What do you hope to see in 2014?

SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Personally on my wish list is a realistic snake to pose on Genesis 2 characters, with several different skins for the snakes and poses matching the snake to the person.. come on, wouldn't that be AWESOME? I especially want to see more Ethnic characters know that Caucasian and Asian characters are pretty well already covered by the masses. I think doing more alien and character additions with a focus on realism would be wicked.

I got a friend who keeps talking about, "The Crow" and maybe even recreating the bridge of the Star Trek's Enterprise or something like that would be a dream set... I would imagine some hobbit like characters might be in the call for those who would do the classic dungeons and dragons themes.. How about a HDR skydome of fireworks and explosions? Lots of HDR enviroments please..

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years

What do you hope to see?

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 2013

Here's a few from my wishlist for 2014.

Kids 6
    Yes yes, I know we technically have K6 with the awesome Growing Up morphs, but there's a lot to be said for Daz when they release a new figure. Alongside any major character release we often see a range of products intended for the character, or morphs based off that figure. Olympia is a recent example, with characters like Diana, Nidale and Kori built off her, each with their own lovely skins and options. The last big-name kids character was Julie and Justin for Genesis, which I still hold in high esteem, but for those younger children we haven't seen it since Kids 4.

Toon Pirate outfit for Genesis
    A bit overly specific you might think, but there's a reason for this. I've owned Skull Cove for a while now, with the aim to use it with Sadie and Sam for Genesis from 3D Universe. Sadly, there aren't any pirate outfits for Genesis that I know of, and finding one which works well with toon-style figures is probably never going to happen. Still, it's my wishlist and I'll have what I like on it, likely or not.

Beards for Genesis 2 Male
    I'll be the first to admit I really suck at using Garibaldi. I've tried and failed to create wonderful facial or body hair. Perhaps LAMH is an easier approach, but I firmly believe I simply lack the talent necessary to make it look right. Even hairstyles elude my artistic abilities, with many strands of hair following the other in an all-too uniform style. So, beards then. Not the stubbly kind you get painted on textures, but everything from the gentlemanly beard to the long wizardly kind that could sweep the floor as you walk.

Those are the main three I can think of right now. No doubt I'll find more things to add to my wishlist (though my desire for a K6 is anything but ephemeral) but that'll do for today.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

What do I hope to see?

A plug-in for Daz Studio that will let it use Poser textures and shaders as-is, rather than having to fiddle with the settings manually.

More support for the older figures - Gen3 and Gen4 both.

A 64-bit version of Hexagon.

What do I expect to see?

More G2F stuff.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

I'll be the first to admit I really suck at using Garibaldi. I've tried and failed to create wonderful facial or body hair. Perhaps LAMH is an easier approach, but I firmly believe I simply lack the talent necessary to make it look right. Even hairstyles elude my artistic abilities, with many strands of hair following the other in an all-too uniform style. So, beards then. Not the stubbly kind you get painted on textures, but everything from the gentlemanly beard to the long wizardly kind that could sweep the floor as you walk.

Those are the main three I can think of right now. No doubt I'll find more things to add to my wishlist (though my desire for a K6 is anything but ephemeral) but that'll do for today.

Keep your eyes peeled. That wish is likely to be granted in very interesting ways. :-)

Kendall

• Edward_552019Edward_552019 Posts: 122
    edited December 1969

Dog and Cat 2 with more textures. The Mil dog is rather out dated and is a poor representation of canines.

Bridge between Studio and Cararra.

MoCap plug in using Playstation camera's

Wind effects for Bryce

Ed

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757
    edited December 2013

1 - GenX for Genesis 2 - GenX was one of the major reasons I took the plunge from Gen 4 to Genesis and we've already got texture convertors in place to use the huge variety of V4/M4 skins... now we just need to be able to pull the morphs over to the latest line of figures.

2. A plug-in for creating Dynamic cloth in-Studio. Despite its inferior built-in figures, Poser's two huge advantages over DAZ continues to be the ability to create naturally draping clothing and hair. In the last 14 months we finally got two forms of growable hair and fur for DS, and while they're not dynamic, they're a huge improvement over what was there before. Now it's time to either step the Optitex soft up a notch or jetison it in favor of something similar to Poser's cloth room. (Seriously, DAZ, making your own dynamic clothes or converting conforming ones has been possible in Poser for nearly 7 years now. What's the deal?)

3 - An ADVANCED manual for DAZ Studio 4.X. After the enormous letdown of the badly misnamed "Complete Guide to DAZ Studio," which would have been more accurately named a "beginners guide with a chapter on Reality" and compounded the error by being both overpriced and poorly printed, the actual release of official Documentation for DS 4.6 Pro, for free, was a huge step in the right direction. Unfortunately, there are still hundreds of facets of using this great program that haven't been touched on in either tome, many of which one has to scour the web for hours to find any current information on. Here's hoping that DAZ team follows up the first set of documentation with something aimed at more experienced users... something that I'll gladly pay for. (And if you ever get documentation on Carrara 8 up there, I might consider upgrading my current copy of 8 Pro to 8.5.)

4 - More architectural models built around real life themes. There are plenty of apartments and houses out there, and a reasonable assortment of schoolrooms and offices. However, the DAZ/Poserverse really needs some kind of large shopping area and the few "mall" models that are out there are creaking with age. Likewise, the only Gas Stations I'm aware of are so old they don't even have working doors.

5 - Okay, I know this seems crazy... but how about an upgrade to the old cyclorama/millennium environment concept? Specifically, something that works along the lines of a 2 1/2D matte painting, where the images are mapped onto a "planes" that actually have some modeling to them and would therefore react to scene lighting with the appropriate shadows, or which would exhibit a slight parallax shift during camera movement?

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

1. I really could use:

Modern and up-todate, (not buck rodgers style) Sci-fi

Living quarters/Apartment
    Bar
    Mess Hall,
    Food Props

2. A new adult male figure. The male equivalent of Olympia. M6 is a good start, but I find his face very difficult to modify

3. A m5 morph for M6

4. Alien skins, both anthropomorphic and Alien

5. Boiler suit/jumpsuit/flight suit.

6. Improved Cape for both fantasy and sci-fi renders

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

1. Reality 3 for DS

2. Reality 3 for DS

3. Reality 3 for DS

preferably supporting Genesis 2 UV's and HD morphs.

Also:

Long Time Dead for Genesis 2 Female or something along those lines.

Severed Man for Genesis 2.

Stephanie 6 and David 6 as well as a male version of Gia 6.

DAZ Elite Textures for Genesis 2 that are not pale white people.

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    1. Reality 3 for DS

2. Reality 3 for DS

3. Reality 3 for DS

Have to agree here. I keep eying Luxus for this reason.

I'd also like to actually learn how to use the Garibaldi Express Hair System.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

#1 Ditto to a built in Dynamic engine. Not only would that improve clothing but also improve the limited collision we now have.

#2 More Working Sets, come on PA's at least let me open a door or window once in a bluemoon. I don't need interiors just let me open a door please.

#3 Lighting sets that do not LOAD with Uber Environment elements set to default POOR quality, Without at least Telling me before I hit render.

Just those 3 would help me along.

• ArvanorArvanor Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Here are my wishes for my hobby. Hexagon 3 64 Bit but honestly i don't think we will see this. A new Millennium Dog, Cat and Dragon. A cool snake. Additional Creature morphs for Genesis 2. A Muscle Morph Set. Lots of HD Morphs and lots of male stuff for Sc-Fi and Fantasy.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 2013

...OK, finally have the overalls I wanted for my Leela so that's off the list.

@RobKelk, I agree about an updated (and bug free) Hexagon that includes sculpting and improved UV mapping.

@bcameron: Yes, both Mil Cat and Mil Dog are in need of a serious update. Also fur for the LAMH player like BigCat2 has. Even though I'm not much into fantasy myself, I'm sure there are people who would be mighty happy to see a Dragon2 as well.

@Cybersox, Yes, Yes, and Yes, to full cloth dynamics. It is about time Daz Studio has this incredibly important tool, be it built in or available as a plugin.

