animate 2 serial missing

tearstears Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

in the Dazshop it states that animate 2 is included with studio4 , and to check your available serials in your account to activate it.
I seem to be lacking that serial number, everyother one under the sun, but animate2 serial

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

No, DS4 only includes a 30-day trial of Animate2, after which it reverts to AnimateLite. Animate2 is a paid item. You don't need to install it, as the code is already in DS4, but you need the serial number after 30 days.

• tearstears Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio 4 Install & Activation Instructions: The aniMate2 plug-in is included with the DAZ Studio 4 installer and is installed automatically, but is not activated until you enter a valid serial number for it.

To activate aniMate2 in DAZ Studio 4, go to the "Help" menu and select "About Installed Plugins". Next, find the entry for aniMate2 and click on the "Register" button and then type or paste in your serial code into the Serial Number field. Finally, click on the "Accept" button to finish registration. The aniMate2 serial code will be listed in your "Available Serial Codes" section of your www.daz3d.com account after you order this product.

i dont see trial mentioned anywhere, not even when i load animate2, it just asks for a serial straight off

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you have the serial number, it makes sense to enter it as soon as you install DS4, so that it will not time out after 30 days. It has always been a paid for plugin, and the 30 day trial of it has been around for some time.

You still have Animate Lite, although it does not have the full functionality of Animate 2.

• tearstears Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thanks guys, that solves that then :)

• abangyarudoabangyarudo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Greetings I feel dumb but I tried to follow this post in order to activate animate 2. I just purchased it and when I go into the installed plugins page there is no option to register it.

animate2.jpg
    576 x 778 - 83K
    edited December 1969

It looks the same as mine, and I bought the plugin a long time ago.

Does it work correctly, and how long have you been using this version of DAZ Studio? Did it ever say 'Animate Lite' when you loaded the plugin?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,840
    edited December 1969

It looks as if it is already activated - if you had a serial number for AniMat2 in DS3 that is all you need, as far as I know, I don't think you need to buy again for DS4 (though you would have had to enter the serial number).

• abangyarudoabangyarudo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry for late response but I found out later that its actually working as intended. I later tried to use the aniblocks and save timelines (my main reason for getting it) and it worked so either I was tired and entered it in and forgot or the ds install manager enabled it. Either way thanks for the responses.

• NorrieNorrie Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

What's happened to Animate Lite on my laptop?? I'm not a newbie to DAZ, been here a few years and spent hundreds on products. All of a sudden I;ve lost animate Lite. I uninstalled DAZ (a few times) and re-installed it. I was using DAZ 4.6 Pro, so I even installed DAZ 4.6 Beta, but still nothing. I tried re-installing Animate 2 but when I looked at my serial numbers it looks like they've had a spring clean, no Animate 2.. Without it DAZ Studio is useless to me now.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

norrie said:
    What's happened to Animate Lite on my laptop?? I'm not a newbie to DAZ, been here a few years and spent hundreds on products. All of a sudden I;ve lost animate Lite. I uninstalled DAZ (a few times) and re-installed it. I was using DAZ 4.6 Pro, so I even installed DAZ 4.6 Beta, but still nothing. I tried re-installing Animate 2 but when I looked at my serial numbers it looks like they've had a spring clean, no Animate 2.. Without it DAZ Studio is useless to me now.

If you go to Window > Panes, is Animate Lite listed?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If by any chance you entered a invalid Serail code in the AniMate serial slot it will fully disable Animate in any form even AniMate lite. If you do not have a Valid AniMate2 serial code you never enter anything in that area. If you do it all goes away. The only fix is to remove your DAZ Studio config file(s) and start over to get it all back.

• debu199772debu199772 Posts: 1
    edited February 2015

I do not want to buy aniMate2! then what should i do?

Post edited by debu199772 on
    edited December 1969

I do not want to buy aniMate2! then what should i do?

Animate2 comes as part of the free DAZ Studio install. After 30 days, it reverts to Animate Lite, and you should be able to use it.

What problems are you having?