3D light Master;

FabeFabe Posts: 212
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm thinking about buying the 3D light master training set,is it as good as it claims or would I be better off with other light training?

Comments

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

If this is the Dreamlight stuff you'd be best to sign up to his newsletter. As he regularly has sales. About 2 months ago he had the light master training on sale for $24.

• FabeFabe Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Yeah its the dreamlight stuff.the $46.95 sale that's going on right now looks pretty good ,the basic training video plus forum support and 10 hours of live training,not bad

edited July 2012

I would say that original price is somewhat inflated. The regular price for the Light Master is $47 http://www.3dlightmaster.com/get_lightmaster.htm, so only saving $0.05. The live training is recorded live training, rather than actual live webinar type training. I have yet to see much forum support, unless there are some hidden forums that I'm not seeing. I haven't really seen him posting on the forums. I would speak to one of the Mods over there - Miss B or Dana TA (I've seen both posting over here). As I said I've seen light master on sale at half price $24. It was also thrown in as a freebie with his lastest course 3d pin up which was $37 in total.

Post edited by anikad on
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    I would say that original price is somewhat inflated. The regular price for the Light Master is $47 http://www.3dlightmaster.com/get_lightmaster.htm, so only saving $0.05. The live training is recorded live training, rather than actual live webinar type training. I have yet to see much forum support, unless there are some hidden forums that I'm not seeing. I haven't really seen him posting on the forums. I would speak to one of the Mods over there - Miss B or Dana TA (I've seen both posting over here). As I said I've seen light master on sale at half price $24. It was also thrown in as a freebie with his lastest course 3d pin up which was $37 in total.

So If I miss this ale I should still be able to get just the training video for $47 because it looks like the regular price is $97 with the forum and recorded stuff normally costing $60 each.

edited December 1969

Fabe_ca said:

So If I miss this ale I should still be able to get just the training video for $47 because it looks like the regular price is $97 with the forum and recorded stuff normally costing $60 each.

I don't think you have to worry about missing the sale because he's been selling the course including bonus' at $47 for months, it was cheaper for a couple of weeks. I'm on his mailing list and he seems to be always having sales - a bit like Daz really. I would check with Miss B to see if she recalls him selling it at a higher price and for how long.

edited December 1969

OK thanks,I'll wait a bit then,hopefully the sall will last a little longer. I could really use this since light is what I've been stuggling with most.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited July 2012

It is a great training programme. My first impresion was not to good as he was using Lightwave but re-watching the videos I see why he uses Lightwave to use its realtime rendering to show what the lights does. then goes back into DS to show how to set them up ect.

this thread made me go back to the Light Master Pro and re-view the videos as I bought them back last year when I recieved an offer for the training and glad I did.

I would recomend it.

Sal.

Post edited by Sal UK on
    edited December 1969

If you sign up to his mailing list here: http://www.basic3dtraining.com/ you'll get a free ebook on lighting. It will also keep you updated with his sales. You're best to sign up for the course via his website because you get immediate access. People seem to have more access problems when they go via Daz.

edited December 1969

Thank you everyone for the replies ,I think I'll be picking this up next pay day if the sale is still one. Hopefully it'll help with my lighting and I can start making my renders look good.

• SikSavantSikSavant Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

For better or for worse, I just purchased this item, but I cannot create an account on their website, since the registration page won't let me choose a Membership Type. It fails in Safari, and Firefox. I have sent a tech support issue to them, but it's already been over 24 hours and not a word. I love tech support black holes. Has anybody else fallen victim to this issue? Thanx in advance!

edited December 1969

Yeah I get the impression that customer service isn't his strong point. I think people have waited a few days for him to answer tickets (which is still quicker than email). Send a PM to Miss B (she's the main mod over there), see if she can poke him into checking his support tickets. Not that this will help you but for anyone else the best thing to do with his courses is to buy them from his site, your account is automatically created for you. You get immediate access.

edited December 1969

Not sure how to get a PM to anybody at their site since I have no account and can't find their forums. Perhaps DAZ should reconsider carrying their products based on poor customer support. This reflects quite poorly on DAZ as well, since I was considering asking for a refund due to a "broken" product.

Thank you for you help, however! Cheers!

edited December 1969

Sorry I wasn't clear she's a member here as well, so you can pm her here.
    Miss B: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/member/197358/
    Another user posted that Daz wouldn't give them a refund when they ran into problems getting access, apparently it's not covered by the normal moneyback guarantee.

edited December 1969

Ok, thank you, friend! I have sent her a polite PM.