Very poor customer service

2»

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 2013

Daz did give away a reduced resolution version of Victoria 3 with Daz Studio 1 and 2. I think Daz also gave the V3 reduced resolution version away in a free 3D starter bundle years ago.

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    ncamp said:
    I had my external HD crash and had to reload all of my content through DIM. Like the OP, my V3 base was missing and not in my downloads.

I believe (it has been years and several computers ago) that V3 base used to be a part of Studio V2.x content. As I recall, it came with the background environment and V3 to build a fairy scene. Unlike the OP, I just repurchased V3 base ( and it looked like the icon from the old content).

ncamp

Actually, DAZ did not give the V3 base model as part of the included content for any version of DAZ Studio. The alpha and early beta versions had the High Fantasy content and MilDragon LE. The mid beta has the Egyptian content which had the reduced res Mike and Vicki with the Egyptian textures. The Fairy Forest content which was the late beta and on into DS1 and most of DS2 was the Reduced Resolution versions of M3 and V3. These models had fewer polys, could use the V3 and M3 textures and clothing but could not use the head and body morphs. Any morphs for these figures were included. The last included content before DS4 and Genesis was the V4 QuickStart figure which was another lite figure.

DAZ did give V3 and M3 base away in January of 2005 after the release of C5Pro. They also gave the gen 3 base models to active PC members on 1 Nov 2007 along with other content. This was followed by the P5 Model pack that was released through Cnet. This pack had the M3, V3 and A3 base along with H3. M3 and V3 base were also given to PC members along with some other content as part of the PC renewal bonus after they changed the Welcome pack in 2005. The last free giveaway of M3 and V3 base was during the general free model giveaway that ended not long before the release of DS4 and Genesis.

I remember that now. That's where I got H3.

See how easily one can forget where they got their product? I did. I'm sure this situation is just a matter of forgetting, that's all.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

DAZ also used to have limited time give aways in the forums. One holiday season they had a weekend give away of the House Mouse and tutorial on how to create Santa Mouse.

They gave away the MilCat LE, the Dragon LE, the Sea Dragon LE and the Gorilla LE at least once each in the forums.

Sara was a free download form the forums. I have a number of products for Sara but none of the packs or bundles contains the actual figure.

If you've been with DAZ for a long time, especially before DAZ started putting the PC give away items in your order history, if you had a crash or you lost your back ups, you were pretty much SOL unless you decided it was worth spending the money to replace it.

Remember both Stephanies? Steph 1 was given away when you bought M2. It was stuck in your downloads but it wasn't in your order history. Same for Steph Petite. If you purchased M3 within a certain time period, SP3 was added to your downloads. It was another item not added to your order history. DAZ had the SP3 starter pack but if you look at it, you will see that it doesn't have the SP3 base model. If you lost your back up or your runtime with SP3 in it, you ended up having to buy the base if you wanted to use it. I didn't have an actual download for SP3 in my order history until SP3 became a PC item. That's when I actually bought the base model.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

Same with Steph 4.

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

It could have been part of the giveaway that DAZ used to do every year when you renewed as a PC member as well, because I know that those items did not go into your download history because it used to cause serious problems.
    It was part of the Platinum Club Membership Annual Renewal in 2010 - but before that the renewal items did not show in your download area
    Or did you buy it as part of a bundle?

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

@Leonardis : When you buy something from DAZ they automatically send you an email with the Order number. You should be able to find that in your email box unless you deleted it?

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 2013

Just wanted to say that it IS possible for orders and downloads to go missing.... It's happened to me on at least a few occassions. What happened in my cases is that I'd ask for a refund on one thing, and the person would accidentally remove my entire ORDER (but only refund the one item from the order). If I hadn't caught it the couple times I'd lost them for good, but thankfully I was able to show the error and get it fixed.

And no idea if its happened more than that.

But yes, it can and it does happen that items, and full orders, completely disappear from the purchasing history and can leave a customer without recourse to reinstate the lost order. That is why I do wish the invoice would remain in order history, with simply the words "refunded" or "cancelled" like they sometimes do for a single item. It would make checking mistakes a lot easier.

That said, way back when I think V3 was included in a starter bundle with fairy wings and a tree and stuff for her....maybe you got her through that.

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to say that it IS possible for orders and downloads to go missing.... It's happened to me on at least a few occassions. What happened in my cases is that I'd ask for a refund on one thing, and the person would accidentally remove my entire ORDER (but only refund the one item from the order). If I hadn't caught it the couple times I'd lost them for good, but thankfully I was able to show the error and get it fixed.

And no idea if its happened more than that.

But yes, it can and it does happen that items, and full orders, completely disappear from the purchasing history and can leave a customer without recourse to reinstate the lost order. That is why I do wish the invoice would remain in order history, with simply the words "refunded" or "cancelled" like they sometimes do for a single item. It would make checking mistakes a lot easier.

But even then you have a receipt, or the confirmation email. That is your recourse. I have my emails archived and separated on two machines so I keep track of purchases. If you think you bought it, you would have gotten resolution quicker by finding the confirmation email and sending it to them. I seriously doubt ANY company keeps their records past a few years because of the size of the databases to hold the information. Going back to 2005 when it's almost 2014 is 9 years worth of data; that's good customer service that they can go back that far because other companies would have to go to offline backups for this information. But reading this thread the OP didn't do that and instead decided to take it to a public forum, which I think looks bad on his/her part. This is a forum about DAZ's products and to help others with the products and 3D in general, not to air your dirty laundry. I wished more people would not do this as it's adds to the negativity of the forum.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

The OP did say he no longer has the emails - no back-up strategy is foolproof. And if I go to the end of page 148 in my order history and open the Victoria 1 page I can still click on the link to view the order, so the records are there - even if, as Jared says, the Magento system makes it a pain to find them without the order number. I have the gen 3 bases, but not their morph sets, in my order history as part of the 2008 PC renewal bonus.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Exactly. I lost all my emails from over a year ago due to an email/skype virus that lodged in my email archive and couldn't be removed. And besides that, that has been a couple times (not recently, but longer ago) that i did not get any receipt for an order and even asked the help desk for one to be sent- and they said they had no way to send me one if one had not been sent. :(

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

However, it goes back to what is considered customer service; how many companies can you walk into and say that you bought something 10 years ago and you want a replacement?

