Monthly membership payment not consistant

GrandmaPaulaGrandmaPaula Posts: 72
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Why is Daz taking my monthly $7.95 payments on different dates of the month then I have to wait several days until I get my voucher/coupon/store credit or whatever?

Here is the dates Daz has taken their payments from my bank so far this year:

7/17/2012
6/23/2012
May was free because of all the BS since they changed
4/28/2012
3/29/2012
2/27/2012
1/29/2012

If you add up the days, they are not consistant from month to month. They range betwen 24 days to 31 days apart. Like June's payment was the 23rd and July's is the 17th. That is only 24 days apart. Seems I am being cheated out of my membership days that I am paying for.
It may not seem to be a big deal to most, but when someone like me (Disabled and on a tight budget) it matters.

So, if I want to cancel my membership, will I get a full refund since Daz technically shouldn't have taken my payment until the 29th,30th or 31th?

I think Daz should only take the payments either every 30 days or on the same date each month. What if I hadn't had the $7.95 in the bank yet. The payments could have been returned and I would have been charged by my bank and by Daz for non sufficient funds.... Luckily I do have the money in the bank, but still....

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Have you actually looked when your membership will run out each month?

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Ascania said:
    Have you actually looked when your membership will run out each month?

That shouldn't cause a 12 day variation in the dates payment is taken. A couple of days late is reasonable enough to deal with weekends, but 10 days earlier than any other payment is definitely an anomaly.

edited December 1969

Does the end date hop around like the date the payment is taken?

If it does not you are NOT being cheated. Each membership period still runs for a full month. Simples!

• GrandmaPaulaGrandmaPaula Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

I dont know where to find where it shows when the "end date" is from month to month. This is all I could find:

Products: Platinum Club monthly membership

Last order amount: $7.95

Price: $7.95

Start: 3/1/2007

Expires: Never

Period: Monthly

Next Payment: 08/16/2012

Delivery Date: 07/16/2012

Stauts: Active

So if I joined the paid membership on 03/01/2007, that would be the day I made my first payment (which was $29.95 to start) So why aren't my payments taken on the first of each month then? So apparently I am missing 1/2 a month's worth then right? I don't even know when it all started with Daz taking my payments and the discrepancies. I never thought to check. It is done automatically.

And this is what it says about payments: The DAZ Store will bill your account beginning 2 days prior to the expiration of your membership.

I can agree with that, but apprently, 2 days isn't in the middle of the month since I joined on the 1st day of the month of March, 2007. So they should be taking my payments somewhere between the 29th-30th of each month.

BTW, still no voucher/coupon/whatever it is now called.....

Has anyone else checked into their paid memberships lately?

edited December 1969

Well, that now is something you should talk to customer service about.

edited December 1969

Okay I am really getting ticked off now.
    I went to bank statement online and I see Daz took their payment on 07/17/2006 AND on 07/06/2012! 11 freaking days apart!
    So they took from my bank twice this month!. The 07/06/2012 is NOT showing in my Daz account but it is sure showing on my bank statement.

I am a normally easy going and calm, but this is ticking me off big time!

So I guess I better go back a ways on my bank statements to see how long they have been double dipping.....

And no, no one else in my house has an account at Daz so no one here is stealing my money

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Flagging this up for you. Please submit a support ticket as well.

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

I just checked my DAZ account and my bank account, and the same thing happened to me. I was charged $7.95 on 7/9 -- with no notice that I'd been charged -- and again today another $7.95. This time, I got an email notice.

I will submit a ticket, and DAZ better be quick about answering this one and making sure this does not happen again.

edited December 1969

Interesting ain't it? :bug:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Flagging this up for you. Please submit a support ticket as well.

Thank you Chohole. I have submitted it to support. Onw thing though, I have read recently that support hasn't been answering alot of members support submissions. I hope they fix that issue.

Thanks again

Paula

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Interesting ain't it? :bug:

Britney got back to me a few hours after I sent in the ticket and it turned out that my July charge was actually for June -- it was just delayed by a couple weeks. I checked my bank account and had no payment show up in June.

She also said an email was sent out to the affected parties about this delayed payment, but I don't recall receiving it. Hopefully that will be the answer for your problem too.

They do seem to be billing a few days earlier than they used to, though.