DAZ Big Cat 2 Discussion Thread (Formerly Big Cat 2 Sneak Preview)

DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
edited January 2014 in The Commons

Hey, did I ever tell you guys about the time I got to pet a lion? Well it was pretty awesome.
Oh hey, did I ever tell you about the time I pet a cheetah? You should have been there, it was great.
Did I mention at some point in my life I pet a tiger? Yup its true.

To commemorate these moments in my life, DAZ 3D TimeLife division is releasing the commemorative Big Cat 2. You can join in the fun and purchase the Big Cat 2 for 9 easy payments of $9.99.

But wait, there's more. Browse through this thread and we'll make not one, not three but TWO payments for you. Making the total cost only 7 easy payments or $12.99

Please note that prices listed in this thread will do not reflect the actual price of the Big Cat 2.
Please also note that I really did pet a tiger and a lion and a cheetah, and I feel like we should acknowledge that.

**Edit** I've moved this thread to the commons rather than start a new discussion thread. The DAZ Big Cat 2 has officially launched and is available here: http://www.daz3d.com/daz-big-cat-2

Feel free to continue your regularly scheduled discussion, ask questions etc.

Post edited by DZ_jared on

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,245
    edited December 1969

will there be a Liger morph?

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Here's some more images.

pop-up08[DAZBigCat2].jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 255K
    pop-up07[DAZBigCat2].jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 319K
    pop-up06[DAZBigCat2].jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 323K
    pop-up05[DAZBigCat2].jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 387K
    pop-up04[DAZBigCat2].jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 316K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Oh, this is going to be mine, mine I tell you!!!! ;)

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

This has been a long time coming - thank you! Merry Christmas to me!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Jared... I think I love you *grins* these are amazing !

Have to ask though, will there be a snow leopard? and perhaps a white tiger too? Och and the real fur for Look at My Hair, is not a requirment to use these cats is it? Cause I still haven't got the free player to work without crashing Daz, and well.. not willing to pay for a program when the fre version work like that :)

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Jared... I think I love you *grins* these are amazing !

Have to ask though, will there be a snow leopard? and perhaps a white tiger too? Och and the real fur for Look at My Hair, is not a requirment to use these cats is it? Cause I still haven't got the free player to work without crashing Daz, and well.. not willing to pay for a program when the fre version work like that :)

LAMH is only required for the real fur product for Big Cat 2.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 2013

These look so pretty, I especially love the cheetah!
    I pet an Amour panther once.
    She had cubs and it did not like me very much (it scratched me, but it was her right to do so).
    I am going to drop a naughty question here: will there be an upgrade from the Mil house cat as well?

If I'd were to pay upfront, are you willing to toss in a free scratching pole?

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jared, looking forward to work with these beauties

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

Oh wow. I want I want I want.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

I see CUBs !! will there be a cub morph !!!!??????

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I knew these guys who raised a lion cub in their apartment in Silicon Valley. Once he got to a certain size, they worked with a exotic animal range in northern California to have him live there, and they went and volunteered every weekend to be able to visit him. A real sweetheart, but it was still disconcerting to go visit them and have this...lion cub, curled up on the floor in front of the TV with them.

They also briefly (a few weeks) watched after a young female leopard, again in their apartment, but she was MUCH more fierce than their lion. A real firecracker, and very willing to do harm if she got upset, which was often.

This set looks gorgeous, and I can't wait to see what folks do with it!

-- Morgan

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 2013

Oh wow, I have high hopes that this is just the beginning for up grades to the Millennium dog and house cat :D but that is just my big dreams no idea mind you of what is coming down the path.

Will there be a mountain lion included? This set will be mine regardless but just curious.

As a side note I was able to pet a Mountain lion once she was almost full grown and a big sweet heart and she was just purring. I asked my dad if I could have one and he just gave me a look like I was an idiot lol (I was almost 18 at the time and so knew better than to ask that question lol), but it is an experience I will never forget.

Post edited by JennK on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a big black kitty, aka a panther. Rawr!

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

This looks fancy and I do need me some animals in my runtime. I have like...0 >_>

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

This is awesome, so very much needed.

Has the LAMH player been updated, the last time I tried to do anything with it was crashing again.

edited December 1969

I think the skin texture will be released as a separate product.

Follow_Your_Dreams.jpg
    946 x 761 - 151K
    edited December 1969

I have to ask: is that you?!

edited December 1969

DAZ_Cameron, myself and with the Big Cat 2 - Thailand version.

DSC03838.png
    2000 x 1500 - 5M
    DSC03836.png
    2000 x 1500 - 5M
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    I have to ask: is that you?!

Haha, the tiger skinned one is DAZ_cameron, I'm the one in the red shirt.
    edited December 1969

And here is DAZ_Clint

DSC03764.png
    2000 x 1500 - 4M
    edited December 1969

Oh wow, seems you guys are taking real-life studies for your DAZ creatures.
    And omg, those cubs are adorable.
    You guys look like good friends, nice to meet you!

*cough new housecat cough*
    Don't forget to post some reallife pictures when you guys are working on that!

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

those are gorgeous

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

Died from adorable overload.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Whoa, very VERY cool pics!

Now that's an awesome perk of DAZhood. :)

-- Morgan

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

Sweet. Will there be some Battle Cat armor!?

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Why do I have the sinking feeling that these kitties, like the Horse 2, are going to be Studio only with, if we are lucky, DSON Import into Poser? :sigh:

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Why do I have the sinking feeling that these kitties, like the Horse 2, are going to be Studio only with, if we are lucky, DSON Import into Poser? :sigh:

I hate to think you're right Byrdie, but I suspect you are. Too bad too, as big game cats are a favorite of mine.

If they are NOT going to be DS 4.6 only Jared, could I request a Snow Leopard texture too? I happen to like them better than the African Leopard textures everyone is so used to seeing.

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Oh! I want! I want! Yes, put them right there under my Christmas tree please. Fantastic work on these.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Big kitties!

Definitely looking forward to LAMH presets, all we need is the new LAMH version to use them on...

Will this fix the dodgy-looking paw/toe and the weird leg bends in the old MBC? I was never really able to get it to sit properly with its hind legs folded anything like the real critter does it.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Here, kitties, kitties :) Come to me :)

Definitely looking forward to this one :cheese: