What do you hope to see in 2014?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That looks like it has potential but I've been burned before on older products in DAZ3d's library that don't work they way it advertises in newer versions. Do you have it on your system? Does it work for you? Would you mind showing me a render using it?

I was reading the promotional material and it says it was designed back in the DAZ 3/2 days which to me sends up a warning flag. The other thing is that whenever you start getting into layers, it tends to slow the renders down to a crawl and I'm not going to wait 5 hours just because the shader layer added a little dirt.

What is your experience? Are you using DAZ Studio 4.6?

Thanks in advance for your thought and input.

DAZ Studio 4.6.1.39, Grime shaders on Streetwear Jeans, from left to right Clean, Dirty, Grimy and Flithy. This just touches what can be done... Time to render? On my PC less than 1 minute.

Click for full size.

LOL... So you made a sale and I went and bought the package and of course it doesn't come with any details to tell me how to find the things in my catalog.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/10541/start

Any chance you can tell me where it downloaded to so I can actually find it and use it? Sorry but I've got so many things in my catalog that unless the documentation tells me where to find it.. I have to search for it... Its not in "Shaders" :(

A lot of artists who create tiling texture-based shaders as opposed to writing new shaders (like AoA's SSS and metalized glass) put them in Shader Presets. Marieah I think does this. It's not a quality judgment, but a difference in method and type.

I still can't find the products that I purchased. It's not in Shaders or Shader Preset folders.

This is a excellent demonstration as to why I don't like outdated versions... I mean, I've paid money for a product that downloaded and I can't find in my run time. It's not like I can get a refund... I just have a product that I can't find and can't use and nobody that knows where it went... Now I'm guessing that if I search through folder by folder in my "Poser Formats"/"My Library" I'll eventually find it under one of the catagories in that filing system since it is an older product... but where? Since DAZ doesn't tell me on the info, I have no way of knowing and this is just they type of thing that pisses my off and why I never trust older products you guys sell.

Who knows where I can find it? Where is it in your runtime?

When will DAZ fix this so other people don't keep having the same issue.

It's in DAZ Studio Formats > Shaders > Hybrid Grunge. If you use DIM, right-click on the item on the Installed tab and select "Show Installed Files". There's also a readme installed with the product in the ReadMe's folder.

• DesignemDesignem Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

I'd like to see in the scene tab: the character morph, skin texture, etc.. shown under the Generic character name( As of now it only shows Victoria, Olympia...).

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

emacek1 said:
    I'd like to see in the scene tab: the character morph, skin texture, etc.. shown under the Generic character name( As of now it only shows Victoria, Olympia...).

Totally seconding this.

It's great in somewhere like Second Life, because you can sometimes think, "Hmm, that's a pretty good outfit/whatever combination," then glance down on the right tab and see which skin, eyes, etcetera, you're using. Let's you commit them to memory a lot easier.

Perhaps something you can click on which gives you an at-a-glance read-out of the appearance properties for whatever you've selected, along with any alterations you've made to the base figure (if it's a character).

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That looks like it has potential but I've been burned before on older products in DAZ3d's library that don't work they way it advertises in newer versions. Do you have it on your system? Does it work for you? Would you mind showing me a render using it?

I was reading the promotional material and it says it was designed back in the DAZ 3/2 days which to me sends up a warning flag. The other thing is that whenever you start getting into layers, it tends to slow the renders down to a crawl and I'm not going to wait 5 hours just because the shader layer added a little dirt.

DAZ Studio 4.6.1.39, Grime shaders on Streetwear Jeans, from left to right Clean, Dirty, Grimy and Flithy. This just touches what can be done... Time to render? On my PC less than 1 minute.

Click for full size.

LOL... So you made a sale and I went and bought the package and of course it doesn't come with any details to tell me how to find the things in my catalog.

