LAMH Real Fur and Black Panthers for DAZ Big Cats 2: requirements and hints

Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
edited January 2014 in The Commons

Hello, as mentioned also in the product store page notes, I'd like to reinstate that in order to use the Real Fur and Black Panthers LAMH presets you will need one of the two:

- latest LAMH Free Player 1.06.6P (BTW, check your DIM because we are submitting a new and improved version in the next days; if you are eager to try it, you may grab current beta here: http://www.furrythings.com/lamh-free-player-beta-versions-get-public/)
- latest Look at my Hair full Release Candidate version available at: http://bugzilla.look-at-my-hair.com

The promo's have been produced using a UE2 light with Shading Rate = 1, one Distant Light with raytraced shadows, and Render Settings as follows:

Max Ray Trace Depth: 4 / Pixel Sample: 8 / Shadow Samples: 8 / Shading Rate: 0.1

If you have questions or need support please contact me at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace _at_ with @) as I don't frequent forums often. Thanks.

Post edited by DZ_jared on

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Here are the rest of the promo images.

popup_3.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 423K
    popup_1.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 470K
    popup_8.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 618K
    popup_7.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 424K
    popup_6.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 618K
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Saber tooth is my favorite totally ready for the stone age, Great work guys !!!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Can I ask why a Max Ray Trace depth of 4? I find that overkill just for fur IMHO.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Those presets are indeed impressive. Thank you!

PS Are there any chances of getting presets for Anubis and any kind of primates out there please? Or maybe even contacting DarioFish to collaborate on a fur set for his orc morphs?

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

couldn't you have passed on this product? now I have to buy the big cats now instead of waiting for it to be in fastgrab *lol*

now if someone would create a coyote... I might just have a few bucks left after buying the cats and the panther and the fur and.... ok, maybe no money left :D

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Can I ask why a Max Ray Trace depth of 4? I find that overkill just for fur IMHO.

It will make a difference. Usually a MRT depth of 2 will do, but with hairs, given how thin they are, a 4 value will give better results and enhance anti-aliasing. At least from my render tests.

edited December 1969

Those presets are indeed impressive. Thank you!

PS Are there any chances of getting presets for Anubis and any kind of primates out there please? Or maybe even contacting DarioFish to collaborate on a fur set for his orc morphs?

I'll see what I (we) can do :) I'll let you know once I contact DarioFish. What primates models would you like to see furred? DAZ Gorilla already has a preset for it.

edited December 1969

Szark said:

It will make a difference. Usually a MRT depth of 2 will do, but with hairs, given how thin they are, a 4 value will give better results and enhance anti-aliasing. At least from my render tests.Is this RiCurve thing as I thought anti aliasing was controlled via the Pixel X and Y sample rate. I cannot use LAMH with my computer and struggle to use a MRT depth of 2 for any scene so I cannot test these things for myself. The reason I am interested as I am gearing up for the future when I can make good use of LAMH.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Szark said:

It will make a difference. Usually a MRT depth of 2 will do, but with hairs, given how thin they are, a 4 value will give better results and enhance anti-aliasing. At least from my render tests.

Is this RiCurve thing as I thought anti aliasing was controlled via the Pixel X and Y sample rate. I cannot use LAMH with my computer and struggle to use a MRT depth of 2 for any scene so I cannot test these things for myself. The reason I am interested as I am gearing up for the future when I can make good use of LAMH.

Just curious, what are your computer specs? These presets are set on 1,5M hairs (even if that amount can be changed): that can be quite intensive on old hardware, especially 32bit systems.

edited December 1969

It is not so much the specs but how old and tired the things is. My main machine went pop on new years eve and this is a borrowed machine. I can't render much in DS4.5+ and haven't been able to for sometime. I can run DS3A still but even that will crash if I make the scene too big or up the settings.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    As an aside from cats for a moment, I was wondering if anyone had tried building a LAMH preset for the 9mbi fox? I can't seem to get the Lyne fox to work (due to it needing UVMapper, and running on Mac OS X primarily), and I like the 9mbi fox.

So I'd love to know if anyone who's played with setting up LAMH presets has tried to work with that fox at all...?

Thanks muchly for any info and/or pointers!

— Morgan

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox that's a tad off topic...I have the 9mbi fox but why not use its transmapped fur? I think i remember starting a fur map for it before my comp died earlier... can see about working on that and a few other things soon

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So wish I had seen this thread before my first tests with LAMH Player (old). I get it to work but it is needing some user work a rounds.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

Jaderail what problems? can you pm me? thanks :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    So wish I had seen this thread before my first tests with LAMH Player (old). I get it to work but it is needing some user work a rounds.

