discoloration on legs

benjbernsteinbenjbernstein Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was hoping someone could help me with this. This is Brooke for V6. I'm using Poser 10 on Mac. I've tried adjusting the lights. Nothing in the material room looks like it's out of place either. Any ideas?

Comments

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

Right off hand, it looks like either the texture maps are applied to the wrong body parts, or are trying to use the wrong UV maps.

• BelladzinesBelladzines Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

are you using DSON to be able to use V6 in poser?

• benjbernsteinbenjbernstein Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm not really sure of what your question is. I'm pretty new to this so I may not follow you exactly. I do have DSON installed and I've used it to install a few figures. This particular figure Brooke, from Digital Creations was installed by downloading the file and then I copied the file to a folder (I forget if it was the Daz or Poser folder). genesis 2 was installed via DSON and I can't remember if V6 was installed using DSON. The reason I didn't use DSON to install the Brook character is becasue it didn't show up on the download or ready to install tabs so I just copied and pasted.

edited December 1969

i guess what I'm asking is - her textures don't look right to begin with?

edited December 1969

Yeah, that's pretty much how she looked when I put her into the scene. I thought maybe it would change after I rendered but no. So you think it might have something to do with the file?

edited December 2013

if you have DS - open her up in there and check her uv maps, make sure they are either Base female or victoria 6 (whichever one makes the texture maps sit properly) and if you have to fix it, let the vendor know so they can check also.

i only found a brooke for victoria 4 - (here at daz)

Post edited by Belladzines on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Do you have the V4 Shape for Genesis 2?

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

From the product description, I believe the texture is actually for V4 and there are shape presets for V4,V5 and V6. If you don't have that product, then the texture will not work on Genesis 2/V6.

edited December 1969

True MM3 i had forgotten about needing V4 for genesis 2 female .... makes sense now.

edited December 1969

Yup, I had to buy V4 for it. I'm going to try to load again from scratch and see what happens.

edited December 1969

I reloaded and this time it looks like the lines were gone but the lower half of the body is still a different color than the upper body. So not sure what's going on.