aniMate

taraque2013taraque2013 Posts: 79
edited December 2013 in New Users

Hi again. I just found out that I already have aniMate 2. It came with Daz 4.6 but you have to register it. Well I did that, but it still says disabled. I went to help; about installed plug-ins; clicked on aniMate; copied the serial number; It said to restart Daz and I did, but when I go back to it, it's gray and still says disabled. Knowing that I would have a lot of other problems that I needed help with, I kinda didn't want to have to ask how to do this seemly simple thing, but it took hours just to learn that I already had it but it wasn't registered. So I am forced to use another lifeline now. So can someone help me out?

So I looked on the log and it says Could not activate animate 2 evaluation. Plug-in disabled. Error writing author data! What does it mean and how do I fix it? Please help.

Post edited by taraque2013 on

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

I believe they give you that program for a 30 day evaluation only after that you have to buy the program....How long have you had Studio up and going??? Trish

• taraque2013taraque2013 Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

I've only been doing this for 4 days. And I can't figure out what is wrong. Can you help?

edited December 2013

Did you try to type the serial number in manually??? sometimes that helps...you said you clicked on animate and got the serial number??? That info should be listed in your account....

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Yes! I even used CAPS and small caps. I'm thinking of just uninstalling and reinstalling. I've been bogged down with this since noon yesterday.

edited December 1969

When you go to the aniMate 2 in Daz products they tell you how to unlock the free software that was already installed onto your computer. There was no registration button to press. And it was already checked. I just had to put in the serial # and restart Daz.

edited December 1969

mine looks like this and when I click on it ...it takes me to the page to buy the product.....Trish

mine.jpg
    570 x 233 - 49K
    edited December 1969

yeah, I got the # from my account and then went to the help; to aboout installed plugins and then typed the #

edited December 2013

If yours looks like mine and says animate2 this is the product......I think that's just the plug-in to use it once you buy it

starter.jpg
    319 x 675 - 100K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

yes, so does mine, EXCEPT!!! MY GREEN THINGY IS NOT GREEN IT'S GRAY. At first after I put in the # it turns like yellow. That's to signify to restart Daz. But when I do, it goes back to Gray and at the bottom it says that aniMate is disabled

edited December 1969

Once you click it and go to the "about this item" part, it'll say that your Daz 4 comes with it. And then it will tell you how to get it going

edited December 2013

I am sorry I am trying to help you but mine will not work till I buy this animate2 is not free....I will click on mine

ani2.png
    258 x 382 - 145K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Once you click on that picture and go to the bottom, it'll tell you that Daz 4 comes with it. And I think you can update your Daz for free

edited December 1969

ok heres what I get and what it says at the bottom of my page

eval.jpg
    587 x 784 - 180K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Animate 2 is FREE to TRY for 30 days, to get the ANIMATE2 Serial number you must BUY AniMate2. The DAZ Studio serial number does NOT unlock the AniMate 2 plugin.

edited December 1969

Okay so do you think that at the bottom of the aniMate product info, they are telling me that it is already installed but I can't use it til I buy it and then put in the new registration code? I'm starting to think that is what the stuff at the bottom meant. And how did you get a free trial of it?

edited December 1969

Thank you for clearing that up. Now how do I get the free trial and is there an aniMate 1 still out there?

edited December 1969

You killed the Trial by putting IN a serial number that is invalid. I know of NO way to fix that. AniMate2 trial IS built into DAZ Studio now. You could have just used it for 30 days. Then it would have turned into AniMate Lite until you bought AniMate2 and put in a FULL serial number.

edited December 2013

Okay... So what I reinstall Daz pro and maybe that will reboot my animate 2? So shouldn't I still have aniMate lite?

edited December 1969

I very much doubt it. The invalid serial number is now Perm on your PC only buying AniMate2 will fix you I think. But you can try.

edited December 1969

Thanks alot I don't mind so much of messing it up, that's part of being a newb. I can now go to sleep and figure out what else I don't know before I mess that up too. I never saw the animate tab. was it in windows\panes and now that I don't have it it disappeared? Cause there isn't even a non-colored area for the animate tab to be selected. Well anyway I still have to put in 3 hours of Skyrim before I can go to sleep. They sent me all the way across the continent while I was sleep yesterday, so I gotta get back. Thanks again. Good night!

edited December 2013

Yes AniMate is in the Windows Pane(Tabs) I keep mine docked to the Bottom of my viewport.

