Some Anime

PVGamesPVGames Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

After a lot of tweaking and adjustments, I finally found some shader and light settings that will create pretty decent anime. These took awhile to make, and they are not as good as some folk's around here, but I was pretty pleased with my efforts. Thanks for checking them out!

Comments

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Lovely work indeed, great renders :)

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

very nice, did you create custom shader bricks for this?

edited December 1969

What Gedd said, and will they be available? :-)

• PVGamesPVGames Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Actually the toon shader was the most useful thing. Though I found the outline and inner line settings to be too high, and the glossiness too high as well overall. I also played around with some of the Visual Style shaders, so there is some other stuff mixed in, and the lighting I think plays the biggest role with how the shading and the whole look comes out for the picture. If the light is too intense, it really screws up the render, and if its too soft it destroys the cartoony vibe. The rest is photoshop post-work. So if you have the pwToon shader, you should be able to get close to these results with fiddling with the adjustments. The Visual Styles shaders can help too.

edited December 1969

ah, I thought it was a homebrew, sadly I don't have pwToon or visual style shaders, but have added them to my wishlist. cheers anyway :)

• PVGamesPVGames Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

I would recommend the pwToon shader first and foremost. The visual styles shader is neat and all, but I find that the pwToon stuff is far more useful for making anime.

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

It depends on what kind of anime style you are trying to achieve. Visual Style was created to specifically recreate the style of Japanese Visual Novels first and formost, with many presets with soft colours and coloured outlines. Visual Style can be further edited to achieve something closer to an OVA anime style (which you seem to be going for in these renders). A user example of how this looks can be seen here:

http://iroha.b.dlsite.net/archives/1565398.html

And here is my own attempt at recreating an OVA style image someone showed me (which I don't have on me unfortunately, so I can't show a comparison):

http://imgur.com/2vyor

However, Visual Style does lack the ability to create even width outlines, a feature that is exclusive to PWToon.

edited December 1969

Thanks both for the replies :)