Name shift?

JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Okay, I've been digging through my Itemized Order History and resetting and redownloading the items which were originally in the old OS 9 VISE installers. For the most part, it's just been a slog. But I've got a handfull of products which I can't find, because the names in the list don't match the names on the old installers. A couple of those I managed to find by looking for alternate possibilities, but I've got a few which just don't show up at all. Has anyone got an idea of what names I *ought* to be looking for?

Bonsai Tree: I see a Bonsai Mappack in the list, but not the base item. What would you call "Bonsai Tree" other than Bonsai Tree?

There are also a couple of things that appear to be texture packages for a number of fluted columns and other bits of garden stonework. The installers are named "Marblecraft" and "Stonecraft". The ReadMes direct one to a "DAZ Elf Nouveau Stone Craft Garden Collection".There are no such entries under DAZ, or Elf, or Nouveau. Neither are there any such entries under Garden, nor, need I say under either Marblecraft, or Stonecraft. So where ought I to be looking?

This probably won't be the last such post. Once the old OS 9 installers get replaced, I get to start on the OS X VISE installers. And there are *lots* more of those.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure that the DAZ Elf Nouveau Stone Craft Garden Collection set wasn't a forum freebie.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

In an installer? Most of the stuff in the forums download in .zip files. They *might* have been something from the old Freebie collection, though. Those came down in installers. What I have are two installers. The Stonecraft one is probably the base set, the Marblecraft a texture set. I've only been around since 2009, but wherever these came from they are bound to be older than that.

I'll hang onto them until I can get to someone with an old Mac, but as often as not OS 9 installers are dead installers, even if you do get them to old hardware.

I'm shuddering at the amount of mucking about it's going to take to replace all of the OS X VISE installers, but it needs to be done.

• chriscoxchriscox Posts: 45
    edited July 2012

JOdel said:
    Bonsai Tree: I see a Bonsai Mappack in the list, but not the base item. What would you call "Bonsai Tree" other than Bonsai Tree?.

Perhaps it is under "P" for
    Poseable Bonsai Tree
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/poseable-bonsai-tree/

Post edited by chriscox on
    edited July 2012

chriscox said:
    JOdel said:
    Bonsai Tree: I see a Bonsai Mappack in the list, but not the base item. What would you call "Bonsai Tree" other than Bonsai Tree?.

Perhaps it is under "P" for
    Poseable Bonsai Tree
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/poseable-bonsai-tree/

That looks like a strong possibility. Will go digging. Thank you!

ETA: yup, that's it. Won't show in the downloadable items after I hit reset, but I'll give it a bit more time.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure that the DAZ Elf Nouveau Stone Craft Garden Collection set wasn't a forum freebie.

I'm pretty sure it was a freebie of some sort. I got it back in 2004. There's the original prop and then an addon texture set.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

thanks for the info. I think I'll buy this because it would go with my sushi.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited July 2012

I'm not sure it was a freebie. I have it in my Itemized Order History, and I acquired it in February 2008. I keep an Excel spreadsheet for each of my order histories from all the 3D stores I shop at, and I always mark a freebie as such. Besides, back then (and certainly when I first joined in October of 2004), anything downloaded from the freebie archives would not show up in our Order Histories, and since it was in February when I got it, I doubt it had anything to do with a freebie give-a-way as we have during the holidays, and as JOdel mentioned, freebies from the forums weren't installers.

Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

What does your Itemized Order History call it? That's my problem. I can't find it or the texture pack in my Itemized Order History. Whatever it's named there isn't what the product calls itself.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,070
    edited December 1969

JOdel, is this the item you mean? This is a paste from the old Member's Forum (I copy the text when I DL anything from the forum):

MEMBERS FORUM - WELCOME! FREEBIES (in Topic 153)

DAZ Productions, together with Lisa, Laurie and Moyra (your resident PC artists) welcome you to the Platinum Club Members Only section!

We are glad that you chose to celebrate the anniversary of our second Platinum year with us, and we would like to assure you of our continued commitment to positive growth in order to better present you with the quantity and quality of products you have come know and expect from your exclusive Platinum Club membership.

As always, the Platinum Club's objective is to present you with new and exciting projects and extraordinary offerings not available anywhere else, with exceptional new models, textures, environments, plants and poses chosen and created by artists for artists at truly revolutionary member-only prices.

Be sure to check out the 'Sticky's' at the top of the Members Only Forum. There you will find directories to Platinum Club Tutorials, Guest Artist Interviews and Associated Freebies, Platinum Club Newsletters and Forum Freebies.

As a celebratory gift, we would like to offer you, as a Platinum Club Member, the 'Elven Stonecraft' environment props, a DAZ Original Creation with supplemental textures by Laurie S.

(ps_ac549-Stonecraft.exe = 3.63 MB)
    (ps_ac549-StonecraftT.exe = 446 KB)
    (ps_ac548b-Marblecraft.exe = 5.27 MB)

So the good news is, that may be where it came from, but the bad news is: the old Members Forum can't be accessed any more.

edited December 1969

That's deffinetly where it originally came from, I have no recollection of having visited it, but I suppose I must have.

Unfortunately, none of those file names appear in my Itemized Order History. For one thing, nothing in the history now has the leader of ps_a[whatever digits], and since I'm on a Mac it would have been .zip rather than .exe -- and the extension is no longer shown either, if it ever was.

And if I downloaded it from a forum, I can't imagine that it would be in my order history anyway. And even if the old forum could be accessed, the product would probably still be in an OS 9 installer.

In any case, there is nothing in my Itemized Order History entitled either Stonecraft or Marblecraft. And all of this suggests that it isn't in there masquerading under some other name, either. Oh well. I knew I lost a handful of things in the inadvertent disk wipe, these were evidently among them -- unless I can get them to an old Mac and the installers will still run on it.

• JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 2,249
    edited June 2013

if you visit the Members only forum and look for freebies Reloaded Stone craft is in there. It had been a exe but is now a zip due to an update when Platinum Club brought them back.

edited to add link - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8880/

Marble craft is also there.

jen

Post edited by JGreenlees on
    edited December 1969

Got 'em! Thank you!