Serial numbers

13»

Comments

• spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

I just loaded Hexagon version 2.5.1.79 and it keeps asking for a serial number. Any ideas where I can find this serial number. I am stuck in demonstration mode without it. Thanks!!!!!!:-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have moved your post over and merged it with a thread that is ongoing about this issue

• darknight666darknight666 Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

well that serial dont work for me, gotta be something wrong, it dont work on my freinds mac either, i did contact support a few days ago so hopefully ill get a reply soon

edited May 2012

Hexagon serial number is now in this thread, first post

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/

As that is the official help thread, you can post any further problems in there, it keeps all the queries in one place.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

thanks for the help chohole, but for some reason it still says invalid licence?.
    could it be to do with it asking for an 026?maybe i need a new zipped mac download? if thats the right serial for macs, has someone by any chance got a zipped download for mac on a server i could download?

edited December 1969

THe only place you can download it is from this site. It is A Daz3D product, and although at the moment there is a 100% discount on it, this may not last forever.

It is not permissable to ask anyone else to send you a copy, despite it being on special offer.

• edited May 2012

thanks for the help chohole, but for some reason it still says invalid licence?. could it be to do with it asking for an 026?maybe i need a new zipped mac download? if thats the right serial for macs, has someone by any chance got a zipped download for mac on a server i could download?

Okay, now I have absoulutely ZERO experience with MACs, so bear with me here as I try to figure out what's going on.

I have 4 files of particular note in my collection here:

#1) The EXE file for win32 currently and openly downloadable from DAZ named Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.exe

#2) The EXE file for win32 that was ORIGINALLY offered by DAZ for free, requiring website registration and "purchase" for $0.00 in order to download and for which a unique serial number was sent to my account, also named Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.exe

#3) Most importantly for these purposes, I have the ORIGINAL ZIP file for win32 that was made openly downloadable from DAZ without website registration, just before they changed over to the new website. It is named Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.zip

#4) The ZIP file for MAC currently and openly downloadable from DAZ named Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Mac321.zip

I'll refer to these 4 files by number for simplicity.

File #1 is currently supplied with no serial number, so we had to resort to our tribal "hunter/gatherer" roots to go find one. :)

File #2 was a unique serial provided by DAZ to each registrant under the old system.

File #3 has a serial number included in the ZIP and is the source of the now well-known "posted" serial number which works with files #1 and #2 above.

The EXE file inside the ZIP file from #3, and the EXE files #1 and #2 all have the same CRC32 which is EE7D93A3. This means they are the same exact file, and are 100% interchangeable. Any serial for one will work on the other two.

With that established, I'll limit my focus hereafter to files #3 and #4

#4 is a MAC ZIP file which contains 7 files in 4 directories.

#3 is a win32 ZIP file which contains 3 files in 2 directories.

Now HERE'S WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING:

#4 is MAC SPECIFIC. It has no files that are natively accessible from a PC.

#3 has a single EXE file in it which is native to PCs, and a text file with the serial number in it. But very interestingly, it also has a single subdirectory called "__MACOSX" which implies to me that the EXE file is able to be read AND IS SOMEHOW INSTALLABLE by a MAC machine.

MAC users read the following carefully:
    In the base directory of #3 are 2 files:
    Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.exe
    Hexagon2_5_SerialCode_README.txt

In the subdirectory "__MACOSX" is a single file:
    ._Hexagon2_5_SerialCode_README.txt

The readme in the root is a standard ASCII txt file which has only the serial number that has already been posted here.

But the readme in the __MACOSX subdirectory, even though it's named as a "txt" file, contains a mix of ASCII and binary characters, and I have no idea what information it contains. I can't make out anything in it that resembles a DAZ style serial number...and yet its name implies something here.

So here's my questions:
    Is it possible that the win32 ZIP file #3 with its __MACOSX subdirectory is installable on a MAC using the posted serial number, while the MAC ZIP file with the native MAC files does NOT accept the posted serial number?

The following RAR snapshot is file #3.

