M6 Observation

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was just curious. Just beginning to play around with M6/Genesis 2. Has anyone else noticed that M6 chest area looks a little...well...different? I mean when you first load M6 or M6 HD? Unfortunately, I've found no way of "fixing" this issue as of yet as it's in it's frame work. I've discussed this with a handful of prominent artists on Deviant Art including one which is a vendor for DS or Renderosity. I've not had anything real positive about M6 other than, it bends more naturally. Other issues of negative matters ranged from M4 texts won't work, set on M4 or combo of m4 and Gen1/M5 and that's just for starters.

MY personal issue is the aesthetics and look of the chest area. Just isn't as natural looking like M4. I realize the artist/developer attempted to put some "pecs" on it but, just doesn't look right.

Any suggestions on how to remedy the looks of the pec area?

Comments

• edited December 1969

I was just curious. Just beginning to play around with M6/Genesis 2. Has anyone else noticed that M6 chest area looks a little…well…different? I mean when you first load M6 or M6 HD? Unfortunately, I’ve found no way of “fixing” this issue as of yet as it’s in it’s frame work. I’ve discussed this with a handful of prominent artists on Deviant Art including one which is a vendor for DS or Renderosity. I’ve not had anything real positive about M6 other than, it bends more naturally. Other issues of negative matters ranged from M4 texts won’t work, set on M4 or combo of m4 and Gen1/M5 and that’s just for starters.

MY personal issue is the aesthetics and look of the chest area. Just isn’t as natural looking like M4. I realize the artist/developer attempted to put some “pecs” on it but, just doesn’t look right.

Any suggestions on how to remedy the looks of the pec area?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Threads Merged: Please do not post the same thread multiple times.

• edited December 1969

My apologies!!!!!!!!!! Been awhile since being on and some things have been changed!!!!!!!!!! I was a wee bit confused. I didn't mean anything by it..>TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    edited December 1969

I agree with Celtic_Knight, I find the chest area just a little weird myself, to the extent I still use M5 for any barechested pictures and only use M6 clothed. I did find that applying characters seemed to improved the pecs a little.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

I think what the OP is seeing is that the Gen 5 males are a bit more flat chested and less saggy in the breast area. I know it's not what the modeller was after but it is what it tend to look like.

• edited December 1969

To Estroyer:
    I can ref to tjohn post: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=108969_l1nEtwd829BngsTz6RvM&board_id=1

Simon Jm: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=108977_gMNY23HGNkt9WOkYGrVb&board_id=1

Cagnazzo82: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=109050_XptlOaJQZaKMUuz0TiIC&board_id=1

Jimzombie: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=109066_K4dleTxCnL4U6SKOtVFO&board_id=1

scorpion64dragon: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=109278_wNuxIYWSk9KHiBRBMKnA&board_id=1

Razor 42: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=110043_QefYtC6mvl4aVckogjwq&board_id=1

RyeMac3: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=110395_aZE0G0Wia9XLGG9khDxy&board_id=1

I mean..the chest/pec appearances range from, for lack of a better term "man boobs" to squared type pecs. It looks odd and not realistic unlike the predecessors to M6. I've tried everything I could think of and nothing fixes the problem.

For those out there who have had better luck and more natural looking M6 characters, I's love to know what settings you are using or what you are doing differently.
    ANY help and guidance is greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I think I'll forgo using M6. I think DS jumped the gun on this one.
    By the way, I use DZ 4.5 on windows 7

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

To Estroyer:
    I can ref to tjohn post: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=108969_l1nEtwd829BngsTz6RvM&board_id=1

Simon Jm: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=108977_gMNY23HGNkt9WOkYGrVb&board_id=1

Cagnazzo82: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=109050_XptlOaJQZaKMUuz0TiIC&board_id=1

Jimzombie: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=109066_K4dleTxCnL4U6SKOtVFO&board_id=1

scorpion64dragon: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=109278_wNuxIYWSk9KHiBRBMKnA&board_id=1

Razor 42: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=110043_QefYtC6mvl4aVckogjwq&board_id=1

RyeMac3: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=110395_aZE0G0Wia9XLGG9khDxy&board_id=1

I mean..the chest/pec appearances range from, for lack of a better term "man boobs" to squared type pecs. It looks odd and not realistic unlike the predecessors to M6. I've tried everything I could think of and nothing fixes the problem.

For those out there who have had better luck and more natural looking M6 characters, I's love to know what settings you are using or what you are doing differently.
    ANY help and guidance is greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I think I'll forgo using M6. I think DS jumped the gun on this one.
    By the way, I use DZ 4.5 on windows 7

Actually the pecs are fairly realistic compared to previous generations. It's certainly different than what we've seen.

2mdnghy.png
    336 x 302 - 239K
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

3Ddreamer said:
    I agree with Celtic_Knight, I find the chest area just a little weird myself, to the extent I still use M5 for any barechested pictures and only use M6 clothed. I did find that applying characters seemed to improved the pecs a little.

Yes, I agree with Celtic_Knight as well, M6 chest is all weird.

• edited December 1969

Thats NOT what I'm seeing in the samples given or in my case when the base is loaded then M6 or M6 HD or some other characters.
    How are you accomplishing what is the seen in the sample you have posted?

edited December 1969

Thats NOT what I'm seeing in the samples given or in my case when the base is loaded then M6 or M6 HD or some other characters.

You said M6's chest wasn't realistic. This is a similar real life example.

edited December 1969

Because thats a photo of a guy that doesn't look like M6 at all.