Hi JadeRail, if you wish you may email me at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace _at_ with @). I'll try to help to settle that.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

ok do I need the latest beta to use this?
    as the LAMH presets which I eventually found hidden in my library under breeds not my LAMH presets thx to DIM do not match the geometry

edited December 1969

ok do I need the latest beta to use this?
    as the LAMH presets which I eventually found hidden in my library under breeds not my LAMH presets thx to DIM do not match the geometry

Hi Wendy, use latest LAMH Player beta (see first post in this thread).

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

I was kind of hoping to export as geometry and use transfer tool as I do on hairs I create
    does the player do this?
    see this video using head hair RIGGED with childbones as springbones in iClone to see the sort of stuff I do
    I tend to avoid software betas have the current LAMH from my purchased downloads

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

I was kind of hoping to export as geometry and use transfer tool as I do on hairs I create
    does the player do this?
    see this video using head hair RIGGED with childbones as springbones in iClone to see the sort of stuff I do
    I tend to avoid software betas have the current LAMH from my purchased downloads

Hi Wendy,
    We've asked that the player beta be moved into the store since no one has reported problems with it. So it will be "non-beta" very soon.

Kendall

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio crashes anytime I try to load in one of the Real Fur breed presets, but only if there is something else in the scene. It loads into an empty scene just fine. If I load the cat first, then load in other items, I'm fine until I try to save, then it crashes again.

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    DAZ Studio crashes anytime I try to load in one of the Real Fur breed presets, but only if there is something else in the scene. It loads into an empty scene just fine. If I load the cat first, then load in other items, I'm fine until I try to save, then it crashes again.

Please make sure that you have the latest version. see: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33792/

Kendall

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 2013

I have the latest version and I cannot load one of these without an immediate crash. i7 , 12 gigs RAM, GeForce GTX 460. Everything updated and not other issues. I click to load and and get an instant crash. It does not even begin to try and open.

The RC is installed as instructed.

If I remove LAMH and use the free player could that be a temporary workaround?

Post edited by Blaine91555 on
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

After installing the update per Kendall and uninstalling the free player, everything works as it should. I was able to load the kitty and the girl and a backdrop, render it, save it, the whole kit and kaboodle. Thanks for the help!

Gen5FMix.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

My apologies. I seldom use Studio and it was my bad. It's all OK. Open in "Breed" and then open again in "AM". I misunderstood since everything is labeled actor. I thought I could just click on the item in "AM" not thinking the hair is a separate actor.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

I purchased the LAMH plug in when it came out, but iirc, there were a lot of hoops to jump through to get it running. Access codes and what all.

Well I cannot find any of those now. So even if I re-download and reinstall it I'm going to need new key codes or whatever, unless the serial number in my account will be enough to satisfy it. As I remember it, however, it needed something else as well.

Or I could deinstall it altogether and just run the new player once it reaches the store. Given that I am more likely to be using presets than building new hair models on things, that might be a better option, if it actually works.

So; the main question is; am I correct in my recollection that I need yet another access code to make the plugin work? Something *more* than just the serial number?

Secondary questions, has there been any issue with the full version plugin with the current version of Studio? I think Studio has been updated twice since I purchased the plugin.

Third question; the player is clearly being updated. Does that mean that the player is more likely to work than the plugin is?

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    I purchased the LAMH plug in when it came out, but iirc, there were a lot of hoops to jump through to get it running. Access codes and what all.

Well I cannot find any of those now. So even if I re-download and reinstall it I'm going to need new key codes or whatever, unless the serial number in my account will be enough to satisfy it. As I remember it, however, it needed something else as well.

Or I could deinstall it altogether and just run the new player once it reaches the store. Given that I am more likely to be using presets than building new hair models on things, that might be a better option, if it actually works.

So; the main question is; am I correct in my recollection that I need yet another access code to make the plugin work? Something *more* than just the serial number?

Secondary questions, has there been any issue with the full version plugin with the current version of Studio? I think Studio has been updated twice since I purchased the plugin.

Third question; the player is clearly being updated. Does that mean that the player is more likely to work than the plugin is?

All you do is follow the steps you did before. The serial in your account you use for the install code or w/e LAMH calls it when you start the activation process, and then you just go from there.

edited December 1969

HI JOdel,
    The 1st code is generated by your computer.
    The 2nd code is from DAZ.
    enter those into the LAMH registration site and you get a code to enter. Save the .cfg file that LAMH will save into your LAMH folder and you'll not have to do it again.

Just a one time operation.

If you've purchased the 1.0 Full Plugin, then you are eligible to get the latest Release Candidate for free from the LAMH support sites. The 1.07 contains the player built in.

Kendall

JOdel said:

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I'll make a point of downloading and reinstalling, then. Probably some time later in the week.

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Thank you. I'll make a point of downloading and reinstalling, then. Probably some time later in the week.

Remember, that we're always here if you need assistance.

Kendall

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    After installing the update per Kendall and uninstalling the free player, everything works as it should. I was able to load the kitty and the girl and a backdrop, render it, save it, the whole kit and kaboodle. Thanks for the help!

This looks great btw.