Here it is closed and opened...

Capture-002.png
    1111 x 375 - 74K
    Capture-001.png
    1026 x 77 - 17K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 2013

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Well uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work, now they won't even let me reinstall. I'm gonna send in a contact us request, but this is really starting to upset me. Cause I never saw the animate 2 at the bottom and there is no room for it or the lite version in the windows pane. And now they won't even let me get the free 4.6 reinstalled? I've been on this for way too long.

Who's 'they'?
    Might be a good idea to run a scan, even via the Microsoft updates - removal tool. [if your using a Windows computer].
    If you installed via DIM, you can uninstall via DIM. If you installed manually, turn off the CMS, you can uninstall CMS, and D/S ... and then reboot the computer and then reinstall the program which will then reinstall the CMS.
    And again, if on Windows, right click on the installer and run as Admin.

AniMate2 also comes in a bundle with aniblocks and is a better deal if you wish to wait for them to go on sale sometime next year.

About the 'no room for it' ... to get it as a tab, go up to the top of the program, "Windows > Panes/tabs > AniMate [click on that] ... then dock it on the bottom. Or put it near the bottom stretched out. Next time you open D/S, hopefully it'll be docked there. [the docking bit is quirky on my laptop].

edited December 1969

Thanks, I'm just gonna buy the actual aniMate2 since I will need it anyway after the 30 days. When I go to Windows>Panes/tabs, there is never a thing that says aniMate.

edited December 1969

After you ran the purchased installer there should be.

edited December 1969

You might need to set your Layout to one of the Advanced layouts to get ALL items on the Menu's. Try City Limits from the Windows> Layouts> section.

• Nightraven65Nightraven65 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Ok I seem to be suffering the same problem, only installed Daz3D couple of days ago, definitely had an animate options tab next to the Timeline tab, and even successfully used it to crate some walking animations, this was last night.

Cannot say this 100% but am pretty sure it said Animate Lite and not Animate 2 on that tab.

For certain I have never tried to input any serial number for it into Plugins window, only discovered that plugin window just now after reading this post, and the Animate thing has been missing since I tried Daz3D again today.

When I open the Plugin window it has the Status Icon for Animate 2 greyed out and in the info pane at the bottom says 'Evaluation Disabled', this has to be some kind of bug?
    Not very impressed f your telling me that's it and there's nothing you can do, do you think after 30 days it will revert to this Animate Lite function anyway, or will my copy of Daz3D now never have that?

Have attacked a picture showing my Plugin window with the Animate 2 plugin selected.

Animate_Plugin_Bug.jpeg
    754 x 729 - 89K
    edited December 2013

As it used to revert to animate lite, that's why we were thinking it still should be doing that. As this appears to be happening to more people now, yes it might be a good idea to query CS about the matter. As I have the $plugin, I have the AniMate2 showing.

If it's not showing any manner of getting Animate lite working, then no it won't happen on its own in 30 days.

edit to add: they may have discontinued the trial? Checking the free stuff, the free trial for animate2 is no longer there either.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

I think the Free trial was only for a certain time after AniMate2 was released. It might be over now. Only DAZ 3D can answer that for sure or not.

• Nightraven65Nightraven65 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Last night I completely uninstalled Daz3D, including the Content manager and Install manager, and then did a search for Daz3D and manually deleted any remaining folders.

This morning I reinstalled and now I have AniMate Lite tab available again next to the TimeLine tab when in Pose/Animate mode.

Under the 'About Installed Addons' for Animate 2 it now shows as Evaluation Days Remaining 0

So at least I have AniMate Lite back for now, will be interesting to see if it vanishes again later, but its a bit sucky that I haven't had any trial of Animate 2.

Have raised a ticket about it anyway and will see what they say.