Michael 4 Base Boxer Briefs

ngh_5562cc7e85ngh_5562cc7e85 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I need to replace the Michael 4 Base boxer briefs with a Speedo style swimsuit. Can the briefs be removed / deleted in some way?

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

You need a "No briefs" material file to do that. Luckily, ShareCG.com has one here: http://www.sharecg.com/v/42670/gallery/11/Poser/M4-No-Briefs

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

There should be an All NatrualNG material file which will repalce the briefs with skin, though there won't be any detail for the genitals or pubic hair.

edited December 1969

There should be an All NatrualNG material file which will repalce the briefs with skin, though there won't be any detail for the genitals or pubic hair.
    That file is a known missing file on M4. It didn't come with the NG mat file. Hence the need for freebies like the one I linked to.
  • ngh_5562cc7e85ngh_5562cc7e85 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

How should I load / place the files (.png, .mcz, etc.)? THANKS!

edited December 1969

How should I load / place the files (.png, .mcz, etc.)? THANKS!
    There's a runtime folder in the Zip file which contains a Libraries folder containing a Pose folder, containing a MATerials SIMPL_Res Folder. Drag and Drop the contents of this folder into your Documents>DAZ Studio>My Library>Runtime> Libraries>Pose >DAZ's Michael 4>MATerials SIMPL_Res folder
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

That file is a known missing file on M4.

So it is. However, the basic body map is the no-briefs version, the briefs are on a separate map, so a simple swap to set the Skin Hip to the same settings as the reset of the trunk should do the job.

• edited December 1969

This is 2014. I have just purchased Michael 4 and it appears that this "missing file" problem is still not resolved. I downloaded the sharecg freebie for No Briefs. I am using a Mac running 10.6.8. I have located a doc file in my DAZStudio4 folder but am unable to track down the SIMPL_Res folder to drop the m4nobrief. png and nobriefhead.png files. The trail goes cold after that.
    Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• LunariusLunarius Posts: 1
    edited November 2015

This is 2015.  I'm in a similar boat to Kathleen, and I'm also struggling to believe this hasn't been fixed by now.  

Kathleen, and any other Mac users, I think I managed to sort it:

Copy M4 No Briefs.png and .mcz to My DAZ3D Library > Runtime > Libraries > Character > DAZ People

This was enough to get it to show up in Daz, and when applied it worked just fine.  Hope that helps someone else!

For reference, I'm running 10.11.1

Post edited by Lunarius on
  • I have an !AllNaturalNG icon in the pose directory of my content library. If I apply that, Mike is all natural. Of course if you want him to have the little bits, you have to add them and add a texture to them. I've been using that icon ever since M4 came out.