When does that sale end? Or that one? Or that...

VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Not sure where else to post this...it's where I've looked to see if I could get more info. Nothing as of yet...

I'm sure by now I can't be the only one noticing that there are no sale end dates in the store. I've also noticed that there are no end dates in the newsletters or anywhere else I can find. That's not good. People need to know these things so they can plan how much to save and spend and when.

The help desk login won't load and its search doesn't seem to bring any results or even a page refresh, so I don't know if that's working at all. As a result, I don't know if DAZ folks are already working on adding sale end dates to items. If not, they should be.

Either way, until such time as this problem is rectified, can we get a reliable place to see when sales will end? A temporary note in the item description would work fine: "Intro sale on this item ends: _____" Including this info in the newsletters would work, though not everybody gets these at the same time so that might not be the preferred spot. Even a new thread in this forum or a regularly updated reply to this post would work well.

DAZ miracle workers...do that belated magic thing you do, please. ;)

- - - - -

Semi-related: Any chance of getting file size and expiration date returned to the downloads page?

Comments

• jimmulvaneyjimmulvaney Posts: 341
    edited December 1969

My vote is with Voltis.

• lindelllindell Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Yep, I'm missing having that peice of information too!

• jimmulvaneyjimmulvaney Posts: 341
    edited December 1969

Oh and uh... try and make it snappy Daz... I am undecided if I want the Super Suit or a nifty X&M Bundle over at Rendo... tick tock tick tock :-/

• Lori_TLori_T Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This has been a strange ride in this past few days with all the changes. I have tried to take it patiently but so many things just have not been working. Prices seem to constantly change too.
    I tried to use a voucher which was still current for the Kenzi outfit for K4 but it did not work. I looked everywhere for a way to get that checked but to no avail....... I had to pay the full price with no discount
    How can we plan our budget if we do not know how long things stay on special price?
    How do we know the size of a download for a product?
    Where are our serial numbers?
    I feel sure that the website will be awesome in the end...... BUT how many sales will you miss when people lose confidence and move away?
    I tried to look in my wishlist but that was a giant waste of time so I guess I will have to delete it.
    Please Daz fix things as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

It would be great to have the end of sale day on each product page like the old store, though I do remember the "Pardon our Dust" newsletter did list the dates that the $1 items were going to expire.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Definitely a frustration of mine, too. It's affected me adversely.
    If it's not there when I'm able, it just stimulates a "no sale" with
    no continuing effort. Hopefully, it's merely something that is late
    being implemented into the system.

I did see the expiration dates in the newsletter, too, though.
    At least somebody knows. ;D :winky:

Still, if it's not eventually added, I don't know what book such new
    marketing practices came from, but someone might consider it could
    just be jibberish to have sold the book. LoL :lol:

Post edited by Cyn Art on
  • edited December 1969

there is so much more missing to the store than the dates...

1- the pre-requisites on the product pages.
    2- the filters for the wishlist "products on sale"
    3- bundling the bundles for download...
    4- filtering the downloads for Mac or PC only.
    5- bundling the bundles for install (I just bought the super suit and now I have 79 NASTY installers to run... what are they thinking? couldn't they at least cut it in half by packing the metadata WITH the base product?)

Basically, the new store is like the new forum: lacking many of the basic functions the old one had. You would Think they'd learn and actually finish something before putting it up for everyone to hate it. Is there a phone number or someone I can hit on the head to get the message through?

I'm sure the change was thought to make things better, probably for performance during peak hours but it's totally BORKED for me.

• VoltisArtVoltisArt Posts: 212
    edited May 2012

Unfortunately, this has been a long-term problem. DAZ gets the foundation of an AWESOME sale, product, website idea, etc, then works on it and releases it to the world. The record seems to show a strong lack of testing, editing and re-testing before the awesome thing goes public. I say this as an outside observer, but it seems to be what would lead to this kind of problem. I think not enough people are thrown at critiquing each project, so problems don't get found. This is a problem with limited staff and budget, but I'm pretty sure they've also got lots of users who'd be happy to be included in beta testing BEFORE the new thing becomes the only thing available.

