What happened to Headkase Sensible Shoes?

MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Anybody have any idea?

-MJ

Comments

• amille12amille12 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Good question, I have actually been looking for those

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited February 2014

Headkase isn't on my "following" list at ShareCG any more, and I didn't remove him/her/them.

While I have the zips of the V4 and M4 Sensible Shoes, the readmes say redistribution is not allowed... sorry.

Post edited by robkelk on
  • MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited February 2014

Wow. That's very unfortunate.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
    edited December 1969

Man that suck, it only takes one

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited December 1969

I'm betting plenty more freebie creators will follow suit...

edited December 1969

Now if someone can find this for M4 or V4 I would be good

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited February 2014

amille12 said:
    Now if someone can find this for M4 or V4 I would be good

The M4 refit is on sharecg, but requires the V4 version for the textures, and the V4 version was the original hosted by Headkase which are now gone.

Here's the link to the M4 version: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65928/gallery/11/Poser/Bossy-Boots-for-Michael-4

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Thanks that is a big help

edited December 1969

amille12 said:
    Thanks that is a big help

Not really. Thats only the REFIT. Its based on the V4 version of the shoes which are gone from the site.

-MJ

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited February 2014

Most of the refits have the needed geometry...but no textures. So if one were to use just the refits, the base textures would not exist. There are several add-on textures or shader based ones that could be used. And yes, the refits were done with permission.

The Genesis version is self-contained.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I'm just surprised that Second Life is still around the las t time I lo gged onto it th e re was so much lag I fou n d it to b e comple

edited December 1969

opal42987 said:
    I'm betting plenty more freebie creators will follow suit...

That feel when nobody thinks my free stuff is good enough to steal on Second Life. :down:

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Just found a werewolf model for sale there... $2,799.00. I almost fell out of my chair. I tried doing a search for Hero stuff to see if my Genesis HeroSuit set was there but like Ghastly, I guess it's not good enough! lol

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Just found a werewolf model for sale there... $2,799.00. I almost fell out of my chair. I tried doing a search for Hero stuff to see if my Genesis HeroSuit set was there but like Ghastly, I guess it's not good enough! lol

Does the price have 'L' sign near '$' sign? If yes, those are in-game dollars. L$1000 is about $4.4 in real money, so L$2,799.00 is about $10.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

I am hesitant to go there on my PC
    my android was innundated with security certificate messages and popups
    I installed secondlife viewer a while ago but soon gave up on the bloody thing for similar slowness as mentioned by ghastly.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    RAMWolff said:

Does the price have 'L' sign near '$' sign? If yes, those are in-game dollars. L$1000 is about $4.4 in real money, so L$2,799.00 is about $10.

Oh, I was wondering what that "L" was. Thanks hon!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Kattey said:
    RAMWolff said:

For a second I thought I had an opportunity to get rich making cybernetic futanari alien catgirl models with 6 tentacles for arms.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

not knowing what a 2nd life is (but I played half-life a lot) why not anyone who submits their work to sharecg start submitting to 2nd life and set up where a charity gets any sales for the item. It would be a lot of extra work but it might slap some faces over there that apparently need to get slapped.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

not knowing what a 2nd life is (but I played half-life a lot) why not anyone who submits their work to sharecg start submitting to 2nd life and set up where a charity gets any sales for the item. It would be a lot of extra work but it might slap some faces over there that apparently need to get slapped.

Second Life is a virtual world owned by Linden Labs. It wouldn't matter regarding the charity as LL claims that it has ownership to any items uploaded to SL. From reading all the fine print, clauses and codicils attached to the changes, there seems to be nothing stopping them from just laying claim to the item and selling it under their name in their own marketplace. It probably not as blatant as that but you never know.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Kattey said:
    RAMWolff said:

For a second I thought I had an opportunity to get rich making cybernetic futanari alien catgirl models with 6 tentacles for arms.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

edited February 2014

I have recently heard back from Headkase, and although it appears he has no desire to return to the 3D Community, he has given his approval for his Sensible Shoes and Bossy Boots products to continue to be circulated as long as we at least attempt to ensure we are not supporting them to sold by a separate party and we attempt to twart these practices the best way we can by sharing them with ONLY reputable individuals not involved in piracy themselves.

If anyone wishes to question this, he has also given me his approval to forward his email address to anyone that wishes to verify my statements with him personally. If you would like, please send me a PM and i will forward you his email address.

As for myself, I am interested in the following Sensible Shoes/Bossy Boots products.

