GFA animate file import

bsonicsoulbsonicsoul Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZc7Cwpa8zo&feature=share&list=UUR4yIXH-MbvMnFhNSafZsug

I can't import gfa aNimate files into carrara 8.5....
Where's the upgrade?

Comments

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

As far as I know, you need the Animate Importer for Carrara:

http://www.daz3d.com/animate-aniblock-importer-for-carrara

• bsonicsoulbsonicsoul Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The animate importer works with Carrara 8 not the *.5 version.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The product page says it supports Genesis under 8.5...

You don't say how you have arrived at this conclusion that it "doesn't work".

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209
    edited December 1969

It does work. I tested it many times. I love my aniBlocks!
  • Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited January 2014

I seem to recall a few aniblocks that I tried to use and received an error---I assumed at the time if was related to the figure I was using because I'm sure I've used aniblocks in 8.5. I believe I used File>Import, changed the file type to GFA and picked the aniblock I wanted to use.

I'll try again tonight just for my own sanity.

Edit: Ok--I tried using 8.5 and several aniblocks....they all worked fine.

Post edited by Salem2007 on
  • fis7157fis7157 Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Carrara question i'm having a problem importing the gfa file for everyday emotion im going to the upper left corner selecting file hitting import i select the file i want it seems to import but when i go to my browser in animate it still doesnt show up for usei cant find it in any of my browser folders / i have the animate importer for carrara 8.5 plz help i need my everyday emotion..

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI :)

When you import a File,. that information doesn't get added to your Content Browser as a new product.
    It gets; imported onto the figure, or directly into the scene.

Try this:

Add a figure to your scene., Select the figure, go to Import, select Aniblocks as the file type to import, Select the file you want to import, click OK.

That should place the Animation data (as Key-frames) into the Time-line for that selected figure.

You can now go to the NLA tab on the right hand side, and choose "Create Master clip"

This will create a Carrara NLA clip and place it into your Scene /Clips tab at the Bottom Right of your screen.

From there, you can drag 'n' drop into the NLA track in the time-line for your figure
    You can also Drag 'n' drop into your "My Clips" section of the Content browser.

Repeat that process to create a bunch of NLA clips, made using your Aniblocks.

Hope it helps

• fis7157fis7157 Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Thank you Power Member that worked perfectly i was doing everything you said except selecting the aniblock before importing