Bryce Serial Numbers

konaexpresskonaexpress Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, new guy here.

I have tried to search the forums and web site for the answer to this. I am trying to get the free/trial version of bryce up and running on my Mac but I keep getting an "Invalid Serial Number" message when I use the numbers provided here in the forums and in the read me text in the Daz download file. Not sure what else I can do.

Thanks for any help or advise. -John

P.S. I have also made an account here and have checked my profile/account page and all that stuff and there are no numbers listed in any of that information either if this helps.

Comments

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

When you say you checked your Account Page and there are no numbers listed, you checked the My Serial Numbers link in the left-hand column of your Account Dashboard? I'm assuming you do mean that, but just want to check to be sure.

I know I already had Bryce 7 Pro, which I had purchased long before DAZ put it's software packages up as free downloads, but I had only purchased DAZ Studio 4 Advanced, so I did grab DAZ Studio 4 Pro, and it's serial number is listed on the My Serial Numbers page of my Account Dashboard.

If you have checked that link and it's not there, then I suggest you either open a support ticket or call the DAZ toll free number and ask about it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

OK I shall make two comments here.

First off, if you have recently downloaded Bryce 7 pro, through this site, and received the .zip file thane you will find the correct serial number in the readme file that came with it. http://www.daz3d.com/products/bryce/bryce-what-is-bryce/

2nd comment is, what OSX are you using on your Mac. If you are uing Lion, then I am afraid that you are out of luck. It does say on the product pages for Bryce 7 that it will not work on computers running OS X Lion. http://www.daz3d.com/products/bryce/bryce-tech-specs/

Daz3D hope to sort this out at some time in the future, the next time Bryce enters the Dev cycle

There are a good many things that can be answered in the forums without needing to file support tickets that will just add to the already large load experienced by Customer Service

Post edited by Chohole on
  • konaexpresskonaexpress Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

chohole said:
    OK I shall make two comments here.

First off, if you have recently downloaded Bryce 7 pro, through this site, and received the .zip file thane you will find the correct serial number in the readme file that came with it. http://www.daz3d.com/products/bryce/bryce-what-is-bryce/

2nd comment is, what OSX are you using on your Mac. If you are uing Lion, then I am afraid that you are out of luck. It does say on the product pages for Bryce 7 that it will not work on computers running OS X Lion. http://www.daz3d.com/products/bryce/bryce-tech-specs/

Daz3D hope to sort this out at some time in the future, the next time Bryce enters the Dev cycle

There are a good many things that can be answered in the forums without needing to file support tickets that will just add to the already large load experienced by Customer Service

Thanks for the help!

1. I'm afraid it did not work for me.

2. Snow leopard.

3. This is why I asked in the forums. I was sure that other OS X users COULD have run into the same thing from time to time.

Once again, thanks for the help. I will keep digging around.

-John

Post edited by konaexpress on
    edited December 1969

Most of the Mac Brycers do hang out in the Bryce forum, would you like me to move your thread over there, to see if we can get you some more help. I do know there maybe one or two that are there who use Snowleopard, because I do rember remarking that Snow leopards were prettier than Lions. :red:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Most of the Mac Brycers do hang out in the Bryce forum, would you like me to move your thread over there, to see if we can get you some more help. I do know there maybe one or two that are there who use Snowleopard, because I do rember remarking that Snow leopards were prettier than Lions. :red:

Good job, you made me laugh with that last part.

Let me play with this a bit more first. I was able to download studio and get it to work so I think I will re-download Bryce and start over and see what happens.

Is the Bryce 7 download supposed to have html files for 6.X in it? As long as they work I guess...........

-John

edited December 1969

I think maybe the HTML files may be tuts or something for bryce. If you are going to re download Bryce, do it from the link I gave you. That is the current version, and should include a serial number in the readme.

Like Miss B I bought B7 when it first came out, but discovered that my PC is just not powerful enough to run it, so I am waiting until I have got a new PC before I try using it again. I am happily plodding along using an older version on my older PC, both of which suit me, being an older User. :coolsmirk:

Most anything that was designed for the older versions of Bryce will work in 7, it will even open scene files back to B4 I think.

edited December 1969

Well, I guess I did something wrong the last time or my download was corrupt. I re-downloaded Bryce and installed it, worked like a charm.

Thanks for all the help.

-John

edited December 1969

Glad you got it to work. I knew it did work in Snow Leopard. Although the last time I used a Mac was way back before PCs even, when computeres either used basic or were the first Macs, I do pick up quite a lot from moderating the Bryce forum.

I was jealous when Bryce first came out, because I had gone the PC route as they were much cheaper way back then, and Bryce was originally a mac only app. I had to wait for Bryce 2 before I got to play.

Any problems you find, any questions you want to ask, either do it here, or pop over and introduce yourself to the other brycers in the Bryce forum.

We are normally quite friendly, honestly and very helpful.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    edited December 1969

Just to update for other newbies so they don't lose hair like I did...

When you purchase Bryce 7 Pro, go to your emails and open the email you get for your order. You'll find links to download Bryce.

After everything is installed, you will need the serial number. Go to your Daz account and look for the tab that says "Serial Numbers." You should be all set.

Simple? If only there were instructions...

• jimsturjimstur Posts: 0

mwokee: Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. Not sure why it did but it clicked the way you said it and now I'm Brycing...