Daz 4.5 and Dynamics?

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does Daz 4.5 have dynamics? I can't find a tab for dynamics under windows.

It has my working serial code for dynamics clothing control and says that it's been loaded properly but its' not there that I can see.

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Studio dynamics only works with studio dynamic cloths, it's not poser.

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload01.php

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=dynamic&x=0&y=0

You also have to go to the set up to have the menu for the dynamic clothes. that would be at the top left window/tabs.

Post edited by ManStan on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

ManStan, I'm aware that it only works with optitex dynamic clothing, which I have installed, along with dynamic clothing control plugin. I went to the windows/tabs, and there IS NOT a dynamic clothing tab option. I looked. As I said in my first pot, I can't find it. :(

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Check your Help > About Installed Plugins to make sure that it loaded correctly.

edited December 1969

Adamr001, it has the dynamics clothing control installed. I don' see anything else. It was my understanding that DS4 comes with dynamics installed and i just needed to ad the control, correct?

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited July 2012

An admin may correct me if I'm wrong - but I thought that D/S 4.5 was in Beta and plugins DID NOT yet work in it? That may be why you can't find it in there even though it says it's installed.

This is the reason I rolled back to 4.0 - there are some plugins I need ... again, I may be wrong, but I thought that was the case with 4.5?

Post edited by MKeyes on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm running studio 4.5, my dynamics menu is right where it should be, it's also listed in the tabs menu. So not at all sure why you don't have it.

Sorry, unless stated other wise I assume questions like this are from poser users that aren't familiar with studio dynamics.

Of coarse my version of studio is still loading to my windows tool bar, and not actually opening. I have to open it from the windows tool bar.

But I'm not doing anything with studio till they finally; if ever, get DUF working.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited July 2012

Adamr001, it has the dynamics clothing control installed. I don' see anything else. It was my understanding that DS4 comes with dynamics installed and i just needed to ad the control, correct?

Is the plugin green? If so, then you may simply need to reset your layout. There's an (infrequent) bug that causes menu items to not show correctly on some layouts. Changing back to the default and then back to your custom layout should restore the menu.

Below is more or less what a good plugin (and a bad one) should look like.

201207160947_good_plugin.png
    662 x 468 - 21K
    201207160948_bad_plugin.png
    661 x 508 - 21K
    Post edited by adamr001 on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Be sure that you have the most recent version of the control plug in. If not it will nurf the dynamics all around.

edited December 1969

adamr001 said:

Is the plugin green? If so, then you may simply need to reset your layout. There's an (infrequent) bug that causes menu items to not show correctly on some layouts. Changing back to the default and then back to your custom layout should restore the menu.

Below is more or less what a good plugin (and a bad one) should look like.

It is green, yes. I tried that with the layout as you suggested, but no luck.

Tomorrow I will redownload the dynamic clothing plugin and try again.
    Bummer, I really need this to work- its holding up an art commission I'm working on.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Don't redownload -- the only Dynamic Control plugin that works with 4.5 is the one i n the zip file with 4.5.

edited December 1969

the only Dynamic Control plugin that works with 4.5 is the one i n the zip file with 4.5.

That is not the control plug in. That is the basic dynamics that everyone gets. Unless they made a change and have included the additional plug in with 4.5. Can't imagine they wouldn't have mentioned that though.

I think that the control plugin version should be 1.0.11.19 or higher.

edited December 1969

No, they included an installer for the control plugin in the 4.5 download, but you still need a valid serial number to activate it, 1.0.11.19 won't work with DS 4.5, the last number needs to be 49 or higher.

edited December 1969

So now the pay for plug ins are included in the installs? How many others did they include? And what possessed them to start bloating the files with pay for products?

edited December 1969

They included it because it's a DAZ-owned plugin which had been updated for the RC. Once 4.5 is officially released it'll go back to normal.

edited December 1969

I would guess then that the have fixed the error that having it installed without a proper SN use cause. If it wasn't activated properly it totally wrecked using dynamics at all.

edited December 1969

obviously it's not fixed as it's not showing up or working on my computer!!!! Totally stumped. What do I do to get dynamic clothing to work again????/

its a critical tool for me and I can't use it....

HELP how do i make this work?

edited December 1969

My last guess would be that the SN isn't in properly. I know I have had issues in the past when that was true. That said I have not a clue in the world how you check.