Any chance you can tell me where it downloaded to so I can actually find it and use it? Sorry but I've got so many things in my catalog that unless the documentation tells me where to find it.. I have to search for it... Its not in "Shaders" :(

A lot of artists who create tiling texture-based shaders as opposed to writing new shaders (like AoA's SSS and metalized glass) put them in Shader Presets. Marieah I think does this. It's not a quality judgment, but a difference in method and type.

I still can't find the products that I purchased. It's not in Shaders or Shader Preset folders.

This is a excellent demonstration as to why I don't like outdated versions... I mean, I've paid money for a product that downloaded and I can't find in my run time. It's not like I can get a refund... I just have a product that I can't find and can't use and nobody that knows where it went... Now I'm guessing that if I search through folder by folder in my "Poser Formats"/"My Library" I'll eventually find it under one of the catagories in that filing system since it is an older product... but where? Since DAZ doesn't tell me on the info, I have no way of knowing and this is just they type of thing that pisses my off and why I never trust older products you guys sell.

It's in DAZ Studio Formats > Shaders > Hybrid Grunge. If you use DIM, right-click on the item on the Installed tab and select "Show Installed Files". There's also a readme installed with the product in the ReadMe's folder.

Strange but it didn't highlight as a new download. Found it. Thank you.

I did a test render on this Selene V4 dress and it worked perfectly... so thank you everybody for your help and patience. I would still like to see older files get updated so that when we purchase these things they come with clear instructions on where to find them.

shredder2ac.jpg
    1192 x 851 - 530K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DIM if used has a direct link to the read me and will also LIST the files as installed on your PC. I often check items that way.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

a wm M4 for poser :) including his jangly bits, which gratefully came with the starter bundle :P

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

You can Triax rig M4 in DS4.x Pro. If you have Poser Pro 2012 or 2014, you can wm M4. Given that DAZ is now up to M6, I doubt they will even consider it.

M4's toast was part of the basic Morph++ package. You didn't have to even buy the Starter bundle. You could have purchased the base model (if you didn't get it free) and then purchased the Morphs++ pack.

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    DIM if used has a direct link to the read me and will also LIST the files as installed on your PC. I often check items that way.

I'm learning that now... there must be an easier way to make sure people get that all important information as to where to find the file they just downloaded... I don't see why they don't just have those very same read me files pop up in the DIM when you push the "I"nformation button when it only brings up blank online pages.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/10543/start

How hard would it have been to provide that little tidbit of info online also?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I'm learning that now... there must be an easier way to make sure people get that all important information as to where to find the file they just downloaded... I don't see why they don't just have those very same read me files pop up in the DIM when you push the "I"nformation button when it only brings up blank online pages.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/10543/start

How hard would it have been to provide that little tidbit of info online also?

I don't use DIM (or smart content) and when I open the ZIP it shows the location to where my files are going, pretty easy IMO. I just went and cleaned up my runtimes and deleted a ton of readmes, so online only works for me, that way I don't have to view it unless needed..

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

What I'd like to see is (and this is a runner-up in my book; I did have a cracking idea earlier when I was out and it has escaped my poor little brain!) a new Generation figure akin to Genesis inasmuch as being androgynous, supporting sufficient polygons in the relevant places to allow full and correct basic morphs for Basic Male and Basic Female shapes. Plus, and this is the biggie!, ONE SET of UV maps. Just the one. Not one per ruddy new character produced. Backward compatibility to G2M/F UV maps/textures would be nice.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

SKETCH SHADERS FOR DAZ STUDIO 4.6!

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Did you get this freebie?

http://www.daz3d.com/december-freebies/camera-magic-sketchcam-basic

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Click for full size.

For me they are in the Shaders folder under Hybrid Grunge, since I bought the bundle.

They are Studio only, so they won't be in a Poser-style runtime -- although there will be a folder in the textures folder for the shaders to draw on.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

A real person jumping out of my HD to explain things that I don't understand.......that looks like Johnny Depp tall boots and all...that's what I want to see in 2014...LOL Trish

Post edited by Trish on
  • hzrhzr Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

I would like to see plugins for the major 3D applications (preferably Cinema4D), so that you can pose the DAZ figures inside of them natively and with proper deformations. I know its quite the request but I have been looking for something like this since I started out with V4+M4 years ago.

