how to find Genesis Presets (shaders) in C8.5 Beta

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I installed the Carrara 8.5 Pro Beta and am trying to locate the included sample textures that you can use in DAZ, such as Sample Jeremy - No Gen, Sample jeremy Wetsuit, Sample Lana - No Gen, Sample Lana Wetsuit

In DAZ, the location of one of these is:
C:\Users\rob\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis\Materials

I also categorized this in a Genesis Stuff folder along with the Genesis figure and some other Genesis shaders.

The folder shows up in my Carrara Content Browser list along with the Genesis figure, but none of the shaders or poses or other Genesis related content. (can't find it in Smart Content tab or the regular content tab)

Anyone know where to find these?

Thanks

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I installed the Carrara 8.5 Pro Beta and am trying to locate the included sample textures that you can use in DAZ, such as Sample Jeremy - No Gen, Sample jeremy Wetsuit, Sample Lana - No Gen, Sample Lana Wetsuit

In DAZ, the location of one of these is:
    C:\Users\rob\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\People\Genesis\Materials

I also categorized this in a Genesis Stuff folder along with the Genesis figure and some other Genesis shaders.

The folder shows up in my Carrara Content Browser list along with the Genesis figure, but none of the shaders or poses or other Genesis related content. (can't find it in Smart Content tab or the regular content tab)

Anyone know where to find these?

Thanks

you will need DS 4.5 installed - then they will come up under smart content .

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Ah - I see thanks.

Is DAZ Studio 4.5 Beta stable though?

Hopefully it's stable, because (unlike Carrara) DAZ recommends only having one version of DAZ 4 installed at a time.

Does anyone know if that's one 64 bit PLUS one 32 bit?

Or know if this new 4.5 Release Candidate gives you access to Mimic Pro or Lip Synch functionality? (And functionality for Genesis - which is working inside of C 8.5 Beta)

Thanks (and to bigg - thanks for reply over in Carrara thread on mimic question as well)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Ah - I see thanks.

Is DAZ Studio 4.5 Beta stable though?

Hopefully it's stable, because (unlike Carrara) DAZ recommends only having one version of DAZ 4 installed at a time.

Does anyone know if that's one 64 bit PLUS one 32 bit?

Or know if this new 4.5 Release Candidate gives you access to Mimic Pro or Lip Synch functionality? (And functionality for Genesis - which is working inside of C 8.5 Beta)

Thanks (and to bigg - thanks for reply over in Carrara thread on mimic question as well)

yes 4.5 is pretty good - you will need DS 4.5 - 32 bit for lip synch
    and yes you can install them on the same puter .
    you welcome .