Make Halloween things in October

Salons, digging equipment, urban things... Where's Josh Crockett? Where are other creators of monsters and spooky things? So, I'd suggest that we get cool monsters male and female. There are so many types of creatures and spooks that either do not exist in Daz or do but are old, outdated and frankly, lame, by today's standards. Anyway, my two cents!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811

They do tend to leave the seasonal stuff a bit late then wonder why not sold

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,151
    edited October 2019

The month is more than half over, so I'm guessing nothing will be released this month that wasn't already in production before you posted this thread.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • Gordig said:

The month is more than half over, so I'm guessing nothing will be released this month that wasn't already in production before you posted this thread.

An optimist, eh? Lol well the suggestion stands for all future Halloweens as well, unless you mean that this is the last one...
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811

well I am optimistic Chistmas stuff as usual will turn up on or after Dec 25

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,151
    unless you mean that this is the last one...

You can't prove it won't be!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Well, for what it's worth, I have at least one monstery thing which will probably come out before Halloween.

Not SPECIFICALLY Halloween-ish, but...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Actually, as someone who is always short of time, Halloween products would be nice if they were in the store towards the end of September,  and Chritmas items would be more useful if they were available in November,  giving the slower working or overstressed to get the seasonal images done in time.  

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

I can't speak for other vendors but my problem is that I only really get inspired for a holiday close to the holiday. At which point it's too late.

I've thought occasionally of just making something and holding it for a year, but that would make me nuts.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

I was hoping for more of this but halloween is almost here already

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I'm not much of one for holiday stuff myself, but I couldn't help notice that Renderosity has been promoting Hallowe'en items for two or three weeks now, with a lot of new stuff, too.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

Do you mean Halloween stuff going on sale or being released as brand new products?

Cause I think the idea is to buy the stuff that's already out.

X-mas stuff dropped late last year and I grabbed it anyway- for this year! lol

--------

I mean, what Holiday related thing is missing from the catalogue?

I think we need an Hallowwen-scary Medieval Hallway.

And a waiting-on-the-corner-on-Christmas-Eve bustop. I really do.

• Do you mean Halloween stuff going on sale or being released as brand new products?

Cause I think the idea is to buy the stuff that's already out.

X-mas stuff dropped late last year and I grabbed it anyway- for this year! lol

--------

I mean, what Holiday related thing is missing from the catalogue?

I think we need an Hallowwen-scary Medieval Hallway.

And a waiting-on-the-corner-on-Christmas-Eve bustop. I really do.

I don't mean going on sale.  I am saying spooky, haunted, monsterous, creatures, ghouls, ghosts, the macabre, and on an on.  As people pointed out Renderosity seems to have a lot going on this Oct.  I have not seen much here.  Josh released a yeti... which was not really what I would have expected for Halloween, but otherwise, we have not been seeing a lot of monsters.  In regards to what you say about "missing from the catalogue", well, lots.  Anything really.  Anything that any artist can potentially conceive of that is not there.

I am also saying in my OP that Daz has a TON of stuff for it in relation to horror, scary, Halloween and so forth, but sadly, a majority of Daz monster and scary models are for the junk genesis.  Like Genesis 1, 2, the V and M 4's.  Bad texturing and detail by today's standards.  We do have about 10 different werewolves, but there are so many potential monsters we either do not have or only have older versions of, or only have male versions of.

Remember these are male AND female:

Spider Humanoid Monster (think WoW Nerubian)
    Mantis Humanoid Monster
    Cockroach Humanoid Monster
    Fly Humanoid Monster

Mushroom Monsters (lots of things you could do with this one going from more mushroom to "The Last of Us" infected type things)
    Plant/Pod People (Pretty much the same, with plant tendrils and vines coming out of people's head, eyes, mouth and such)

Octopus (Like Dungeons and Dragon's Mind Flayers)
    Crab Humanoid
    Lobster Humanoid
    Fish Humanoid

Slime people

Harpy

Alligator
    Snake (like Snake Men from Master of the Universe)

And then anything else the imagination can spawn that is monstrous.  And, even if there is already a cool scary clown like Josh's, what would stop anyone from making more or making female ones?  Even though we already have a nosferatu for genesis 8, why not more?  Why not update old Genesis models into genesis 8 with new and better Iray textures and so forth?  The main reason for this post is that as a horror creator, this is my favorite time of year and when I look forward to seeing cool new things here that I can buy and use.  But... when I log on every day and 95% of what is new this month is not even dark, evil, morbid, scary, so forth, I become disenchanted and thought I'd make a thread to voice my opinion is all.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

when I log on every day and 95% of what is new this month is not even dark, evil, morbid, scary, so forth

Lucky you. There was a time when EVERYTHING was demon related. It was weird.

Your list isn't really related to Halloween - but I guess you just want more monsters!

I like that request!!!!!

I'm scared of the spider-half woman though.

---

On another note, I don;t know if Daz (the imaginary place where we buy stuffs as one single entity)  thinks in terms of generations.

I sorta do as I'm solidly about Genesis 3 stuff. But imagine I discovered Daz earlier and was all about V4 era products.

Life would be wonderful/

And so many power users- use old stuff and flip it into new stuff with custom shaders and textures and what not.

Frankenstein in Frankenstein so an update.

I think about that too and just buying ALL the genesis-generation poses so I don't have to convert and use the library of products that are compatible with that generation of figure.

Once I search with the filter, I only get compatible results and if my library is large enough, it's not a big limitation.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

I was really hoping for Daz Cat 8 being released on or before Halloween. Guess thats not happening.

• Salons, digging equipment, urban things... Where's Josh Crockett? Where are other creators of monsters and spooky things? So, I'd suggest that we get cool monsters male and female. There are so many types of creatures and spooks that either do not exist in Daz or do but are old, outdated and frankly, lame, by today's standards. Anyway, my two cents!

Still here doing my thing...

• I am rather fond of the junk genesis as you describe it as it is both male and female and lent itself to monsters and creatures and honestly think it's a shame no longer catered for, new is not always better n00bs only seem to think so

Salons, digging equipment, urban things... Where's Josh Crockett? Where are other creators of monsters and spooky things? So, I'd suggest that we get cool monsters male and female. There are so many types of creatures and spooks that either do not exist in Daz or do but are old, outdated and frankly, lame, by today's standards. Anyway, my two cents!

Still here doing my thing...

And you rock at it, sir!