Womens clothes for men?

iDiruiDiru Posts: 696
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have such a hard time making my girly boys ): I know about wardrobe wizard and all but I don't feel like buying lisences. Is there anything I can do to fit my female clothes on males, or are there any male clothes that look girly? Like corsets, panties, boots, etc.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700
    edited December 1969

which software are you using? Also which figures?

• iDiruiDiru Posts: 696
    edited December 1969

which software are you using? Also which figures?

M4 with Poser 2012
    edited December 1969

If you only want to convert to M4, then maybe cross dresser would work. You would only need the M4 license.
    You did not say which figures you want to convert from. if you want to convert the clothing from the Poser female figures you and want to try the Wardrobe wizard way, I guess you would only need the M4 license as many of the figures that come with poser are supported by WW.

you could try to hand convert it, but that requires a modeling program and some knowledge of rigging.

• iDiruiDiru Posts: 696
    edited December 1969

If you only want to convert to M4, then maybe cross dresser would work. You would only need the M4 license.
    You did not say which figures you want to convert from. if you want to convert the clothing from the Poser female figures you and want to try the Wardrobe wizard way, I guess you would only need the M4 license as many of the figures that come with poser are supported by WW.

you could try to hand convert it, but that requires a modeling program and some knowledge of rigging.

I don't know what ones specifically, just that I want my M4 to have some lady boots and some corsets ): But mostly from v4/v3
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I know this may not help, but Genesis under DAZ Studio 4 works really well for this. Like...it's almost what it's made to do.

-- Morgan

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Yep I agree. No need for time consuming clothing convertions etc etc...

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

If you're a Poser User it might be best to go with Miss Wolf's suggestion to use the Crossdresser. The Program itself is free, you only have to buy the license that you want to change your Clothings to, in your case the M4 License ( http://www.evilinnocence.com/michael4-crossdresser-license.html ).

You can download the programm here: http://www.evilinnocence.com/store/shop-by-category/crossdresser.html also below the Downloadsection for the Crossdresser there are all the Licenses... (in case you want to change clothes to other figures too)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

You could also use Wardrobe Wizard, included with Poser, if you bought the V4 and M4 licenses (I think WW needs you to buy both the from and the to license).

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

iDiru said:

I don't know what ones specifically, just that I want my M4 to have some lady boots and some corsets ): But mostly from v4/v3

I don't know what you could do about shoes, apart from Crossdresser or Wardrobe Wizard as others have mentioned, but Sickleyield has corsets specifically for M4 on Renderosity. There's also a Histories texture set, plus you can use various shaders to make it look the way you'd like.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

thx to Genesis, my girls can now wear pretty in pink!

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Why would girls need clothes?

*Runs and hides*

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

*Runs and hides*
    a sword only covers one's lower bits, and no nudity tags means no tits!

edited December 1969

*Runs and hides*

a sword only covers one's lower bits, and no nudity tags means no tits!

Ken's tits are okay to render, so are his boobies. (wonder if Ken's baby birds are okay to render since they barely have any feathers.)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited July 2012

In addition to CrossDresser and WW, and Genesis (which I use myself):

I did this underbust corset for M4 a while ago. It's not super fem (I was thinking Hellraiser/goth men when I made it) but it can be made more so with the lace bits from this.

My experience with CrossDresser has been very mixed, but that's probably going to be the case with any auto conversion.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • edited July 2012

*Runs and hides*

Girls DON'T

Girly boys DO

Personally, I tend to use a female character with small or no breasts (I like my boys to be VERY girly). I have a (very) short list of clothing with small breast morphs.

Female character mods by Capsces have a very nice no breast morph and she usually provides free morphs for 4 or 5 clothing items for each character.

Post edited by casswilde-2131714 on
  • edited July 2012

iDiru said:

I don't know what ones specifically, just that I want my M4 to have some lady boots

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/m4-highheelzz/89896

AND

My generic method for fitting boots to a different character

If the right & left boots are separate load the right boot.

If the boots are a pair in a single CR2, load it and turn the entire left boot invisible.

Resize and position the boot so that it looks like a realistic position on the leg.
    You don't have to worry about the leg poking thru the boot except that you need a complete ring of the boot showing at the very top. Wider is better but don't waste too much time. Use magnets/deformers as necessary.

Turn any part of the leg that is completely covered off.

Create a custom transparency for the part of the leg that is only partially covered by the boot.

Parent the boot to the shin or thigh.

The top part of the boot will follow the part of the leg it is parented to. Pose the shoe directly for anything below that.

Repeat for the other leg.

If you do this with thigh boots you will get really long boots.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...OK second try (bloody timeout).

I've been looking to go the opposite direction as there seems to be little in the way of decent "everyday" clothing for the girls (particularly business and professional wear).

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

casswilde said:

*Runs and hides*

Girls DON'T

Girly boys DO

Personally, I tend to use a female character with small or no breasts (I like my boys to be VERY girly). I have a (very) short list of clothing with small breast morphs.

Female character mods by Capsces have a very nice no breast morph and she usually provides free morphs for 4 or 5 clothing items for each character.

Same here. What mods does Capsces have, if I may ask? I need to make some very very pretty and feminine boys myself. :D

• edited May 2013

Same here. What mods does Capsces have, if I may ask? I need to make some very very pretty and feminine boys myself. :D

I listed some of her characters in the other thread. In general, she has a pretty standard set of body morphs that she puts in every character. The morphs are not the same, but the dial names of the morphs are the same so if you, for instance, apply the Kioki Buxom morph to Rayne, it will do something and that something will probably look good. It may look so close to the Rayne Buxom morph that you can't tell the difference or it may look subtly or even radically different. Likewise, the Rayne Buxom pose can be applied to Kioki. This even applies to totally unrelated characters.

The same is not true for faces. If you try to apply a face preset to the wrong character, the result can be pretty ugly (Though if you look hard enough, you may find something that makes a good caricature.) Each character has a wide variety of male & female ethnic Faces. For some reason, I don't like most of these until they have hair applied.

The Gen 4 characters only have two versions V4 which works with all V4 variants and ditto for M4. She also has two head packages of only head morphs Faerime and Boopsie G4 (not to be confused with Boopsie for THE (original) GIRL.)

I'm looking for a list of the actual morphs so I don't have to type it all in.

FYI, I WASN'T saying that Capsces morphs are particularly more girly than anyone else's. I was saying that I like them for girly-boy characters because there are a LOT of ways to get the female clothes to fit.

All of the female characters have a male chest (or maybe 2) and a female chest with no breasts.