Usually they make things right...usually not soon enough for a lot of people and as the Bryce folks learned, sometimes you have to wait three versions...and at that point maybe you get what you want, maybe you forget you wanted it and maybe you're still wanting.

Rock, paper, scissors, anyone?

...I really hope the Supersuit doesn't become a long-term resident of my wishlist.

Post edited by VoltisArt on
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

VoltisArt said:
    Unfortunately, this has been a long-term problem. DAZ gets the foundation of an AWESOME sale, product, website idea, etc, then works on it and releases it to the world. The record seems to show a strong lack of testing, editing and re-testing before the awesome thing goes public. I say this as an outside observer, but it seems to be what would lead to this kind of problem. I think not enough people are thrown at critiquing each project, so problems don't get found. This is a problem with limited staff and budget, but I'm pretty sure they've also got lots of users who'd be happy to be included in beta testing BEFORE the new thing becomes the only thing available.

Usually they make things right...usually not soon enough for a lot of people and as the Bryce folks learned, sometimes you have to wait three versions...and at that point maybe you get what you want, maybe you forget you wanted it and maybe you're still wanting.

Rock, paper, scissors, anyone?

...I really hope the Supersuit doesn't become a long-term resident of my wishlist.

So what have the web techies been doing since February (the original release date)? Playing Solitaire on their computers?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

So what have the web techies been doing since February (the original release date)? Playing Solitaire on their computers?

My guess would be working full-time keeping the old store running, plus working full-time getting the new store ready. Then passing out for 3 days at the end of the month before starting again.

edited December 1969

chbautist said:
    there is so much more missing to the store than the dates... [snip]

You forgot the field to put the page number in, instead of having to go a couple of pages at a time to reach . . . (some
    number you wish you never heard of). lol

edited December 1969

My guess would be working full-time keeping the old store running, plus working full-time getting the new store ready. Then passing out for 3 days at the end of the month before starting again.

Actually, I think most of us really feel for them, although it may not come across that way.

There were probably some decisions outside their range that held things up, also, although no one can probably say
    that. ( > . 0 )

Now, you know I'm just going on a possible scenario in my head (that usually plays into such things). 8-/

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Lori_T said:

This has been a strange ride in this past few days with all the changes. I have tried to take it patiently but so many things just have not been working. Prices seem to constantly change too.
    I tried to use a voucher which was still current for the Kenzi outfit for K4 but it did not work. I looked everywhere for a way to get that checked but to no avail....... I had to pay the full price with no discount
    How can we plan our budget if we do not know how long things stay on special price?
    How do we know the size of a download for a product?
    Where are our serial numbers?
    I feel sure that the website will be awesome in the end...... BUT how many sales will you miss when people lose confidence and move away?
    I tried to look in my wishlist but that was a giant waste of time so I guess I will have to delete it.
    Please Daz fix things as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!

In the old world, the response would have been "Contact DAZ support." I don't know if staff is off this weekend or working, but you could still send an email to CS and ask for a refund in the amount of the voucher. It should have been converted to Store Credit.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Maybe it is a stupid question - but how can we be sure that an item is on sale at all? In the new store both platinum club prices and "on sale" prices are listed as "special price". So how can one tell the difference?

edited May 2012

Proxima, the PC discount is automatically removed if you're a logged-in subscriber. You can test it by visiting the same pages before and after logging out. It's also only taken off of DAZ Originals, marked with DAZ 3D as the Published artist(s) and not $1.99 (PC item, usually have a silver P in the promo images) when you're logged in.

Wish I could show an example, but I had to let my PC subscription go for a couple months.

Post edited by VoltisArt on
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

I'm not sure whether that was direct or sarcasm...but either way, that was not my inferrence. I only know what I see and I've seen problems like this before from DAZ and I've seen problems of a similar nature from a company I work for. I recently read of issues NewTek had a couple months ago with download issues that remind me of this, as well. DAZ is not alone, though I don't feel that excuses the problem, either.

