I can't load figures installed manually in poser 2012

taiuritaiuri Posts: 553
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I can't load the figures for genesis (clothings, hair, etc.) into poser pro 2012, I have the DSON Imported, and I have installed the correct place of every thing in both (DS 4.6 and Poser 2012), I have the icon of the figure, but when I load it in the scene, it doesn't appear, could you tell me what I'm making wrong please? Thanks!

Comments

• JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 2,249
    edited January 2014

Have you also associated the DS files in poser? If a product is DSON compatible you need to associate both the poser companion files and the DAZ Studio files (my library and the runtime) for the product to work

Edited: if that is Genesis 2 clothing you need to have genesis 2 loaded in the scene and selected (the clothing otherwise will come in so large you cannot see it in poser.

Post edited by JGreenlees on
  • taiuritaiuri Posts: 553
    edited December 1969

And how do I associate them? Curiosly I installed the genesis julia and justin manually and they are loaded when I select them, the problem is in the clothes and hairs. I didn't have problems with the poses either. I tried exporting them from DS 4.6, and they did correctly, but when I conform the clothes, they get deformed.

I hope you can help me, please :(

Have you also associated the DS files in poser? If a product is DSON compatible you need to associate both the poser companion files and the DAZ Studio files (my library and the runtime) for the product to work

Edited: if that is Genesis 2 clothing you need to have genesis 2 loaded in the scene and selected (the clothing otherwise will come in so large you cannot see it in poser.

edited December 1969

On the library panel is a folder with a + sign on it. Click on that and browse to your library where you have your DS content installed. Do the same process and associate your poser content if it isn't in the default runtime.

Without knowing your setup i cannot offer much help. Like where do you install your content both poser and DS? Since you can load Justin and Julie can you load Genesis 2? Do you have genesis 2 installed? Genesis clothing may not fit well on Genesis, so if you don't have genesis 2 installed you might go to your product library here and download the genesis 2 starter essentials. and install that

feel free to ask any questions you may have and i will do my best to answer.

edited December 1969

I associate, but I didn't work either :( The problem is where the products are located isn't a runtime. I have them located in the path:
    C:/Users/Access Public/Public Documents/My DAZ Library/People/Genesis/Clothing/Teen Swag

And poser doesn't recognize it as a runtime.

Another question, in poser, how do I remove the folder library I added with the +?

I installed genesis 2 figures without problems, the problem is with the clothes and hairs only.

I hope you can help me, thank you! :)

On the library panel is a folder with a + sign on it. Click on that and browse to your library where you have your DS content installed. Do the same process and associate your poser content if it isn't in the default runtime.

Without knowing your setup i cannot offer much help. Like where do you install your content both poser and DS? Since you can load Justin and Julie can you load Genesis 2? Do you have genesis 2 installed? Genesis clothing may not fit well on Genesis, so if you don't have genesis 2 installed you might go to your product library here and download the genesis 2 starter essentials. and install that

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    I associate, but I didn't work either :( The problem is where the products are located isn't a runtime. I have them located in the path:
    C:/Users/Access Public/Public Documents/My DAZ Library/People/Genesis/Clothing/Teen Swag

Another question, in poser, how do I remove the folder library I added with the +?

I installed genesis 2 figures without problems, the problem is with the clothes and hairs only.

You don't point to the folder with the files. Point to "C:/Users/Access Public/Public Documents/My DAZ Library/". There should be a runtime inside that folder.

edited December 1969

I did in that point, but neither it worked, because the items I installed manually are located in People, not in runtime. They are located in People because the .zip files indicated me I should install them in that path. I tried to copy them in the runtime, but Poser doesn't read them.

