zBrush Transform Active Symmetry does not work posed.

RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I happened to noticed that Transform Active Symmetry X
Does not work on Genesis V5 Super Model when she has been posed.

Have not testesd with any other Genesis morph.

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Ummm that is very broad. Show us a pic or explain exactly what it is you are trying to do in Zbrush and what is not working in daz or on Genesis. Are you talking about active symmetry creating a morph or what?

• RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Using
    zBrush 4R3 32 bit
    D/S Pro 4.0.3.47 64 bit

Don't remember this exactly

Probabaly had V5 polycount rased around 4 million.
    Using zBrush sculpting brushes.standered,clay was sculpting on v5.

Was not making morphs ,guess that would be the move brush.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

What do you mean posed? if you sent a posed figure to ZBrush then it's to be expected that symmetry in ZBrush will not work - the posed figure isn't symmetrical.

edited December 1969

RorrKonn said:
    Using
    zBrush 4R3 32 bit
    D/S Pro 4.0.3.47 64 bit

Don't remember this exactly

Probabaly had V5 polycount rased around 4 million.
    Using zBrush sculpting brushes.standered,clay was sculpting on v5.

Was not making morphs ,guess that would be the move brush.

Sounds like you are subdividing your model. Also before you send genesis to zbrush it must be set on base with no subdivision. Also when you work on genesis in Zbrush subdivide smooth modifier MUST be turned off. You can subdivide in zbrush to work on but before returning to Daz subdivision must be set back to default.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited July 2012

Yup, staying vigilant about remembering to turn off sub-D before exporting and then once imported, clicking OFF the smoothing modifier in ZB is pretty important. I've made plenty of mistakes and still can't keep those two operations in my head all the time! lol

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

When I try ( Transform / Use Poseable Symmetry ) on DAZ Genesis ,I get

Symestry results 7.21393% symestry points found. symestry map was not stored.

The mesh topolagy looks mirrored.

Do we have any tools ,that makes a mirrored mesh symestry correct ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard : zBrush can model on posed figers.

Zev0 : Zbrush subdivide smooth modifier MUST be turned off. Your talking about the Geometry tools right ?

RAMWolf the forum post with your tutorail where you made a monky morph ,You have the URL ?
    You would not beleave how much trouble I have had with learning DAZ.
    System Requirements alt to read and a iq 20+ higher then Rorrkonn's.

edited December 1969

Found a Dynamic Clothing tutorial made buy DAZ on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHWsD7Km2z4

it's for a older version of D/S

In D/S Pro 4 64 bit where is dynamick cloth ?

----------------------------------------------------------------

To make micro displacement maps in zBrush you half to model on V5.
    Could not make those public huh ?

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,750
    edited December 1969

RorrKonn said:

Richard : zBrush can model on posed figers.

It can model on any object...but if you want to use symmetry, then it has to be symmetrical...any natural pose is not symmetrical so it wont work for you.

R

edited December 1969

RorrKonn said:

Found a Dynamic Clothing tutorial made buy DAZ on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHWsD7Km2z4

it's for a older version of D/S

In D/S Pro 4 64 bit where is dynamick cloth ?

Window>Panes(Tabs)>Dynamic Clothing

edited December 1969

I can confirm that the posable symmetry option isn't working with Genesis (at all, it's a function of the base mesh, not of the morphs or poses applied). Presuambly this means that the mesh isn't full symmetric, at least as it is going to ZBrush. Symmetry on a zeroed figure does break on eight polygons in the upper arms on a zeroed Genesis, which may be the issue.

edited December 1969

WOW.. now that sucks. Are you saying that morphs created using symmetry in ZBrush don't work exactly as they should when applied to the figure in DS Richard?

edited July 2012

They work perfectly fine. If you come across any poly breaks just gently smooth it out. I have not come any issues yet in my countless custom morphs using zbrush. Haven't had any poly breaks using symmetry as well.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

I thought as much but curious as to what Richard was referring to then.

edited December 1969

lol me too.

edited December 1969

Perhaps he was referring to that trick of posing one arm up and the other in default, fixing the "arm up" shoulder issue and then sending it back as a correction morph?

edited December 1969

Even with using that technique I still havent encounted any issues.

edited December 1969

I've still not tried that... I'm a little frightened! lmao. Still working on my themes for DAZ3D so it's on hold for now anyways.

edited July 2012

Here is a nice trick of how to get individual mirrored morphs. IE left, right to be dialed seperately and not in symmetry.

1. GoZ genesis in zbrush
    2. go morph target -> mask one half of mesh (exactly) -> go morph target -store MT -> unmask
    3. make morph on one side
    4.export.
    5. mask same half with morph made - go to deformation - smart resym (now the morph is duplicated on other side)
    6. unmask side with morph -> mask other half -> then go morph target -> adjust morph dial till default state appears on other side
    8. export.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

I've been trying to fathom getting an arms up morph for Bruno (and other characters) that would auto fix the strange deformations when the arms are all the way up (hero flight pose or diving) ... I think Richard explained how to do that to me in another thread and it involved exporting Genesis in default AND with only ONE arm up... make your fixes and then export back to DS to apply as an arms up morph with the proper deformations applied. That's a good solution but I think learning ERC would be better since I'd not want to be specifically for Bruno but for any large morphed figure shape. That's why when I read Richard's "Can confirm" note it kinda set me aback as then I thought "there's something off about the symmetry in Genesis" ...

edited December 1969

It's a family tradition Possetta had broken topolagy.

RAMWolf the forum post with your tutorail where you made a monky morph ,You have the URL ?

edited December 1969

Zbrush seems to apply symmetry by spatial position, so the few points that are off aren't going to make a visible different on a zeroed figure. However, ZBrush also has a mode which matches vertices across the chosen axis for a mesh that isn't symmetrical due to posing (it says, I hadn't come across this before and since it didn't work I can't say how it behaves properly) so you could in principle adjust the mesh equally even on a figure exported with a real pose applied. I'm not sure how often that would be useful, but it is a feature that should be there.

edited December 1969

Never made a monkey morph Rorr... I made human morphs. They are not released as of yet!

edited July 2012

Genesis is the first mesh from Poser or DAZ that works like were use to.
    I like the mesh a lot.
    If Genesis is = to or > then any mesh at Turbosquid.
    Don't see why any of the others where not like the mesh.
    Could open up a new market for DAZ.
    Would be kool if DAZ could list a string of block buster movies Genesis stared in.

DAZ done a killer job with Genesis 5 .Think maybe they could fix the broken geometry with Genesis 5.1.

Post edited by RorrKonn on