AFTER BURNER of love

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

No sound yet! This was a TEST but DAMN PRINT IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqDY2S9ViUA

Comments

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

YAY! First time I was first view for Youtube!

Nice afterburner effect. ;)

Alexa :D

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,666
    edited December 1969

nice!
    such a pity iClone is pc only, I often think of you when importing stuff to it for animation, it would be a great render program for your models and Carrara rigging imports and with 3dxchange5 you can retarget the skeletons to use their motions so your guys could move too!
    it does have animated textures too.

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Once again you have done it!

Two thumbs up!

• edited December 1969

nice!
    such a pity iClone is pc only, I often think of you when importing stuff to it for animation, it would be a great render program for your models and Carrara rigging imports and with 3dxchange5 you can retarget the skeletons to use their motions so your guys could move too!
    it does have animated textures too.

Who says my GUYS aren't animated. I am rendering that part as I write this!

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited July 2012

Quite nice. A small note though, all of the F4s I've seen using AB on takeoff have either a pinkish or blue-white plume. The yellow plume seems (to me) a bit MIGgish or F15ish.

EDIT: for a sound reference this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KL9PRwEQZ4) has a clear capture of the full burn start.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • edited December 1969

KEN thanks thats a good After burner... After I get the Japanese guy yapping out of the background! LOL! My only wish is that they had had a good mic.. But its good enough!

I scene is of the F4 coming up to the cat. Going to MILITARY power then after burner. then launch. I found some great sounds of a f-14 taxiing around and increasing an lowering power on sounddogs that is perfect for the taxing part!

I really want something MONSTROUS to the cat shot after burner and I think I will use your Jap F4

I am gunna try top even get in the guy that tells SHooter and salutes then touches the deck and tell the f4 its time to go but I cant get his movements to look organic enough yet!

But I will post it when its done!

I wanted to do an F4 for many years and this year I thought I had the skills to pull it off and I think I did! WOULD of done a few things differently but i have also learned to HIDE my mistake form the ever present camera. PLUS the F4 has so many cool unexpected shapes and outrageous organic moves!

BUT now what! Guess I could go get a Cook job somewhere? maybe wash dishes!

edited December 1969

Are you going to put your F4 up for sale somewhere? Alexa and I actually have a use for a squadron of F4's in an animation/battle.

Kendall

• edited December 1969

Are you going to put your F4 up for sale somewhere? Alexa and I actually have a use for a squadron of F4's in an animation/battle.

Kendall

Well 3DAGE suggested I put it up on Turbosquid but to be honest. I don't think I am in there league! This model was made in HEXAGON 2.5 with the intentions of being used on Carrara. I did some thing is HEX I consider less than professional and I have no idea why I even said that.

Anyway! The model is like 95% quads and 5 % tris. I HATE TRIS! HATE EM! AND when you SMOOTH the model you can really tell where the tris are.. The tris really stretch the skin.

Of course I am my own worse critic.

I think what I will do is give out free to a couple of Hexers and or Carrara folk or anyone that wants to use it in any other program and see what they think.

I would render out a image of the wire frame and sen it with this message but its busy rendering!

It is low polygon, but carrara does a beautiful job of smoothing it! It is all UV MAPED. Where I felt it needed Shader domains there are a few.

If i was to do it over again I would at least DOUBLE the ploy count as when you get real close to the COCKPIT you can see they course poly count.

All the UV Texture maps are of the F4-J SHOWTIME 100 Ship! I am planning on doing a Marine CAMO scheme. BUT the BUMP map for the rivets and seams are universal

It has a BELLY GUN POD that I included because I think it just looks SICK! The real SHOWTIME 100 didn't have any gun at all.

PLUS I am not if you saw the COCKPIT interior shot but heres a link to one...

https://market.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2344950

If you would like a copy of my F4 and "give me credit" I would be happy to send you one.

By the way it has a completely equipped Instrument panels, a complete Martin-Baker Mk7 Ejection seats and 2 Pilots. It alsoi has GROUND stuff like REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT FLAGS as they are called and a LADDER.

When I get more rendering done and get a good CAT LAUNCH SCENE I plan to do some higher res Render stills.

If you go to renderocity and look for

RANTINGRICH

You can see the images of the seat and other stuff in my gallery

edited December 1969

Kendall

Well 3DAGE suggested I put it up on Turbosquid but to be honest. I don't think I am in there league! This model was made in HEXAGON 2.5 with the intentions of being used on Carrara. I did some thing is HEX I consider less than professional and I have no idea why I even said that.

