Transferring morphs from one v3 to another

JQPJQP Posts: 510
edited July 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have a couple of v3 characters I dialed in in Poser years ago and then created FBMs. I want to put those FBMs into the V3 CR2 I keep with all V3 morphs pre-loaded. I'm currently using Morph Manager but let's face it, MM is pretty crappy for this kind of thing. Going through a zillion body parts and clicking "copy" for each and every one makes me feel like I should be riding the short bus for putting up with this nonsense.

Anybody care to recommend a different option? Before DAZ nuked their own forums in the single greatest instance of a company shooting themselves in the foot that I have ever witnessed, I would have tried Google-Fu, but now Google just returns an endless wasteland of dead links and cache files with links that don't go anywhere.

Edit: great, MM rewarded my short-bus efforts by transferring the morph for each and every body part, but no FBM dial. Yay.

Post edited by JQP on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

MM has a bug - it won't show FBMs unless you first load a pz2 into that slot, then the cr2. However, in DS you can export an OBJ for the morphed but otherwise zeroed figure, then use Morph Loader pro to load it back in (make sure you use the same preset in both OBJ export and Morph Loader) which should be a bit quicker. Assuming you are using DS4, you have MLP and the CR2 exporter to save the figure back pout.

• JQPJQP Posts: 510
    edited December 1969

I forgot about that bug. MM is one of those programs I use about once a year, so I have to re-learn everything every time I use it. Thanks Richard.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Did you try cr2editor? It's free too:
    http://www.morphography.uk.vu/dlutility.html

• JQPJQP Posts: 510
    edited December 1969

I have it sitting on my drive but I've never used it. I downloaded it during one of my once-a-year times a few years back but didn't do much more than open it, look at it, and close it. :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I used it to get my Dali morphs for the BJD into the BJD2 cr2 ... it worked. :)