Experience tells me it's not usually the worker bees, who are usually working very hard within the constraints given to them. The managers above them are the ones with editorial control and the ability to stop a project from going out to the customer until it's done right. As I said in the post you quoted, (after the line you bolded) I'm only an outside observer, so I can't say for sure and I certainly can't say I'd do better than any individual in Draper. I can only say that I see a problem and hope that some outside critiquing might improve future happenings.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Hi VoltisArt.

I do not think I have ever seen a silver P in any PC item promo images since I joined this January. Does not matter because everything is different now. Before the site „upgrade“ a few days ago I could always only see PC price after I logged in. Now every item looks the same to me – first is „regular price“ (written in grey letters and crossed), under it is „special price“ written in red. This is how it looks with PC items, but also the same look have published artist items that are on sale.

On PC items the price used to be marked as „platinum price“, so everyone knew at first glance that this was a PC item. On PA items it used to be clearly stated that they are „on sale“ and how long it will last. Now both PC and PA items look indistinguishable - both only have „special price“, so you have to guess whether this „special price“ is permanent or just a sale price that will change to full price in a few days (or even hours).

VoltisArt said:
    Proxima, the PC discount is automatically removed if you're a logged-in subscriber. You can test it by visiting the same pages before and after logging out. It's also only taken off of DAZ Originals, marked with DAZ 3D as the Published artist(s) and not $1.99 (PC item, usually have a silver P in the promo images) when you're logged in.

Wish I could show an example, but I had to let my PC subscription go for a couple months.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

VoltisArt said:
    BWSman said:

I'm not sure whether that was direct or sarcasm...but either way, that was not my inferrence. I only know what I see and I've seen problems like this before from DAZ and I've seen problems of a similar nature from a company I work for. I recently read of issues NewTek had a couple months ago with download issues that remind me of this, as well. DAZ is not alone, though I don't feel that excuses the problem, either.

Experience tells me it's not usually the worker bees, who are usually working very hard within the constraints given to them. The managers above them are the ones with editorial control and the ability to stop a project from going out to the customer until it's done right. As I said in the post you quoted, (after the line you bolded) I'm only an outside observer, so I can't say for sure and I certainly can't say I'd do better than any individual in Draper. I can only say that I see a problem and hope that some outside critiquing might improve future happenings.

My response was somewhat sarcastic since DAZ3D delayed the launch of the new website for further testing. I would have assumed that those glitches would have been found in the 3 months they were "testing" the new website. 8-/

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    VoltisArt said:
    BWSman said:

My response was somewhat sarcastic since DAZ3D delayed the launch of the new website for further testing. I would have assumed that those glitches would have been found in the 3 months they were "testing" the new website. 8-/

Well there is an official answer to this, but I am not certain I am allowed to post it here, as we don't have any content advisory flags yet. ;-)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    BWSman said:
    VoltisArt said:
    BWSman said:

Well there is an official answer to this, but I am not certain I am allowed to post it here, as we don't have any content advisory flags yet. ;-)

Very nice.

Dana

• Lori_TLori_T Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have been laughing as I meander through some of the new items: I am sure that someone is playing jokes....
    Have you noticed what random items appear in some of the items as "required products"
    Now why you need to have M4 morphs for the Mardigras supersuit??
    The extreme Heroes ultimate Poses is requiring "Secluded Rendezvous", not just once but twice!!
    The worn-torn for the supersuit requires "Fortuneteller 1930 for V4"
    The Stegolian requires Carrara 8 pro???? As does MFD for Gen Wonderland exp and Soothsayer for fortuneteller 1930!!
    The Supersuit Troopers is asking for Michael 3.0 Head & Body Morphs ..
    Can anyone explain this in some way?
    Is it a joke or a mistake?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2012

Well I did suggest in one thread that someone should start a new render challenge, along the lines of the ones they did in the Plat Club forum.

THey called their's "Random Runtime Roulette"

We could call this one "Random Requirements Roulette" Take a screnshot of the requirements that displayed for you, and then render an image using them and the product "requiring" them

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Commons - Latest news is really for DAZ posts.