Sensible Shoes:
    A3, H3, V3/V2, M3, MilBaby3 (incl Bossy Boots), Matt/Maddie, Sadie/Sam, V4, G4, M4, & K4 (incl Bossy Boots)

Bossy Boots:
    A3, H3, H4, M4, & V4

So if you have any of the archives, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    I have recently heard back from Headkase, and although it appears he has no desire to return to the 3D Community, he has given his approval for his Sensible Shoes and Bossy Boots products to continue to be circulated as long as we at least attempt to ensure we are not supporting them to sold by a separate party and we attempt to twart these practices the best way we can.

If anyone wishes to question this, he has also given me his approval to forward his email address to anyone that wishes to verify my statements with him personally. If you would like, please send me a PM and i will forward you his email address.

As for myself, I am interested in the following Sensible Shoes/Bossy Boots products.

Sensible Shoes:
    A3, H3, V3/V2, M3, MilBaby3 (incl Bossy Boots), Matt/Maddie, Sadie/Sam, V4, G4, M4, & K4 (incl Bossy Boots)

Bossy Boots:
    A3, H3, H4, M4, & V4

Thanks in advance!

-MJ

I think I have all of them...but some are not easily accessible at the moment and will take a couple of days to check.

Some of those were done by Bee and are suspended for the time being.

Varsel's Genesis and Little_Dragon's Krystal refits are still up.

edited February 2014

mjc1016 said:
    MJ007 said:
    I have recently heard back from Headkase, and although it appears he has no desire to return to the 3D Community, he has given his approval for his Sensible Shoes and Bossy Boots products to continue to be circulated as long as we at least attempt to ensure we are not supporting them to sold by a separate party and we attempt to twart these practices the best way we can.

Sensible Shoes:

Bossy Boots:
    A3, H3, H4, M4, & V4

Thanks in advance!

-MJ

I think I have all of them...but some are not easily accessible at the moment and will take a couple of days to check.

Thanks mjc10186!

Send me a pm when you've located them and we can make arrangements for me getting them.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • HeadkaseHeadkase Posts: 1
    edited February 2014

Hi - Just popping my head in to verify what MJ has said.

Although I have pulled my ShareCG and Rendo listings, I am giving the community here permission to continue sharing my files with genuine users. It would be a pity for new users to miss out on enjoying them, due to the the actions of those without any form of conscience.

I can't elaborate much here publicly due to the nature of the subject itself... but if you are a content creator of any kind - freebie OR commercial - YOU NEED TO WAKE UP AND PROTECT YOUR WORK. I cannot emphasize that strongly enough.

Don't underestimate the Second Life platform - it has evolved a great deal over the past three years or so, and it's now possible for users to upload mesh and make usage of normal and specular maps (until a year ago, the Second Life engine only supported diffuse maps). Although it's technically a "game engine", it doesn't deter (mostly clueless) users from uploading totally unsuitable models - to a degree, high-poly meshes are moderately functional as realtime assets (although framerates will take a big hit). Nothing is safe anymore - as I discovered with my Bossy Boots and Sensible Shoes.

Be vigilant, and protect your work. I cannot emphasize this strongly enough. Content creators here ignore it at their peril.

Headkase.

Post edited by Headkase on
    edited February 2014

Headkase, thank you for giving up limited permission to redistribute your work. That's quite kind of you.

mjc1016 said:
    MJ007 said:

Sensible Shoes:

Bossy Boots:
    A3, H3, H4, M4, & V4

Thanks in advance!

-MJ

Here's what I've found in my personal archives:

Sensible Shoes 2.0 for Aiko-3 - Headkase

Sensible Shoes 2.0 for Michael-4 - Headkase

Sensible Shoes 2.0 for Sadie - Headkase

Sensible Shoes 2.0 for Vicki-4 - Headkase

New Shoes for Sensible Shoes - Trumarcar: "Redistribution of this file complete, unaltered, & at no charge is permitted."

Bossy Boots 2.0 for Vicki-4 - Headkase

Michael 4 - Bossy Boots 2.0 - TaishoBee: "If for whatever reason I fall off of the face of the planet, you may distribute my files in whole." Has TaishoBee fallen off the face of the planet?

MJ007, if mjc1016 can't find these, send me a PM.
    mjc1016, if you can find the ones I don't have, might I get copies?

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

TaishoBee is now just Bee on ShareCG and still TaishoBee on Deviant.

I may be back in business tomorrow...just acquired a 320 GB drive to replace my 250 GB that bit the dust...just have to get it installed and the back ups moved to it (all my archived content is in those backups...and it not easily accessible)...swiped the drive off my son...he just got a 2 TB drive so I think he can spare a measly 320 GB for the old man, right?

So it will still be a day or two before I can see what I've got...but going by what I have installed I should have some of what you are missing, rob.

edited December 1969

Thanks.

MJ007, if you can't wait for the ones I have, PM me...

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Thanks.

MJ007, if you can't wait for the ones I have, PM me...

I can wait... no big hurry. But thanks for the offer.

-MJ