Now for my personal choices:

#1. ,An accurately detailed and proportioned 9' concert stage grand piano (similar to a Steinway D Model) that includes the interior frame and strings.
    #2. Aircraft that look as if they could actually fly according to the basic principles of Aerodynamics.
    #4. Sleek shiny 1950s styled Sci-Fi rocket ships and flying saucers.
    #3. Fish.
    #5. More cyberpunk themed content like interface implants, updated cyber limbs for G2, gear like portable comps (not just another laptop), surveillance and spy drones, weapons, HUD glasses/visors etc, as well as appropriate fashions (think The Matrix, Elysium, etc).

...and if Jack is listening in, #6: A full English Country Manor done similar to the old Dream House.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

that germany wins the Fifa worldcup in brasil :)

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 2013

to be honest, products for v4.2 and m4 hair and clothes

Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    that germany wins the Fifa worldcup in brasil :)

...for me, it would be Croatia. ;-)
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

updated animate2 that can handle rotations and has a start animation slider, where I can delete just one transform
    updated active pose that can pin feet and they don't move in animation after posing
    an easy measuring system in dazstudio that tells me how big things are in centimeters/meters or how far away another object is
    to be continued....

• edited December 1969

More Alessandro's animals and LAMH stuff for me!

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited December 2013

* Asian and African characters for M & V 6. And perhaps some Mid East / India ones as well.

* Hazard outfits for both genders

* Winter clothes and other outfits for bad weather for both genders

* Baggy jeans and hoodies

* Art noveau buildings exteriors / interiors, more of this kind http://www.daz3d.com/classic-deco - a lobby perhaps, a skybar with a terrace, office spaces, a kitchen

* A Greek style town. Perhaps Stonemanson could make one ;-)

* Beduin and/or tuareg clothes

* A camel

* Props or cameras for making cool and realistic rain

* A feature in DAZ to have several scenes open in tabs at the same time, and eaily be able to copy things between.

* A multy add features, so that you may add like 100 spheres primitives with just 2 - 3 clicks

Post edited by Hera on
    edited December 1969

Oh, would also really like to see:

updated cat (housecat), and Dog models.

and working reigns and saddle with poses for Horse 2.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Man, I second THAT. Horse stuff is sadly lacking in functionality.
    And where are the horse blankets? Do we have wraps anywhere for the legs?

edited December 1969

Agreed, horses are beautiful, but the gear included is not user-friendly and really tough to pose. What a major disappointment that the bridle and saddle was decorative only.

Also a different mane without the top bit missing would be appreciated, and a morph pack for those o use without the pro bundle... So we could... Say make a Shetland to pose with our gen6 kids.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Novica said:

Man, I second THAT. Horse stuff is sadly lacking in functionality.
    And where are the horse blankets? Do we have wraps anywhere for the legs?

Optitex freebie list got a DAZ dynamics horse blanket for the Millennium Horse, didn't try it on Horse 2 though, yet.

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload05.php

As for my wishes:

* Dynamics and collision in DAZ Studio. Let us finally have any object act as e.g dynamic cloth and collide at will
    * DAZ Studio Autofit improvements (sometimes tight dress crumbling at front and if possible boot improvements)
    * Aiko 6 (and/or potentially other good anime- / toon-related characters based on G2F *looks at 3D Universe*)
    * Solve the DAZ Studio CMS database issues. I love my custom categories, but just looking at the CMS in a wrong way makes it go corrupt/not function correctly
    * Cat 2 & Dog 2
    * GenX Upgrade (and that wish will be granted soon :) )
    * Carrara improvements especially on (but not limited to) the interaction with DAZ Studio and its content. Better 3D painting etc.
    * More HD morphs for different characters and different purposes (like the veins freebie from SickleYield) as I think it is a very, very good option to improve characters on close-ups

• HarvellHarvell Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

Updating V4/M4's inhale morph for Genesis and G2. At least GenX2 will be out soon...
    The Genesis Muscularity "Autoflex" function for G2 figures, and muscle maps, skeletons, and guts for Genesis 1 and 2.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

I guess I'd like to see...

- A collection of individual head and body morphs by 3D Universe, so that we can use choose which toony noses, eye shapes, chins, and such to use with his characters.

- Kinect support for DAZ Studio. That actually appeared to be on the way, and it just vanished.

- For someone at DAZ to read the bug report a few of us submitted - and FIXED ourselves a year ago - to put Genesis 2 support back in Puppeteer.

