epic wing slow render

Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hi

i've got epic wings and when i used them the render become very slow

do you have a trick to speed them a little ...

thansk in advance

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

They use lots of transparancy maps they are slow on my 4 core 8 thread PC also. I've never found away around it for a good clear render.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    They use lots of transparancy maps they are slow on my 4 core 8 thread PC also. I've never found away around it for a good clear render.

thanks jaderail

i ve got a i7-2600 and 16 go and they are very slow too

i've try deslect smooth and even i used uber hair on them but nothing change

have to wait :o)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Are you using Raytraced shadows, Deep shadow maps will render quicker, or use Uber shader and turn off Raytracing.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are you using Raytraced shadows, Deep shadow maps will render quicker, or use Uber shader and turn off Raytracing.
    Been there done that, you still do not get much of a render increase. I prefer Over night at full lights and Raytrace. At least the render is Crisp. Sometimes it's just better to wait.
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Been there done that, you still do not get much of a render increase. I prefer Over night at full lights and Raytrace. At least the render is Crisp. Sometimes it's just better to wait.

thanks for your help jaderail and scorpio

i will try the two but it's soo hard too wait ... ;o)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Another thing you can do if you are using Uberenvoironment then again use the Uber shader and turn of Occulsion.