Anyway! The model is like 95% quads and 5 % tris. I HATE TRIS! HATE EM! AND when you SMOOTH the model you can really tell where the tris are.. The tris really stretch the skin.

Of course I am my own worse critic.

I think what I will do is give out free to a couple of Hexers and or Carrara folk or anyone that wants to use it in any other program and see what they think.

I would render out a image of the wire frame and sen it with this message but its busy rendering!

It is low polygon, but carrara does a beautiful job of smoothing it! It is all UV MAPED. Where I felt it needed Shader domains there are a few.

If i was to do it over again I would at least DOUBLE the ploy count as when you get real close to the COCKPIT you can see they course poly count.

All the UV Texture maps are of the F4-J SHOWTIME 100 Ship! I am planning on doing a Marine CAMO scheme. BUT the BUMP map for the rivets and seams are universal

It has a BELLY GUN POD that I included because I think it just looks SICK! The real SHOWTIME 100 didn't have any gun at all.

PLUS I am not if you saw the COCKPIT interior shot but heres a link to one...

https://market.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2344950

If you would like a copy of my F4 and "give me credit" I would be happy to send you one.

By the way it has a completely equipped Instrument panels, a complete Martin-Baker Mk7 Ejection seats and 2 Pilots. It alsoi has GROUND stuff like REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT FLAGS as they are called and a LADDER.

When I get more rendering done and get a good CAT LAUNCH SCENE I plan to do some higher res Render stills.

If you go to renderocity and look for

RANTINGRICH

You can see the images of the seat and other stuff in my gallery

I would love to use it and would absolutely give you credit. Would you mind too terribly much if I make an "exploded" morph? of it? :-)

Kendall

• edited December 1969

LOL@ you can explode it all day long!

What program are you gunna use it in? What format do you need?

It sure would be easy if you were using carrara as all the Texture maps and stuff would work correctly

I did use a DCG plugin called Anything Goos on some of the Landing gear structures but thats no biggie!

Also give me a e-mail address

edited December 1969

It sure would be easy if you were using carrara as all the Texture maps and stuff would work correctly

I did use a DCG plugin called Anything Goos on some of the Landing gear structures but thats no biggie!

I have just about everything. Of course, all of the free DAZ stuff, and Carrara 8pro (and 8.5). My email is in my profile. Do you want the morphs back? We intend to do: R Wing tear off, L Wing tear off, Tail Explode, and head on with a SAM. :-)

Kendall

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Richard - your model sure looks good enough to me for you to sell - really well done :-)

OK, so you know where the flaws are, so you would be able to fix - if the tri's bother you and you can't figure how to fix, pop over to the Hex forum with some close-ups - I'm sure there will be advice there for you.

Which brings me to a question long pondered - how does copyright apply in a situation where we make replica models and want to share - either as freebies or for sale? I have made a few and would like to share, but don't want the military-industrial complex coming after me for my pension.:-)

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Richard - your model sure looks good enough to me for you to sell - really well done :-)

OK, so you know where the flaws are, so you would be able to fix - if the tri's bother you and you can't figure how to fix, pop over to the Hex forum with some close-ups - I'm sure there will be advice there for you.

Which brings me to a question long pondered - how does copyright apply in a situation where we make replica models and want to share - either as freebies or for sale? I have made a few and would like to share, but don't want the military-industrial complex coming after me for my pension.:-)

There is ShareCG.com if you just want to share. Plenty of company over there and you might be able to pick up textures,shaders for Carrara and other things over there.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I know it and use it - have two models there that have had hundreds of downloads and even earned a couple of bucks.:-)

That's where the power of the internet really hit me - my stagecoach model was downloaded 92 times on the first day - so somewhere on the planet 92 people were looking for a stagecoach and happened on mine - without any marketing - mind-boggling.

The point is, the stagecoach is generic - no-one can claim copyright - but what if I put up my Aston-Martin model - it is clearly an Aston-Martin and would be labelled as such - would it be legal to do this without permission from the manufacturers?

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Yeah, I know it and use it - have two models there that have had hundreds of downloads and even earned a couple of bucks.:-)

That's where the power of the internet really hit me - my stagecoach model was downloaded 92 times on the first day - so somewhere on the planet 92 people were looking for a stagecoach and happened on mine - without any marketing - mind-boggling.

The point is, the stagecoach is generic - no-one can claim copyright - but what if I put up my Aston-Martin model - it is clearly an Aston-Martin and would be labelled as such - would it be legal to do this without permission from the manufacturers?

