ungrouping

menschtxmenschtx Posts: 8
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Normally after grouping objects one gets the 'U' on the list, but not this time. I'm only getting the A, Family, Link, Track, and Material. I've searched the manual and online.

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

menschtx said:
    Normally after grouping objects one gets the 'U' on the list, but not this time. I'm only getting the A, Family, Link, Track, and Material. I've searched the manual and online.

This is true, if you post a screen grab of the default wireframe view with your "group" selected maybe we can figure out what is going on?

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Try Cutting to the clipboard the whole thing and then Paste it back. This fixes the "lost" grouping on my Mac.

• menschtxmenschtx Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Try Cutting to the clipboard the whole thing and then Paste it back. This fixes the "lost" grouping on my Mac.

Tried this but didn't work, thanks for the suggestion.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

menschtx said:

Sounds like you accidentally pressed the letter C that was just below the letter U after you grouped the objects. Each of the objects in the group must have had a specified polarity setting. When these conditions are met it is possible to Convert the group of many objects into a single object. This is often ideal for exporting.

This action can be undone, but only within the same session in which it is enacted. If the scene is closed and reopened the action cannot be undone. The only way to undo this is with the undo button. The Undo feature remembers the15 most recent user actions,including boolean conversions.

Hope this helps.

• menschtxmenschtx Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Thank you Rashad for the insight and helpful information, I have closed and re-opened group a number of times and have since moved on with the work.
    Once again thank you.