• edited December 1969

What you just posted YES! Other are more sqaure-ish or "man- boobish"

edited December 1969

No. They're not.

• edited December 1969

Well..I'm sorry but I MUST politely disagree with you and frankly, there ARE others out there that feel the same OR think they look weird.

So obviously you're not going to help solve the issue I am having or guide through some settings so, I do NOT wish to get into a piss off with you and I must ask you to refrain from commenting any further as this is getting no where.
    Thank you.

No. They're not.

• alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited December 1969

There are so many breast shapes for the females yet hardly any attention has been paid to male pectorals. I wish someone would create a package of custom morphs that specifically target the pecs.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 2013

[strong...So obviously you're not going to help solve the issue I am having or guide through some settings so, I do NOT wish to get into a piss off with you and I must ask you to refrain from commenting any further as this is getting no where...

That sort of response isn't going to get you anywhere either. You post in an open forum and everybody is entitled to express their opinion. No one's been rude or out of hand to you.

And why are you bolding everything? People here aren't blind.

Post edited by TheWheelMan on
  • edited December 1969

alken said:
    There are so many breast shapes for the females yet hardly any attention has been paid to male pectorals. I wish someone would create a package of custom morphs that specifically target the pecs.

Yes. agreed! :-)

edited December 1969

Well..I'm sorry but I MUST politely disagree with you and frankly, there ARE others out there that feel the same OR think they look weird. So obviously you're not going to help solve the issue I am having or guide through some settings so, I do NOT wish to get into a piss off with you and I must ask you to refrain from commenting any further as this is getting no where.
    Thank you.

No. They're not.

Everyone has their tastes, but obviously more people like it than not for it to have sold so well.

But yeah, your content is looking like a nightmare where my suggestion is not to merge your DS3 and DS4 together so you won't have issues and take it out of program files. That's my suggestion that would save you a major headache.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

I fully agree, this morph's chest is...well fuller and droops, even in the standard pose (what male stands in that pose anyway?) it looks like it has boobs and that's even strechin the chest and abs out.

Cover the M6 morph up as you said and it looks right,

The face and rest of its body proportions are spot on, but the boob's need to be addressed.

edited December 2013

Well..I'm sorry but I MUST politely disagree with you and frankly, there ARE others out there that feel the same OR think they look weird.

Yes, M6 weird chest has been noted since the first day. The images you posted are a good example as well.
    As you can read, some people bought him regardless of this. Buying something doesn't necessarily means you approve everything about it.
    Not the ideal solution, but while a 3rd party set of morphs would help, creating morphs is easy enough; you could try doing some adjustments in a modeller and load as a fix morph.
    If you have Hexagon, I found it really good for creating custom morphs, especially with the bridge from Daz Studio.

I'll stick with M5 myself.

Post edited by Soto on
  • alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited December 1969

FYI, the pecs on Swole for G2M look pretty good...only problem is you get all the other muscles swelling at the same time. lol

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

This thread is starting to get a little heated and we have to ask that you direct your comments at the topic and not at an individual

• edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    I fully agree, this morph's chest is...well fuller and droops, even in the standard pose (what male stands in that pose anyway?) it looks like it has boobs and that's even strechin the chest and abs out.

Cover the M6 morph up as you said and it looks right,

The face and rest of its body proportions are spot on, but the boob's need to be addressed.

Thank you! EXACTLY! :-)
  • edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

Yes, M6 weird chest has been noted since the first day. The images you posted are a good example as well.
    As you can read, some people bought him regardless of this. Buying something doesn't necessarily means you approve everything about it.
    Not the ideal solution, but while a 3rd party set of morphs would help, creating morphs is easy enough; you could try doing some adjustments in a modeller and load as a fix morph.
    If you have Hexagon, I found it really good for creating custom morphs, especially with the bridge from Daz Studio.

I'll stick with M5 myself.

True. VERY true! I've never worked with Hexagon ever. Never really looked in to actually. This may call for it.

• edited December 1969

alken said:
    FYI, the pecs on Swole for G2M look pretty good...only problem is you get all the other muscles swelling at the same time. lol

Hahaha..yah..that too! LoL

• edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    This thread is starting to get a little heated and we have to ask that you direct your comments at the topic and not at an individual

Already BEYOND the one comment. I just clicked on ignore. It's fine and dealt with.
    Thanks though

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,245
    edited May 2015

I agree, I think the chest looks odd. The default pec shape is very full and defined, plus the nipples seem too high. The fact the pec has it's own parameter for movement as well leads me to think that G2M is just a reshaped version of G2F with a tweaked UV and not a fully separate figure. Since Daz makes most of it's money of the female figures and their clothing/accessories, it makes sense. For most people, the G2M will be good enough.

Post edited by Timbales on
  • edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I agree, I think the chest looks odd. The default pec shape is very full and defined, plus the nipples seem too high. The fact the pec has it's out parameter for movement as well leads me to think that G2M is just a reshaped version of G2F with a tweaked UV and not a fully separate figure. Since Daz makes most of it's money of the female figures and their clothing/accessories, it makes sense. For most people, the G2M will be good enough.

Good point! Not being on here often, I'm surprised that this has not been brought up already. It would be nice if the artist/developer of GM2/M6 would make some appropriate changes. This is the only reason I can not use GM2/M6. If something isn't looking right, I'm not going to utilize it. Certainly was NOT the best they could have come up with. Like I said, a very good handful or prominent artists on Deviant Art are not thrilled and are staying with M4 and Gen1. Really is sad.