Use of trademarked logos is a known bad. Use of a likeness is murkier. A lot depends on jurisdiction and registration. This is where a consultation with a lawyer would be helpful.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Roygee said:

At least in the US, items designed with taxpayer money are in the Public Domain. Military tech likenesses should fall into this. I don't believe (but I am not a lawyer) that property of the US Gov't can be trademarked. Other nation's laws may be different.

Keep in mind that the US Military doesn't design much themselves anymore, so what is and isn't US Gov't Property can be quite a bit of research.

Kendall

• edited December 1969

I checked with the copy right office.. ANy creative work that you PRODUCE and or output it technically copy right protected automatically. BUT if you copy right it with their office it just gives you a one up on any litigation if you decide to sue some one for unauthorized use of said property!

• edited December 1969

I have just about everything. Of course, all of the free DAZ stuff, and Carrara 8pro (and 8.5). My email is in my profile. Do you want the morphs back? We intend to do: R Wing tear off, L Wing tear off, Tail Explode, and head on with a SAM. :-)

Kendall

OAKY first I want to send you a wire frame via the forum for you to look at and I have about an hour left on a render.. so I will send soon as thats dome.. ALSO you said you would like to explode the WING! That fine with me BUT the geometry of MY wing is preety basic and if I am correctthe exploder tears existing polies part! and your probably gunna have to make a secondary WING with lots of geometry and do a few east tricks in Carara to pull it off.. I DID that exact thing on this very old animation I did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcnlyD7QNU4

go to section 1:44 for the flak hits! The tail section was done with texture maps but the WING was an additional hidden wing with geometry

edited December 1969

Kendall

OAKY first I want to send you a wire frame via the forum for you to look at and I have about an hour left on a render.. so I will send soon as thats dome.. ALSO you said you would like to explode the WING! That fine with me BUT the geometry of MY wing is preety basic and if I am correctthe exploder tears existing polies part! and your probably gunna have to make a secondary WING with lots of geometry and do a few east tricks in Carara to pull it off.. I DID that exact thing on this very old animation I did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcnlyD7QNU4

go to section 1:44 for the flak hits! The tail section was done with texture maps but the WING was an additional hidden wing with geometry

Depending on the geometry I may take it into Maya for some "creative" work. I can't promise that I'll keep the current polycount :-). Any mods I make to the model I'll send back to you. Without seeing what you have I'm not real sure exactly which direction I'll go.

Initially my thoughts are to disassociate the wing from the fuselage and then translate the wing to an appropriate position/attitude for a wing shear. My thoughts are to provide for a morph for animating when the geometries are in close proximity, and then go to a separate wing object, if necessary, after that. As to shrapnel or debris, I have many options, but I'd prefer to look at the current geometry before I make plans.

For the tail separation, I hope to try to model a "hit" by a sidewinder class AAM, or maybe a lower hit from a SAM. Exactly which hasn't yet been determined as that part of the storyline keeps changing. It's possible that I may end up doing both. In either case, the polycount on the rear fuselage/tail section is going to increase :-).

Kendall

• edited December 1969

Heres a couple of wireframes from the vertex room! See how simple!

2.jpg
    720 x 305 - 98K
    1.jpg
    720 x 403 - 136K
    edited December 1969

Heres a couple of wireframes from the vertex room! See how simple!

Nice. It should be easy to do what I need with this.

Kendall

• edited December 1969

What format do you need? Do you want the texture maps? CARRARA can save ALL Internally so there is only one Carrara file with all the maps in it. I ma not sure about HOW the maps and their UVs will translate to oteher programs

edited December 1969

Hi Richard,
    Have you seen my PM?

Kendall

edited December 1969

I would only horrify you with the sort of riddiculous parody video I would make using your excellent model ;-P
    it deserves better!
    you have seen my videos!
    but
    I would love a go at retargeting the bones of your crew for animation in iClone, prob a dance video, if you shared them untextured and told me which Poser skins you used (I recalled you used some textures) that could work.

edited December 1969

I would only horrify you with the sort of riddiculous parody video I would make using your excellent model ;-P
    it deserves better!
    you have seen my videos!
    but
    I would love a go at retargeting the bones of your crew for animation in iClone, prob a dance video, if you shared them untextured and told me which Poser skins you used (I recalled you used some textures) that could work.

Ooh, ooh! Articulatin airplanes! Haven't seen those since the Amiga days and Eric Schwartz's "AeroToons"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhMig6onUqo

Kendall

edited December 1969

no, I meant his rigged crew!
    I would not make fun of his nicely built craft.