DAZ Studio 5 - Anything confirmed?

Artman009Artman009 Posts: 33
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Has anything been confirmed for DAZ Studio 5? I keep reading throughout the forums that animation may be the aim focus for Studio 5 but I was curious if anything has been solidly confirmed.

Thanks.

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

That is what DAZ_Rand said when they released DS4. I know nothing beside that, although it looks like it is a DAZ tradition to start work on a new iteration after the #.5 release . I do hope they rearrange the Genesis mapping so that ears are on the face (or limbs) map, that way we can save on the number of SSS maps.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

There'll not be a manual? ;)

• Artman009Artman009 Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    There'll not be a manual? ;)

Burn!

• Artman009Artman009 Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Returning to this old thread: has nothing still been confirmed?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

AS the latest beta release is 4.6.0.81 I doubt that they are thinking of DS 5 yet.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26880/

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

We had DS4.0 full then we had, I think, DS4.5 full followed with DS4.6 full and now a DS4.6 beta so I believe by the time we reach DS5.0 it might fall on full. The beta's seem to be .18 then .80 then FULL. Only 9 more not DS5's to go at this rate.

I dunno...

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    We had DS4.0 full then we had, I think, DS4.5 full followed with DS4.6 full and now a DS4.6 beta so I believe by the time we reach DS5.0 it might fall on full. The beta's seem to be .18 then .80 then FULL. Only 9 more not DS5's to go at this rate.

I dunno...

I don't think the last digits (the build number) are necessarily that informative, I recall the final DS2 general release was 2.3.3.146.

• edited December 1969

Is there any posible news about DAZ Studio 5.0?

Or will keep updating 4.7, 4.8.....

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

SpaceRay said:
    Is there any posible news about DAZ Studio 5.0?

Or will keep updating 4.7, 4.8.....

In the 9 years+ that I have been here both as a customer and a PA I can tell you that DAZ3D remains extremely tight liped about upcomming versions of their software. When they have something they want to share, you can be sure you will find it here in the DS subforum AND in the commons.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

It's important to note that DAZ_Rand is no longer with the company, so anything he said about DAZ Studio 5, including whether or not there will be a DAZ Studio 5 is not guaranteed to happen.

In addition there is a User Guide available for the current version of DAZ Studio which is version 4.6 you can find that here:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/start

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 1969

My prediction ... as long as DAZ 3D has software developers, there will be another version of DAZ Studio released at some date. DAZ Studio is still the best marketing tool out there to get people hooked on buying DAZ content. :) And a new Y.0 version is always more attention grabbing than a X.9.8.6 version will ever be.

How much innovation will there be?

Well, honestly, how much is really needed? Probably some work in the animation side of things. But the software is fairly feature rich in it's current release already. Bug fixing certainly. Always room to keep up with advances in the 3Delight engine. But it shouldn't take an army of developers to be working on DAZ Studio 5.0 for a year or two.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    edited January 2014

As many people (including myself) have already noted in several threads, auto fit doesn't work at all well on many items. Fixing it so that it works properly on on ankle-length gowns and long sleeves would be my number one priority for any new version.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 1969

I wouldn't read too much into Jared's comment. I see it as him simply pointing out that Rand doesn't work there any longer and plans may (or may not) have changed since his last communication.

I haven't been around DAZ as long as some, but I have been a customer here since 2006. I've seen plenty of Doom and Gloom predictions about all of the DAZ product line come and go. They're like the Energizer Bunny. They seem to keep finding a way to keep going. ;)