Not many.

It's good that the customer service even tries to look for your order if you give them info when so many will just tell you that you are out of luck.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

I have lost Hiro3 because I got him from that Cnet models download, and the other stuff
    some I rebought when free but overlooked him
    not saying OP did but unfortunately it happens

the only lesson is to be learnt BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
    SmithMicro has limited download lives as do many companies, Daz has been extremely generous offering its lifetime service but one can never be certain of the future.
    just wish I could find my H3 installer in my massive disorganized backups!!!

• Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

I have just read parts of this so if I am repeating others I am sorry. I keep my data etc in a few ways. I have a remove able drive in the computer so it is faster than a USB. It is 3 terabytes. Periodically I copy all drive G graphics nd all drive F data. Almost daily I make a norton ghost on a 2 T drive of drive C. Thirdly, I copy all daz and vue content onto a USB. I also have saved and categorized all my zip and exe files for daz so I always have the original file from all the vendors. This is a lot of work, but in the long run it is the safest and easiest way I have found. I, also, archive all my orders as I have read others do and have all this copied to a few places.

edited December 1969

I have lost Hiro3 because I got him from that Cnet models download, and the other stuff
    some I rebought when free but overlooked him
    not saying OP did but unfortunately it happens

the only lesson is to be learnt BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP
    SmithMicro has limited download lives as do many companies, Daz has been extremely generous offering its lifetime service but one can never be certain of the future.
    just wish I could find my H3 installer in my massive disorganized backups!!!

Best way to avoid it in the future is to wait for one of the better DAZ Original sales. The ones where DO's end up at like 60 or 70% off and the just buy it. That way you don't end up with the problem you have now.

SMS may only give 30 days to download your order for free but you can purchase the Extended Download Service at any time after. Max amount they charge for EDS is around $9 and that covers any order over $25. Believe me, it's cheaper to go and purchase the EDS for a few dollars to gain access to a product (most of my purchases are software or expensive plugins) than to have to repurchase.

I've paid the few dollars for a couple of smaller orders. Especially if it's for a product that is no longer availble or is off sale.

The only issue I ever had with SMS was their handling of CP when they first took over. Giving you a 30 day ultimatum and then killing your download links to your previous order history still ticks me off. If I look at from the business end of things, I can understand where they were coming from. From a customer end, it still ticks me off.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

yes bought extended download for PP12 not for all the free animals I got once!
    and a fair few other things
    but backed em all up.
    yes WILL rebuy Hiro if he goes on sale, just missed one before I discovered my loss.
    to OP try downloading DS2 from your account history library with the fairy forest scene, I did that not long ago.
    has a base V3 at least

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

I know frustrating it may be, but - if Mrs Britney took care of the report, I am pretty sure she will eventually fix that. I don't know another helpdesk assistant who actually THANKS YOU when you report the pro bundles for M5 and V5 had gone mad and display as freebies. Give her time - in this case, a lot, because you, poor soul, definitely have crossed ways with Murphy's Law (the weather, approaching Christmas, weekend, loss of the order number). I usually had to wait a week, but I always got a reply. In fact, when I got the first message (not counting that "We'll get back to you shortly" thing), the case was followed with day-to-day accuracy.

In the meantime, think about other proofs that you paid for V3 stuff. I personally make printscreens from every order I make and store them in a special folder, which is backed-up from time to time. Do you have similar proofs? Maybe a confirmation e-mail? Printscreens of your library when you had V3 in there? Try to provide the helpdesk with as many proofs as possible and be patient. That's all you can do (and think positively, fingers crossed for you).

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 2013

I was browsing the wayback site with DAZ (hilarious to see those old formats!) and stumbled across this by accident.
    The site is still fully operational and I can even place orders!
    EDIT
    Daz was called Zygote Poser Division back then...
    But as you can see, they did give a few generation 3 figures away for free.

daz.jpg
    1907 x 968 - 693K
    Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 1969

yes bought extended download for PP12 not for all the free animals I got once!
    and a fair few other things
    but backed em all up.
    yes WILL rebuy Hiro if he goes on sale, just missed one before I discovered my loss.
    to OP try downloading DS2 from your account history library with the fairy forest scene, I did that not long ago.
    has a base V3 at least

The Fairy Forest Content is the V3 Reduced Resolution Figure. It is not the V3 base figure. That's a mistake everyone keeps making with this content.

The Reduced Res figures for M3 and V3 which are part of the Fairy Forest and the larger 3D Starter Content can use the M3 and V3 textures and clothing but they cannot use the M3 or V3 morphs. They have a limited number of morphs included and that's it.

M3 and V3 were first given away back in January of 2005 when C5Pro was released. DAZ even gave pro rated refunds to purchasers of V3 and M3. After January of 2005, DAZ lowered the price on V3 and M3 base to around $9.95 each (big difference from $39.95 each).

If the OP purchased V3 base before January of 2005, he would have received a store credit for the refund. IIRC, January 2005 was also when V3 SAE (Special Anniversary Edition) was released.