The state of the forums

bjorn.lovollbjorn.lovoll Posts: 29
edited July 2012 in Bryce Discussion

So any clue on when things will be working as they should?

Yes I could have posted to the 'rant' thread or any number of threads but since the forum still sorts on original thread creation date not last post I can't be bothered to find it.

I love Bryce but not enough to put up with the incredibly low quality of forum software that was supposedly tested and still delivered in this state.

Post edited by bjorn.lovoll on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

The forums will be worked on once the store is running smoothly.

• bjorn.lovollbjorn.lovoll Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Fair enough.

So then I guess the question for now is:

What is the prognosis to get the store running as it used to?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

How long is a piece of string ?

• bjorn.lovollbjorn.lovoll Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Since it is whatever it turns out to be. I take this to mean that no one has a clue.

So then the logical follow up how much longer must we endure this POS before we can get the old software back?

I miss forums that work. I am grumpy about the current state of things. That month after month rolls by and no one is forth coming with anything approaching actual info is rather telling I think.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    But the forums are essential for the Daz Store success... example the newsletter for the Wicked sale points you here to read up on the details of the offer.. I come here and get a quick headache from the forums and out of the shopping mood. Its been 2 months so its way past time to fix the forums... spend some money and bring in a contractor team
  • NimosNimos Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

I have an idea. Since this whole mess is the fault of that other software company, and not Daz, why not sue that other software company for 100 million dollars in damages, then use this money to re-create a properly functioning website and upgrade Bryce to a state-of-the-art 3D app that will dazzle the world?

• kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

A piece of string is 62.12 Bryce Units long.

Cheers
    GG

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited July 2012

I have an idea. Since this whole mess is the fault of that other software company, and not Daz, why not sue that other software company for 100 million dollars in damages, then use this money to re-create a properly functioning website and upgrade Bryce to a state-of-the-art 3D app that will dazzle the world?

Hell I'll settle for just the Bryce Upgrade....so what that I can't have an avatar and I got to hit return twice to make a blank line between paragraphs. :roll:

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Is that Daz string or regular string?

• kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

More than likely it would be Daz string, but hey we could be lucky and get regular. would you like fries with that sir????

Cheers
    GG

edited December 1969

kiwi_gg said:
    More than likely it would be Daz string, but hey we could be lucky and get regular. would you like fries with that sir????

Cheers
    GG

Well if it's Daz string then whatever you think it will be...double it minimum. :)

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Is it conforming string?
    Got to get me some of that.

BTW; the mathematical way to work it out, is that a piece of string is exactly twice as a long as half a piece of string.

edited December 1969

Is it conforming string?
    Got to get me some of that.

BTW; the mathematical way to work it out, is that a piece of string is exactly twice as a long as half a piece of string.

That's normal string, Daz string often defies the laws of nature and reality. :)

• gdresch_8c94c3f8dcgdresch_8c94c3f8dc Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Definition of DAZ String:

The distance from the center to one end is exactly twice the distance from the center to the other end.

!=New Member ( stupid forum software... )

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

This brings a whole new meaning to ‘String Theory’: a theory that may unite all the fundamental forces in the Universe. When some Strings relate to a respective sub-atomic particle, for example, the Boson particle, you then have the ‘Bosonic String’ theory.

Given this, and the problems we’re all experiencing with DAZ, the ‘DAZonic String’ theory has arrived :) Unfortunately, however, while the particle String theories are all trying to unite, it appears the DAZonic String theory is doing the opposite ;)

Jay

dazonic.jpg
    702 x 154 - 52K
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

The length of a piece of string will be settled after the store is running smoothly.

edited December 1969

And don't forget after they get avatars working again in the forum. I'm just a bit more concerned with that then the nature of string :)

edited December 1969

Ah but debating the nature of string does serve to keep people amused while we wait for them to start working on the forums.

funny-pictures-cats-think-about-life.jpg
    500 x 335 - 34K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Ah but debating the nature of string does serve to keep people amused while we wait for them to start working on the forums.

Well now if you really want amusing then we need to discuss the nature of that laser thingie that makes the red dot. :)

edited December 1969

good point. but I don't have a laser pointer, do have a lot of string, and my cats are quite happy chasing string, while we debate it's propertites

edited December 1969

or cat will come up and claw your arm up until you grab the laser pointer. I guess she's letting us know its time to play.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited July 2012

chohole said:

It does indeed Pam, I'm absolutely riveted to this whole "nature of string" debate!
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Hell, I'll even play with string on the occasion. I'll be playing with the cats with it and find myself playing to

edited December 1969

Himeself will play with string on accsions, he likes making fancy knots out of a piece of string.

Fancy_knots.JPG
    300 x 224 - 14K
  • pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

- What is the meaning of life?

- Is there really such a thing as Infinity?

- Are moderators human?

- Can women really drive?

- Is it wise to pick your nose using chopsticks?

- How long is a piece of string?

These are questions that have puzzled mankind for, well, at lest a few weeks now, and some things may never be answered. But thanks to sheer brain capacity, it is the British that have found the answer to the question ...

How long is a piece of string?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLIwuWNOWBk

edited December 1969

Alan Davis hosts Horizon? Is this a spoof? I remember Horizon from the 70's - when I had a TV - and it used to cover serious scientific topics. This is madness, it's no wonder today's generation of scrotes and wasters, don't learn anything while they are pretending to be sick.

edited December 1969

I remember Horizon from the 70's - when I had a TV - and it used to cover serious scientific topics.

Are you suggesting the nature of string is not a serious scientific subject? :)

edited December 1969

Scientists are serious about all their work, but not all the work is as serious as the scientists who work on it.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited December 1969

Are you suggesting the nature of string is not a serious scientific subject? :)

In cosmology, the existence of Strings is now doubted.
    edited July 2012

After disparaging it, turns out the Horizon was moderately entertaining and did in fact come up with a definitive answer at the end.

Edit: If the numbers are not clear, it reads 319.442 mm - so that's settled.

Image2.jpg
    746 x 400 - 102K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on