Hair keeps moving

VoidOVoidO Posts: 47
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I added fur to a model. I added 2 layers of fur for base and short hair, then 3 more for longer hagning hair. All are somewhat short hair. Now when I animate the model, the hair keeps moving, and troubles the lighting. Is there a way to keep the hair rigid and not animate when the model moves? so that each hair keeps its pure rigid position relative to the surface of the model?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

telecino said:
    I added fur to a model. I added 2 layers of fur for base and short hair, then 3 more for longer hagning hair. All are somewhat short hair. Now when I animate the model, the hair keeps moving, and troubles the lighting. Is there a way to keep the hair rigid and not animate when the model moves? so that each hair keeps its pure rigid position relative to the surface of the model?

Sounds like what you want is under the dynamic setting. Look for stiffness and shape settings. If you want no movement, then crank them up to max. That may help.

The other thing that may help is to not run a simulation or drape the hair. Try to use the styling tools to get the look you want.

• VoidOVoidO Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Perfect. Right on. Thanks.

edited December 1969

Glad I could help! Dynamic hair looks great, but it can be a real pain to work with sometimes, so I'm always glad to actually provide a suggestion or two that works! :)

edited December 1969

You can find the static panda on the cover of the album, and the thumbnail of the dancing version: http://www.voidorchestra.com/

I'll post the bigger dancing version when it's on youtube. I use it as eye-candy while people listen to the track.

edited December 1969

I'll be sure to take a peak when I get a chance. I'm rendering right now and video plays very choppy.

edited December 1969

I'm posting the renders, and reformulating my question here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/37270/