BTW, I'll include a snapshot of the "._Hexagon2_5_SerialCode_README.txt" file which is found in the __MACOSX subdirectory here. I have to do it this way because the binary characters will prevent it from uploading as a text file, and the DAZ system won't let me upload an RAR file. But it might be useful to someone who can deal with it. :)
    MAC_readme.jpg
    737 x 222 - 54K
    Hexagon_2.5_.1_.79_Win32_.jpg
    821 x 311 - 53K
    Post edited by emfederin_9bc0c524c8 on
    edited May 2012

thanks mate appreciate your help in trying to fix this, it seems that it is mac specific, i cant find a way round it, even tried running it in a wine wrapper with no luck. no contact from daz either ):
    ah well i have other programs i use but it would have been nice to try this one, ill try a windows one later
    YAY, got it running in a v.d with wine

Post edited by darknight666 on
  • edited December 1969

thanks mate appreciate your help in trying to fix this, it seems that it is mac specific, i cant find a way round it, even tried running it in a wine wrapper with no luck. no contact from daz either ):
    ah well i have other programs i use but it would have been nice to try this one, ill try a windows one later
    YAY, got it running in a v.d with wine

I've since learned that MAC OSX is a "special case" of sorts. MAC used to be built around motorola technology. When MAC moved to the powerpc chip (an ungodly powerful RISC chip), apple developed OSX on it. Later MAC dropped the powerpc and moved to intel and ported OSX over to it. So this leads me to guess that the above package may work "out of the box" only if you have an intel based MAC running OSX while all other MAC configurations would need the other file. Not sure how accurate that all is, but that's my guess so far...

Anyway, it's great to hear that you got it running to that extent; I know this has been driving you nuts! :)

OS emulators in my experience have always been sluggish, although my direct experience with them pre-date pentiums. Hopefully today's processors make them far less tedious. :)

But in the end, I really don't understand what the holdup is at DAZ. They now have ALL their links to the download files working. It would only take somebody about 5 minutes to replace the current passwordless target files with the original password-included files they had prior to the revamp.

Hope springs eternal... :)
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Well, I can't really figure out why darknight is having trouble. As I posted earlier, I downloaded the Mac zip file that has no serial and installed it using the serial number posted by blackjack. If it worked for me, I don't see why it wouldn't work for anyone.

In addition to that, chohole posted another serial number that is supposed to work (although I haven't had an opportunity to verify it).

The only thing I can think is that darknight's copy of Hexagon for Mac didn't come from the current free DAZ download link found at "Products/Hexagon/What is Hexagon".

• tigerakiltigerakil Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

i want hexagon2.5 serial number

edited December 1969

It should be in the readme that came with the download

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Hi Chohole!
    It's been a while since you've looked at this thread I guess, so I'll save you some reading and bring you up to speed.
    Many people downloaded Hexagon when the site rebooted (like myself). At the time it gave you the .exe file for program installation, not the .zip folder with both the exe and the readme so no serial #.
    The serial number which worked for me and should still work is at the bottom of page 3 of this thread.
    John

edited December 1969

That information is out of date. If you have the .exe and no serial number then you will need to re download to get the zip, with the readme containg a serial number.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

AHA! Sorry and thanks for the correction! (Carefully removes foot from mouth)

edited December 1969

Tis OK, the way things keep changing, even we get confused. In a post further up I had put a link to a thread which no longer has the relevant info either.

these little things are sent to keep us on our toes I think :roll:

• helioslyonshelioslyons Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I have a problem to.............

When I open bryce 7 and type my username and my serial number (from the readme file) it just quits.

And by the way I am on MacOSX Version 10.7.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:long:

edited December 1969

Unfortunately Bryce 7 does not work on OSX Lion at the current time. It does state this if you check the Tech Specs

http://www.daz3d.com/products/bryce/bryce-tech-specs/

• edited December 1969

its nowhere to be found in my stuff either serial numbers of read me, could someone just be cool and hook us up wid dat?

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481
    edited December 1969

Drakpa said:
    Same problem: I've downloaded a .exe for hexagon, it asks me a serial at launch but there is no serial in readme or in account so I can't use it.

Same issue here. Hard to believe this hasn't been solved 2 years later. It wan'ts to charge me to download again. Only have the exe and a serial in my account that will not validate. Frustrating to say the least, especially when I actually PAID for this software.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Greybro said:
    Drakpa said:
    Same problem: I've downloaded a .exe for hexagon, it asks me a serial at launch but there is no serial in readme or in account so I can't use it.

Same issue here. Hard to believe this hasn't been solved 2 years later. It wan'ts to charge me to download again. Only have the exe and a serial in my account that will not validate. Frustrating to say the least, especially when I actually PAID for this software.

We can buy multiple copies of any product [makes sense for things like the gift cards] but to download it? From your Product Library? It should not be asking for money there. That would be the most recent [and only available] edition atm. The serial key has to be manually typed in [run thing as admin] to work on some computers. If all that doesn't work, then contact CS because they have been helping folk get their numbers last I read. For some unknown reason [at least I don't know why] a whole bunch of serial numbers and some products seemed to have vanished from our accounts. My account has the download but not the key! Thankfully the computer kept the key information for the re-installation though and it's working.