an I/O error occured while executing

Why is this message popping up when I try to load the smoke particle system preset and doesn't happen when I load other particle presets? What's going on and how can this get fixed so I can load the smoke particle preset in Carrara 8 pro?

Comments

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Why is this message popping up when I try to load the smoke particle system preset and doesn't happen when I load other particle presets? What's going on and how can this get fixed so I can load the smoke particle preset in Carrara 8 pro?

What message? Can you give us a screenshot as the subject isn't too helpful. Mind you...the Carrara error messages in general aren't too helpful either; but I digress.

We might be able to suggest some additional troubleshooting steps you can take with a visible screenshot.

• Frank__Frank__ Posts: 302
    edited December 1969

I seem to remember to read on the old forum that some particle presets are screwed up.

Try something like this on google:

smoke particle preset site:forumarchive.daz3d.com

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited December 1969

yep some of the presets are broked up :(
    the way around it is to load them up in carrara 6 and then save them and then open t hem in car 8
    assuming you have Carrara 6
    I think they were broken in Carrara 7 as well, can't remember

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited July 2012

The Smoke and Bubbles particle presets were originally made for C5 or C6, and some things were changed in C7 which caused these to fail when loaded.

Much of the content was rebuilt / re-saved, for C8, to fix the issues, but some items were missed.

I believe Sub 7th released a working version of these particle presets, but i can't find those now,.. so,.
    Here's a rebuilt set of the Bubbles and Smoke (particles presets) which should work in C7 and C8.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7907045/bubbles_n_smoke_8.zip

Hope it helps

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • mfowl_31a9390146mfowl_31a9390146 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Thanks 3DAGE

These work.

;-)