Can I still buy DS3 upgrades?

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I just don't like DS4. Is there any way I can still buy the upgrades to my free version of DS3, like advanced or pro?

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I think there was only advanced, no pro. And if it is no longer in the store for sale then I doubt it.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

DS3A was given away on a magazine coverdisk last year, if i come across the post in the old forum i'll let you know and you can see if there is a back issue available. :)

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

DS3A was given away on a magazine coverdisk last year, if i come across the post in the old forum i'll let you know and you can see if there is a back issue available. :)

edited June 2012

Search doesn't work as yet in the old forum, so I won't find it in there, however I suddenly remembered that I have the magazine still!

It was Digital Arts October 2011 issue. the link is here, http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/downloads/?action=showMagazine&id=3306868 and you need to register (free) to download, and you will need to buy either a paper or digital copy of the magazine to get the serial number.

Hope this helps :)

Post edited by IanTP on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

It's not working too well anymore... :(

edited December 1969

It's not working too well anymore... :(

sorry to hear that, it worked fine when I posted originally.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The link works fine for me, and my DS3A still works like a champ. I'm at a loss.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The link works fine for me, and my DS3A still works like a champ. I'm at a loss.

Thats so weird, I just clicked on the download link for the October issue and it took me back to the main download page, I have it anyway, bought the magazine, but wanted to help a fellow Dazzer out :)

edited July 2012

Well, luckily, someone at Daz saw my thread and provided me with the upgrade. :D Wasn't that nice of them?

Post edited by WillowRaven on
    edited December 1969

I just tested the main link, I'm not going to BUY the back issue to get it. I would not give it away for FREE eather. :bug:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I just tested the main link, I'm not going to BUY the back issue to get it. I would not give it away for FREE eather. :bug:

Well, it was more of a thank you gift for something I did for Daz.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Well, it was more of a thank you gift for something I did for Daz. I ment the mag site, I'm happy you got it. I ment, why give away the magazine? I have every version of DS from 2.3 to 4.5RC2 but as you know we just can not give them away.

edited December 1969

Well, luckily, someone at Daz saw my thread and provided me with the upgrade. :D Wasn't that nice of them?

cool, glad you got it sorted :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Confused, Daz gave it away free, all I did was point towards a location where it was available legally, as Daz no longer supply it.

edited December 1969

Just ignore that post, I was in Brain dead mode at the time. Talking was the last thing I should have been doing. I'm just glad they got the upgrade and all ended well.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Just ignore that post, I was in Brain dead mode at the time. Talking was the last thing I should have been doing. I'm just glad they got the upgrade and all ended well.

No worries, its all good :)