I hope you can help me please :(

taiuri said:

You don't point to the folder with the files. Point to "C:/Users/Access Public/Public Documents/My DAZ Library/". There should be a runtime inside that folder.

edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    I did in that point, but neither it worked, because the items I installed manually are located in People, not in runtime. They are located in People because the .zip files indicated me I should install them in that path. I tried to copy them in the runtime, but Poser doesn't read them.

did you download and install the ... ok first what product are you trying to use so i can pull it down and take a look?

edited January 2014

Ok, I'll explain a case of the ones I have problems, the product is Teen Swag for Genesis Justin (I installed him without problems):

1.- I have the zip files: TeenSwag and TeenSwagPoserCF
    2.- The first one has these files:
    A folder named Content and a file named Manifest.dsx (this one I don't care)
    Inside the Content folder there are the folders:
    a).- data/Bobbie25/TeenSwag/:
    B25TSFlipFlops (and there are more files inside it)
    B25TSOverShirt
    B25TSTeenPants
    B25TSUnderShirt
    B25TSVestJacket

b).- People/Genesis/Clothig/Teen Swag/Materials and the files: TSFlipFlops.duf and .png; TSOverShirt and so on
    c).- Runtime:
    Support/DAZ_3D_15467_Teen_Swag.dsa, .dsx and .jpg
    Textures/Sarsa/TeenSwag/ (and the jpg files)

3.- The zip file TeenSwagPoserCF has:
    A folder named Content and a file named Manifest.dsx (this one I don't care)
    Inside the Content folder there are the folders:
    a).- Runtime/Libraries/
    Character/DAZ Clothing/Genesis/Teen Swag/ (and the files cr2, duf, png and py for every item)
    Materials/DAZ Clothing/Teen Swag/ (and the files mc6 and png for every item)

I installed in every path the folder indicated me, I mean:
    C:/Users/Public Access/Public Documents/My DAZ 3D Library and Poser Pro 2012 Content/Downloads

The icon appears in Poser, but it doesn't load it in the scene like in the picture I attached at the begining.
    I hope you can help me, please tell me if you need to know something else.
    Thanks!

taiuri said:

did you download and install the ... ok first what product are you trying to use so i can pull it down and take a look?

Post edited by taiuri on
    edited December 1969

Ok let me get this straight did you install to Poser Pro 2012 Content/Downloads or Poser Pro 2012\Runtime?

if it is to downloads that's probably the problem, you need to install them to the runtime.. let me know if that's the case.

edited December 1969

It's in downloads, but downloads also has a runtime and I've installed the previous figures in that runtime and I didn't have problems.

Ok let me get this straight did you install to Poser Pro 2012 Content/Downloads or Poser Pro 2012\Runtime?

if it is to downloads that's probably the problem, you need to install them to the runtime.. let me know if that's the case.

edited December 1969

Do me a favor and put them in runtime under poser 2012. out of the download folder. I am going to go grab these and check the files.

if you want to contact me and do this faster i can give you my skype name if that would help

jen

edited December 1969

i can verify that they are working, (See attached image) So now just to find out why its not working on your machine.

These are for genesis by the way so in theory you should be able to load them without genesis in the scene (genesis 2 items usually come in super huge if genesis 2 is not in the scene so i was able to rule that problem out.)

teenswag.jpg
    826 x 682 - 60K
    edited December 1969

It worked!! Thank you so much!! :):):) Just a little problem. I installed the daz figures, but I prefer to export them from DAz because the ones are installed in poser seem to have a black line around them and if I export them from DAZ, the textures are much better.

I mean, the items can be loaded from runtime, but can't be conform to the exported figures, only with the figures installed directly in poser, but well...I guess is much better than they can't be loaded.

Thank you so much for you big help! ;)

Do me a favor and put them in runtime under poser 2012. out of the download folder. I am going to go grab these and check the files.

if you want to contact me and do this faster i can give you my skype name if that would help

jen

edited December 1969

most of the figures and clothing have materials in poser format. When you load it into Poser try using the material settings included and see if that helps any.

Glad that we got this working though :) You might want to start installing the poser companion files to your runtime and not the downloads folder, so that this doesn't happen to you :)

Jen

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    It worked!! Thank you so much!! :):):) Just a little problem. I installed the daz figures, but I prefer to export them from DAz because the ones are installed in poser seem to have a black line around them and if I export them from DAZ, the textures are much better.

I mean, the items can be loaded from runtime, but can't be conform to the exported figures, only with the figures installed directly in poser, but well...I guess is much better than they can't be loaded.

jen

Are you exporting a CR2 from DAZ to import into Poser? If so, the CR2 is incompatible with DSON as the CR2 solution predates DSON. (It probably should be depreciated as Genesis no longer uses the export function to work in Poser). If you use the CR2, you have to export the clothing and accessories the same way and adjust the figure rigging as it's missing scaling or joint centers are off (I forgot which).