- A medieval modular Stonemason set like the sci-fi one released today. ohhh boy would I save up for that. :)

SnowS

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 2013

Kids 6
    Yes yes, I know we technically have K6 with the awesome Growing Up morphs, but there's a lot to be said for Daz when they release a new figure. Alongside any major character release we often see a range of products intended for the character, or morphs based off that figure. Olympia is a recent example, with characters like Diana, Nidale and Kori built off her, each with their own lovely skins and options. The last big-name kids character was Julie and Justin for Genesis, which I still hold in high esteem, but for those younger children we haven't seen it since Kids 4.

Toon Pirate outfit for Genesis
    A bit overly specific you might think, but there's a reason for this. I've owned Skull Cove for a while now, with the aim to use it with Sadie and Sam for Genesis from 3D Universe. Sadly, there aren't any pirate outfits for Genesis that I know of, and finding one which works well with toon-style figures is probably never going to happen. Still, it's my wishlist and I'll have what I like on it, likely or not.

I can only say YES!!!

I'd add to those children...

1) More realistic animals, especially primates and dogs, which have such variety in real life and are sooo underrepresented in 3D. I can't make a poodle - but a real one, not a fancy-hairdressed poor soul - a warrior inside, an idiot outside...

2) More dark-skinned characters (but many people mentioned it before). I'm fed up with seeing white guys and girls all the time.

3) More merchant resources that allow making freebies.

4) Less skimpwear (but I'm realistic, so that dream is going to remain a dream).

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    edited December 1969

For me in 2014, I want dynamics that do not rely on Opitex,that can be used with any object with better collision

More varieties and styles on skimpy female outfits. My GF has so many styles I have never even seen in DS/poser.

More heels for Genesis1 or a conversion that converts heels perfectly between figures.

No more funky sales at DAZ where you have to buy 4-5 items to get the discount

Fix the forum filters and change the TOS to allow for nudity (and allow it for promos also!!!)

Take the gaming licenses and the gaming related content and put it on another site to keep assets for gaming use and ones for rendering separate so that wannabe gaming developers have a place to go and we don't have to deal with the posts here.

Realistic hair that passes the test in unbiased renderers/more quality fiber mesh hair. LAMH is not user friendly, so not an option.

More skimpy outfits, oh wait, already said that.

In closing,thanks DAZ for DS, I used to be a poser only user, but thanks to Reality, I can't imagine not using DS now.

edited December 1969

4) Less skimpwear (but I'm realistic, so that dream is going to remain a dream).

...YES!!!!!!! Especially armour (archaic, contemporary, and futuristic) What warrior, knight, soldier, police/spacefleet security officer etc. in their right mind is going to run around with the most vulnerable part of their body bared to claws, blades, bullets, or energy beams?

@Herakleia, Yes, more Art Noveau period items, not just buildings but also clothing, jewelry, and other props.

@Renpatsu: Improved Autofit, indeeed, especially gloves.

Also more legacy clone shapes for G2F/M like Aiko/Hiro3, David3, Steph4, Mike4, Girl4, etc so we can autofit their clothing and use their UVs.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

what am i hoping to see in 2014?

more of the same old same old

that way i don't set my self up for a disappointment

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

How about a brow plate for G2 figures?

Yes, an option to turn conforming clothes into dynamics with the ability to scale the item.
    No more skinny jeans for M6, please.
    More variety of pants for M6 like, loose fit jeans, baggy jeans, cargo pants, slacks, sweat pants, wide leg.
    Vintage clothes for V6 & M6 (PLEASE ANYTHING FROM THE LATE '70s and EARLY '40s)
    Supersuits for the G2 figures
    More superhero accessories ..... LOTS MORE.
    More jackets and coats
    More gloves for V6 and M6
    Hats & Helmets

City Hall
    Banks
    Couthouse
    Modern library
    Fast food joints
    Shopping centers and strip malls
    grocery stores Big & Small
    Corner Store
    Gas Station Modern and Vintage

• lv426lv426 Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Dogs, or rather a canine pack on par with Big Cat 2 (dogs, wolves, foxes, etc).

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

A true Unisex figure named Genesis 3.

Daz Studio 5

Ultrabodysuits for the sixth generation