8.5 WHAT?

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Has anyone heard anything on the 8.5 pro release?

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

The last I heard , it was still in Beta stage of development.

I'm assuming that it'll be released whenever it's ready.

:)

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

We are testing a build this weekend that may be an update to the Carrara 8.5 next week. However we are waiting for the final touches for the new file format to better take data from DAZ Studio 4.5 to Carrara.

We will try to coordinate the release of Carrara 8.5 with the DAZ Studio 4.5 as the file format information will be in place to work together.

Hope this helps you see what we are doing.

• 3dView3dView Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Daz_bfurner -----thanks for the update it is always helpful to get some tidbits on how development is going.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've had the cash for the C8.5 update and spent it twice. Not even trying to come up with it again.
    And how much is that studio 4.5 update going to cost.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,784
    edited July 2012

lol! I gave up last month worrying about how much things are going to cost when I drove up the reat of another car and wrote mine off.
    car loan to repay and high insurance payments later my 3D hobby seems quite cheap!
    the inability to drink alchohol due to an allergic reaction has saved me heaps of money so that helps
    not using my flixotide inhaler regulary enough to save money and getting food stuck in my throat due to swelling not so good!!!
    (I get excema in my throat as well as on my skin and other parts we will leave unmentioned!! and yes, in ears as well!)
    funnily Daz does save me money, I spend less sitting playing with my 3D apps than when I get out into the garden and kill plants or go to shops and buy clothes I do not need.
    And I don't tend to crash my car staying home behind a computer!
    I would love to buy a permenant serial for this beta already, then just do reinstalls if new builds added with bug fixes, at least then I can still have a working version without having to revert back to 8.1

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Agree, DAZ has done a great job of saving me money this year ;)

Certainly didn't spend any here lol

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited July 2012

lol! I gave up last month worrying about how much things are going to cost when I drove up the reat of another car and wrote mine off.
    car loan to repay and high insurance payments later my 3D hobby seems quite cheap!
    the inability to drink alchohol due to an allergic reaction has saved me heaps of money so that helps
    not using my flixotide inhaler regulary enough to save money and getting food stuck in my throat due to swelling not so good!!!
    (I get excema in my throat as well as on my skin and other parts we will leave unmentioned!! and yes, in ears as well!)
    funnily Daz does save me money, I spend less sitting playing with my 3D apps than when I get out into the garden and kill plants or go to shops and buy clothes I do not need.
    And I don't tend to crash my car staying home behind a computer!
    I would love to buy a permenant serial for this beta already, then just do reinstalls if new builds added with bug fixes, at least then I can still have a working version without having to revert back to 8.1

Ooh! Prepayment discount maybe? I'd pay my upgrade fee early/now to get a non-time limited SN for the 8.5 series.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

I'm pessimistic about C8.5. It would not surprise me in the least if the finally release was C9 so DAZ can charge the full upgrade fee.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    I'm pessimistic about C8.5. It would not surprise me in the least if the finally release was C9 so DAZ can charge the full upgrade fee.

I am too. I would prefer if they just slow everything down.
    People are still complaining that DS4 isn't working properly.
    I'd rather wait for a finished product (WITH documentation) than all these Betas that never work right.