Does the black line around the figure appear when rendering? (I think it's the boundary between the base and subdivided figure).

edited December 1969

No, the black line appears only in the preview, but for my it's a problem, because I make videos in the preview, if I render, every video delay too much, that's why I use the preview. And well... I think I'll have to use the installed in poser directly, it'd be too hard to conform in DAz and export both items to work in poser. Anyway thank you for your advise :)

taiuri said:

jen

Are you exporting a CR2 from DAZ to import into Poser? If so, the CR2 is incompatible with DSON as the CR2 solution predates DSON. (It probably should be depreciated as Genesis no longer uses the export function to work in Poser). If you use the CR2, you have to export the clothing and accessories the same way and adjust the figure rigging as it's missing scaling or joint centers are off (I forgot which).

Does the black line around the figure appear when rendering? (I think it's the boundary between the base and subdivided figure).

edited December 1969

Ok! I'll install them in the runtime directly, then: I can load the textures from genesis in the materials? I'll try it. I thought it was only for clothings, but I'll try to the figures, because I don't like that black line around the genesis figures.

Thank you! :)

most of the figures and clothing have materials in poser format. When you load it into Poser try using the material settings included and see if that helps any.

Glad that we got this working though :) You might want to start installing the poser companion files to your runtime and not the downloads folder, so that this doesn't happen to you :)

Jen

edited December 1969

Yes, the textures improve so much with the _SSS files, althougth the black line stays yet. It'd be so great if you know how to take it off :)

textures.png
    1366 x 768 - 841K
    edited December 1969

Are those lines still there when you render? I know you use preview for your animations but when rendered the black lines should be gone..

edited December 1969

Yes, they gone, but the problem is I use preview for my animations. There is a way to take it off, in the menu Display, there's an option called Element Style, if you select a part of the body, for example the head, there an option selected called Outline, if you select the one called Use Figure Style, it take it off the black line, but the texture quality is awful, plus you have to do this for every body part, for some reason, it doesn't work for the complete figure.

If you know a better way to take it off without the quality becomes less, I'd thank you so much. Like I said, I was using exported figures from Daz, but in the case of the clothes and hair, can't fit in the figure.

I hope you know a better solution :)

Are those lines still there when you render? I know you use preview for your animations but when rendered the black lines should be gone..
    edited December 1969

Same process but maybe try texture shaded instead of the outline.

edited January 2014

I tried all the options but I have the same result, I don't know why DAZ and Poser made this, with the MIchael and Victoria 4, we didn't have problems, I hope they can solve it, or at least tell us a way to solve the problem. Meanwhile I'll have to use this process, the textures quality will be awful, but I think it's better than that black line around it.

Same process but maybe try texture shaded instead of the outline.
    Post edited by taiuri on
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Nobody "made" the black lines. It's a function of the subdivision on the characters. Remember, the preview window is designed for preview quality only. You're the one using the previews in a way they weren't designed for.

And nothing should ever be installed in the Downloads folder. That folder is for when you buy stuff direct from Content Paradise from inside Poser. The software can download those files and install them automatically. The Download folder is not for you to use yourself.

edited January 2014

Yeah, I know, but if Michael and Victoria 4 didn't have black lines, why Genesis did, it's my question, It supossed Genesis is more advanced than M4 V4, then why they look worse, anyway I'll have to adapt me to the new figures and yes, thank you for the Downloads advise, Jen told me too. I'll use the Poser runtime the next time.

Thank you! :)

Nobody "made" the black lines. It's a function of the subdivision on the characters. Remember, the preview window is designed for preview quality only. You're the one using the previews in a way they weren't designed for.

And nothing should ever be installed in the Downloads folder. That folder is for when you buy stuff direct from Content Paradise from inside Poser. The software can download those files and install them automatically. The Download folder is not for you to use yourself.

Post edited by taiuri on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

taiuri said:
    Yeah, I know, but if Michael and Victoria 4 didn't have black lines, why Genesis did, it's my question

Nobody "made" the black lines. It's a function of the subdivision on the characters.