Guns. BANG!

2»

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

I personally have not made any mat files for them.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

@Matty: Okay, got ya. And yes, I was trying to edit the IDE50 (something like IDE506_6.cr2, IDE50_10.cr2, blah blah blah). I also have the AGM19. I just wasn't sure if I was sure if we were talking about the gun or the bullets. lol. Just trying to be exact.

@SpotedKitty: Not I. But it would be cool if someone made some. A freebie maybe.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

Only the CR2 files need to be edited. Since the bullets are props then we dont have to edit them :)

edited December 1969

Um, I've never gone by names so I can't tell by the list, but is there a working shotgun?

• equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

What kind of shotgun are you looking for? bob1965 has a pretty decent selection -- for free, no less -- over at OnTarget3D...

Win1897 - based on the Winchester Model 97, a slide-action model with 3 different (long, riot and trench) barrels via geometry switching.

Coach Gun - a side-by-side double-barreled, break-action design of the sort Wells Fargo issued to its drivers for defense beginning in the late 1850s, and still manufactured today.

Over and Under Shotgun - another break-action double-barrel design; as the name indicates, the barrels are vertically stacked.

All three feature working actions, triggers, hammers and the like. And did I mention they're free?

edited December 1969

Free guns? Thanks!

• joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited November 2012

Free guns? Thanks!

If you're a fan of classic TV spy shows and you want free guns, look at this here over on ShareCG:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/62100/browse/5/3D-Model/Man-from-U.N.C.L.E.-P38-Special

Yep, it's the famous U.N.C.L.E. Special based on the Walther P-38. (The guy who made this also has free Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin characters for M4.)

By the way, for those of you who were troubled about instruments designed for killing being so pretty, the U.N.C.L.E. Special fires sleep-dart ammunition in addition to its regular loads.

Post edited by joea64_bdfaa5ca94 on
    edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    Free guns? Thanks!

If you're a fan of classic TV spy shows and you want free guns, look at this here over on ShareCG:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/62100/browse/5/3D-Model/Man-from-U.N.C.L.E.-P38-Special

Yep, it's the famous U.N.C.L.E. Special based on the Walther P-38. (The guy who made this also has free Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin characters for M4.)

By the way, for those of you who were troubled about instruments designed for killing being so pretty, the U.N.C.L.E. Special fires sleep-dart ammunition in addition to its regular loads.

Thanksd. I'm actually not sure which gun I want to use. I just know I have an animation I want to do where a couple of idiots open fire at a place and then get their triggers shot off by a badarse guy. lolo

• joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited November 2012

Speaking of Motokamishii's gun models, I ran into a problem tonight with one of them. I bought his Ingram M11 submachine gun model last weekend and attempted to load it into my latest scene, but when I tried to do that, the light (the default scene light) changed from bright to dark, basically, a mirror image of itself. Since the model has a number of variants, I tried several of them, but with the same result, and I finally had to leave it out of the scene because I don't yet know how to reset the light to the proper state when something like that happens. Does anyone know what I'm talking about (I might not have been too clear explaining it, I should have taken renders to show you the problem) and how to fix it or prevent it from happening?

Post edited by joea64_bdfaa5ca94 on
    edited December 1969

Did you load it in Poser or DS? Try adjusting the shaders. Shaders are different from program to program.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...I 'd like to see someone do the weapons from the Shadowrun RPG system.

...and the T.H.R.U.S.H. guns with that IR sight.

edited December 1969

The trigger of the AGM10 looks kinda weird, but man, I wiush these things were smart propped.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited November 2012

The garage is getting a bit cluttered - might need to make/get a decent gun rack or two...

arsenal.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 865K
    Post edited by Jabba on
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited December 1969

here i am again with a very stoopid question..

i recently bought the "bad guy for genesis" set - it was a cheap sale item, i wanted it especially for the holster. of course, free gun (not that this is hard to come by free, but hey, holster, jeans, untucked shirt..).

now i thought maybe it would be cool in a scene where my hitman leaves his gun on a table to have some ammo lying around too.
    problem: i'm totally weapon illiterate - maybe cuz living far away from the states, lol - what type of gun is this? do you need something like ammo in a box (i saw 2 freebies on rendo, no idea if they fit in the concept), or do you buy a full loader instead you can just chuck inside (if something like that exists).. no clue whatsoever what i'm looking for to make it a tiny little bit realistic ~
    the superduper awesome list a few posts behind is great, i'm bookmarking it for later - but for me it's almost as if it was written in chinese :/

• edited January 2014

Removed Link. Alternate link in next post down by me.

Thank you for the links. ...Bookmarked the thread.

Post edited by 7th Stone Productions on
    edited December 1969

The Bad Guy gun is based on a classic 1911 design, but seems front end of barrel has been simplified.

The trigger suggests it's based on a Colt, Kimber, or Sig Sauer... which invariably means it'll be none of these, LOL.

Magazine capacity would typically be 8 (mag inserted at bottom of pistol grip), but there's scope either way depending on caliber. Each magazine is reloaded manually, so there could easily be loose bullets lying around.

The only things that would be wrong as such would be to have magazines that clearly don't fit the gun e.g. rifle magazines, or revolver speedloaders in the scene if they're supposed to be getting used on a semi-automatic pistol like the Bad Guy gun (image below is a revolver speedloader i.e. what should NOT be in the scene)

revolver_speedloaders.jpg
    338 x 244 - 65K
    edited January 2014

***edit*** - changed my mind about this post, no point offering opinions that'll achieve nothing.

Post edited by Jabba on
  • edited April 2014

@ Jabba101... Ahhh.... OK, my bad. Been away from the forum for a while. I will remove the link from my previous post.

Edit: No fair removing/changing your previous post Jabba101. *wink*

If links to freebies are acceptable then here is one to replace the link I deleted above...

Post edited by Chohole on
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited April 2014

meanwhile, i decided to switch on my brain - and i looked at the texture of the gun in my runtime. bingo, it's an INFINITY. whatever.
    anyway i saw pics on google - https://www.google.ch/search?q=gun+infinity&tbm=isch
    and yeah, it seems you need one of those squarish magazines to stick in.
    so i guess you can buy boxes with a couple of new magazines - or do you have to put bullets in the magazine yourself??
    will be hard to find one of those magazines, i'll check the long list ~

EDIT: didn't find just a magazine on the list - but i found a full set on sharecg with gun AND magazine, silencer, laser, bullet and shell, so instead of mixing things that don't fit, i'll use that gun.
    it's for a totally fictional yakuza hitman, not a strictly historical military reconstruction, after all ^^ - anyway, the FN57 exists for real.

EDIT 2: wow the HK is even better, beautiful and modern. but you need to register to download freebies on the site, and the chances are tiny that i'll ever need something from there again, i don't really want to spread my details to one more internet site ~pity!

thx everybody for their help/opinion!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...love to find somewhere I can get firearm models inspired by the Shadowrun RPG.

Most notably:

The Ares Predator Series
    The Ingram Smartgun SMG
    The Ruger Super Warhawk (my character KK's favourite)
    The Ares Alpha
    The FN-AAL Gyro Jet (Leela's weapon of choice)
    The Streetline Special
    The Yamaha Sakura Fubuki
    The Franchi SPAS-22
    The Ruger Thunderbolt.
    The Panther Assault Cannon