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 2013

An new cloth/soft body engine alternative to Optitex, It really is high time we were able to make our own dynamic stuff.

Post edited by Dogz on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited December 1969

World peace! :-)

As for the 3D world,

- Hexagon 3.0, Carrara 9.0

- regularly updated 3Delight render engine!

- a less confusing sales practice in the DAZ shop.

- character morphs that allow for changing parameters for each half of the face seperately, instead of perfect conformity on both sides. That way, it would be really a lot easier to make realistic looking people, who, like you and me, have asymetric faces, instead of having the perfect beauties.

- more real aged skins for middle aged and elderly characters.

- more males of the G1&2 Family :-)

- some more "regular" clothing items, which also have a comfy "baggy" option.

- a wider range of vehicles

- For city setting, reversed street&street; props directions (for the left-directional and the right-directional traffic, so that rendering a scene for the UK and for the Netherlands is possible without moving everything around).

- international sidewalks. It would be a great addition to a street set if you could have your "average sidewalk" selected from different countries. For example, US sidewalks are easily recognized, if you compare them to German sidewalks or Swedish ones. Most countries have a certain normative system to it. :-)

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

I would love to see

the older animals be redone like the Horse 2 or the Big Cat.

More variety in props and plants

Wide variety in clothing from historical to casual. I don't mean one item from one historical period but the whole social class of the wardrobes from the era. For example the colonial period had slaves, indentured servants, poor folk and then the rich. I have seen many dresses that fit this period but would love to see items made for the lower social classes.

More resources for creating products (not just character skins). Things like fabric, stone, brick, wood, more base meshes, tutorials, developer kits,

Matching sets for both male and female when clothing is made so they can be dressed and look like they both come from the same time period. I realize there are few out there but would love to see more. For example if a girl is wearing a 1800's ball gown then I would love to see a gentleman's attire to go along with that.

That is what I can think of at the moment but I am sure I can come up with more.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...whirled peas. ;-)

Seriously, on the flip side of the ability to bridge from Daz to other software like C4D, 3DS, 3DS Max, etc, how about the ability to directly import models and interpret textures them into Daz Studio without manual conversion.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Dogz said:
    An new cloth/soft body engine alternative to Optitex, It really is high time we were able to make our own dynamic stuff.
    I'll chime in with my hopes for a Daz Studio equivalent to Poser's Cloth Room where you can 'clothify' existing outfits to use realistic physics. Honestly, I'd happily pay for a plugin which allowed me to do this, since it's really the only reason I keep Poser installed at the moment.
    edited December 2013

...same here.

in a very "unscientific" poll of this and the Studio 5 thread, full cloth dynamics is pretty much the most requested/suggested individual feature.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Did you get this freebie?

http://www.daz3d.com/december-freebies/camera-magic-sketchcam-basic

I have it, but I want something more like PWSketch.

• Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

A realistic leather jacket from a PA like Streetwear. A lip sync plug-in that works.

edited December 1969

A realistic leather jacket from a PA like Streetwear. A lip sync plug-in that works.
    This one is a Darn good jacket http://www.daz3d.com/leather-jacket-for-genesis
  • Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail, it IS good and I have it, but it isn't quite what I want for my character, especially when rendered in Reality...

edited December 1969

...hmm I must have missed that one. Thanks.

What I would like to see is a traditional WW II bomber jacket.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I'd like to see me getting back into Studio and enjoying some wonderful conversation (if that's what it's called) with some wonderful people.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    I'd like to see me getting back into Studio and enjoying some wonderful conversation (if that's what it's called) with some wonderful people.
    Howdy!! you been lurking way to long, post and replies shall follow.
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Ledhead said:
    Howdy!! you been lurking way to long, post and replies shall follow.

No lurking. First time I've been here since whenever it was I stopped posting. How ya been Jader?

edited December 1969

...good to see you again.