Image on a Plane

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm not able to display an image on a plane primitive. I'm trying to add it throug hthe Srufaces tab in the Diffuse Color section, it appears there, but not on the actual plane, Do any others settings have to be adjusted?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is your Diffuse Strenght set to 100%? I can get an image easily. Also you will need a light on the Front of the plane for the image to show. If your lighting is behind it the image will not be visable.

• edited December 1969

If the sizes are off, is there a way to stretch or shrink the image to fit?

edited July 2012

Just shrink your Plane with the Prameters Tab, X and Z scale I belive.

P.S. Square images are the best to work with. But a 2D art program is handy for editing your Image file.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited December 1969

I still got nothing. I tried jpg, png, bmp, all different sizes, added lights, rotated and resized the plane and it's still gray.

edited July 2012

How are you doing this? Create Primative Plane. Select Plane in Scene Tab. Open Surfaces Tab. Open Default Diffuse, use Drop down arrow to browse to image. Add Image. My steps.

I'm in DS4Pro what are you using.

EDIT: Diffuse Color to add the image.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited December 1969

Yes, I did everything you did. I have 4.0 pro 64bit. I just tried rendering and it DOES show, but for some reason not in Studio... is that normal?

edited December 1969

That might be a issue of your Graphic Card. But I'm not sure. Do you get textures on other Items like Genesis?

• edited December 1969

All other textures seem to work fine. As long as it renders fine I guess it's OK. Thanks for the suggestions.
    FYI: I have an HP laptop with an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD w/ 2 MB of video memory.

edited December 1969

Okay, But I'm still puzzled.

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited July 2012

I know it might be obvious, I am new with Daz Studio, you have to have the draw style set to texture shaded, I have made that mistake.

Post edited by TapiocaTundra on
  • edited December 1969

You win the prize! Somehow I had it set to smooth shaded! :red:

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Ha,, It was no "surprize", n I like prizes :)

edited December 1969

Well I'll be, never crossed my febble mind to ask about the draw style. DUH!