Then render an animation with DAZ Studio 4 Pro I got an error with the compression, so no video avi!

Alfhak712Alfhak712 Posts: 94
edited July 2012 in New Users

Earlier I could create animation with DAZ but after I did a upgrade on my computer of full version of WIN 7 64 bit on new formated hard disks, I can't create video file anymore!

The render works as it should but then DAZ is going to create the avi. file the error come!
A small windows comes up and a message is Unable use "Compression Settings"!
The only thing I can select in the small window is for Compressor is Microsoft RLE!
Then I try that folowing message comes up!
"The compression type you selected could not be initialized. Please select another compressor type!
I can't select another cause the only one that exist is the one mention above!

Yesterday I noticed something else and I don't know if this is the "bug" that cause the error!
Then I load up DAZ and the first window that come up show 2 things that I need to put reg key
to use those plugs in! I noticed that one of them are "animate2"
The same that is used under Pose and Animate then I working in DAZ!
I tried to put in the reg key as for DAZ there to see if that kill the "bug" but it was wrong key!
Later I found out that animate2 cost about 50-60 US Dollar on the DAZ shop!
I don't understand a thing of this! How can animate2 be in my DAZ Studio Pro if I can't use
it?

Thanks!

Post edited by Alfhak712 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

On rendering to .avi -you may need to reisntall the base codecs, but in general it's better to render to an image sequence and then use a video editor to assemble the image sequence into an animation - that's more flexible in that you can correct minor glitches without re-rendering the whole sequence, and it allows you to use PNG with an alpha channel to ease compositing if needed.

Animate runs in Lite mode without the serial number, so you are able to use some of its features. The other plugin you will be seeing a prompt for is decimatior - that's part of the paid-for DS4Pro, but for contractural reasons cannot be included in the free version. The actual code is there for people with a license (either paid-for Pro or a separate Decimator license).

• Alfhak712Alfhak712 Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Hi Richard!

Thanks for your reply!

I did a try with rendering everything to an image sequence and then import them to Corel Video Studio Pro.
    I had the feeling that the animated sequence was little longer in time compare to how it was in DAZ!
    I just did a test using one of those aniblock and a grey figure.
    The aniblock worked for 6 seconds and I got a movie for 33 seconds!
    I think I am going to make a reinstall of DAZ so I get it to work but as you say it is also good if you want to
    correct some small things! Thanks for that tip!

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

I usually choose no-compression option when rendering a movie.. it makes bigger files but doesn't crash on me like choosing a compression option and you are more likely to keep the sound working. You can compress the video in your post app... I use PowerDirector but I bet Corel Video Studio can compress it also.

edited July 2012

Today I reinstall DAZ 4 Studio Pro and tried
    to make an movie! The same erros as before happends
    again with the Microsoft RLE!
    I don't understand that?
    Is there another compression you can install and then select it!

I think I also need to get an understanding about render to an image sequence and then
    asemble them to a film sequence.
    The first attempt I did, the movie get much longer then it should then render an image
    sequence and then asemble them in a movie file! The reason is that each image get to long in time!
    Normal moving speed is 24 frames/s and each frame should take
    1/24 seconds or 0.04167 in time!
    I must do something wrong then I got each image to 2½ seconds then I load them into Corel Video Pro!
    The files are in dsi format saved from DAZ!

Updated
    Looks like corel can't t show each image or frame faster than 0.1 image/ second or a speed of 10 frames/s then
    you import a sequence of images and try to create a movie.

edited December 1969

Today I reinstall DAZ 4 Studio Pro and I still can't
    create a movie! Same faults as before still exist!

"A small windows comes up and a message is Unable use “Compression Settings”!
    The only thing I can select in the small window is for Compressor is Microsoft RLE!
    Then I try that folowing message comes up!
    “The compression type you selected could not be initialized. Please select another compressor type!
    I can’t select another cause the only one that exist is the one mention above!"

I run CC cleaner after install of everything and I also double check that everything was removes before
    I install DAZ 4 Studio pro!

What to do next?

Win 7, 64 bit in use!

movie_compression_options.jpg
    732 x 666 - 147K
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

I get the same error you get with Microsoft RLE ......but I have other drop down options .... I use either Microsoft video 1 or no compression. I am using Daz Studio 4 Pro version 4.0.3.47 with windows 7 64 bit. Here is a screen shot of my option list.

edited December 1969

I have that window as I say and only option is Microsoft RLE!
    I don't have any other Video Compression to choose from!
    Will try and see if I can get another one to work!

edited July 2012

Today I manage to get it to work but not with the version for Win 7, 64 bit!
    I tried earlier version of DAZ 4 with 32 bit and that worked to make animation!
    I also did new downloads of DAZ 4 Studio Pro and it did not help for the 64 bit version
    but the 32 bit version works! Very strange cause I have Win 7, 64 bit as OS!
    I have no idea why it is like this and now I only hope that it should not be any other
    issues then running a 32 bit on a 64bit OS!

• edited December 1969

Install the Lagarith Codec http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

After saving the animation, you can open it in VirtualDUB (Or other editing softwares) and edit it and/or save it in other formats.

I always use it for my animations.