Genesis Generation X (Upgrade) Installation Problems

Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194

I installed my Genesis Generation X Upgrade to Program Files/DAZ 3D/DazStudio4

I even tried Studio3 but neither work. I open D/S expecting a dialog box to appear asking for my Gen X serial number. Nothing. I try and transfer morphs from Gen 4 figures to Genesis, hoping my new plug-in would be forced to start. Nothing. Uninstalled it and re-installed Gen X. Nothing. I looked in every tab available in D/S and didn't see my new plug-in. Nothing!

Can someone please help me? What am I doing wrong?

Post edited by Knight22179 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

The Upgrade is for those who purchased Gen4Genesis at Rendo. If you didn't, you need Genesis Generation X, not the Upgrade.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194
    edited December 1969

And that's what I have, Gen 4. Bought that when it was still at Rendro. Tis why I bought the upgrade.

edited December 1969

In that case, go to Window > Tabs (Panes) and there should be a "GenX Validation" tab listed.

edited December 1969

Don't see it. Checked and doubled checked. It's not there.

edited December 1969

Try saving your layout and then switching to a different one and see if it shows up.

edited December 1969

Nope, didn't do the trick. :(

• RomancefantasyRomancefantasy Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Once you open the genx tab you validate under tab options. I will try to make a screen cap if you can't find it.

validate.jpg
    975 x 851 - 63K
    Post edited by Romancefantasy on
    edited December 1969

As I said, I can't locate the tab. I looked where Mike said to look and I double checked. It simply isn't there. And I installed it in Program Files/DAZ 3D/DazStudio4.

Don't know why it's not working or showing up. It's just not.

edited September 2012

Sorry, you mean you don't have genx under Window>Tabs ?
    Where do you usually install your plugins? Is Genx listed under installed plugins?

This is where it should be:

window-tab.jpg
    734 x 856 - 64K
    validate_copy.jpg
    975 x 851 - 115K
    installed-plugs_copy.jpg
    800 x 600 - 107K
    Post edited by Romancefantasy on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I don't have the GenX in the Windows/Tabs area either. It was in something new to me, Windows/Panes.

Capture-1.jpg
    331 x 277 - 23K
    edited September 2012

Ahhh, I see where I went wrong. I looked in the Installed Plugins and it wasn't activated. That's why I didn't see it in Windows>Panes.

Activated it, popped open the window. Unfortunately, everything is greyed out. I can't click on anything.

Am I supposed to have V4/M4 in the scene or something? (Genesis loads by default for me).

Edited to Add: Nevermind. I had to validate it with my Rendro order number and username. I figured out how to use it and did a morph transfer test. It works. :)

Sucks that I have to close out D/S though then restart it.

Thanks all of you for helping me out. I really appreciate it. :)

edited December 1969

Glad you figured it all out.

edited September 2012

If it hadn't been for your first screenshot, I don't think I would have. So, thank you! :)

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited October 2012

I'm really confused.
    I just bought this upgrade version too, thinking it was what I needed if I had Michael 4 and V4... it's not? What in the heck is "Gen4 from Rendro"? I can't find any idea what anyone is talking about, I'm not getting the Generation X tab to show up in DAZ either and I'm beginning to think I bought the wrong product and I should have bought the $31 version.... please help.

Okay, I can see enough to know I purchased the wrong product. How do I get a refund?

Post edited by DrowElfMorwen on
    edited December 1969

Gen4 is the name of GenX before it transferred over here. Owners of Gen4 (that bought it while it was still at Rendro), can buy the upgrade because they won't need to buy the full product.

To ask for a refund if you have indeed bought the wrong product, run your mouse over the HELP which is by Products and Community, Click on Contact Us. Submit a help request is the one you want. Make sure you put your order number that the GenX upgrade came with in your Accounts profile. Now, ask for a refund and Daz will give you a refund. :)

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I already bought the other one, now just figuring out how to use it. Trying to transfer Michael 4, I wonder why it offers Michael 4 and Michael 4 [1.0]?
    Also, I wonder if this is also going to convert (or how to get work) stuff like Michael 4 elite or the M4 creature creator pack on Genesis?

edited December 1969

To transfer any of M4/V4's morphs you'll need their Iconic shapes for Genesis. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis

And although you could transfer the Creature morphs to Genesis, this is better: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-creature-creator-bundle

If you have any more questions, please ask. I use GenX all the time. I'm no expert, but I'll do what I can to help.

• omen555omen555 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hmmm.... I purchased the gen x but can't seem to find the serial number to validate it lol! Where do I find the serial number?

edited December 1969

Log in, go to "My Account" and across the top bar, look for "My Serial Numbers"

Pow.JPG
    671 x 208 - 32K
    edited December 1969

omen555 said:
    hmmm.... I purchased the gen x but can't seem to find the serial number to validate it lol! Where do I find the serial number?

My Account > My Serial Numbers

• omen555omen555 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

...and there it is. LOL Thanks....for not laughing!

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited December 2013

To transfer any of M4/V4's morphs you'll need their Iconic shapes for Genesis. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis

And although you could transfer the Creature morphs to Genesis, this is better: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-creature-creator-bundle

If you have any more questions, please ask. I use GenX all the time. I'm no expert, but I'll do what I can to help.

Thank you, I do have questions.

I bought...

Genesis Generation X
    GenX AddOn Gen3 for A3 and H3
    V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis
    Stephanie 3 and FREAK Shapes for Genesis
    A3 and H3 Shapes for Genesis
    Gen 3 Iconic Shapes for Genesis

Really I was simply interested in the Aiko 3 and Gen 4 figures. But the bundle was too good to pass up.

After validation, Using the quick guide I opened up the windows/pane tab and Gen X was right there.

I'm not sure if I should've seen the additional figures but I saw nothing of the add-ons.

Further when I hit transfer and loaded Aiko 3 from my Poser runtime, Nothing showed up.

When I loaded Aiko 3 from my DAZ Library, nothing showed up.

Do I need to load a figure into the scene? The Quick guide didn't mention this as a step.

Figure 1 shows the start.
    Figure 2 shows the loading of the figure Aiko 3
    Figure 3 Shows there is nothing there!

Help!

Figure_3.JPG
    666 x 663 - 57K
    Figure_2.JPG
    1060 x 702 - 111K
    Figure_1.JPG
    457 x 640 - 47K
    Post edited by Quietrob on
  • donewsdonews Posts: 51
    edited December 2013

This morning I bought Generation X and M4 V4 shapes.

I installed them, GenX appears in the plugin list, the GenX pane can be loaded but the "validate" option isn't here.

So I can't register it.

If I try to load a figure by drag and drop on the GenX pane, import started but nothing appears in GenX transfer tab.

The transfer box says "figure not supported."

If I click on About Genx, PC is freezed.

I try to unsintall and re install GenX but nothing changed.

Daz and runtime are on an external drive.

May be I don't know how to use it.

What can I do to be sure that GenX works ?

(I installed only DS4_D3DGenX_1.2.0.0_Win64.exe on DAZStudio_4.6.1.17_Win64.exe)

TIA

Post edited by donews on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Did you buy the update version or the full version? The update was for people that bought the original from Renderosity and the validate is for adding the purchase/serial number issued from Renderosity.

edited December 2013

I bought the standard version Genesis Generation X and V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x

I think I have the same problem than quietrob.

I drag and drop Michael 4.cr2 in GenX pane, the transfer starts but nothing appears in Genx pane. And transfer box says "figure not supported".

And I don't register the plugin because I don't have the "Validate GenX option". But it seem working : it appears in green in the Plugins list.

But I never used it. May be I don't understand something about.

That is the message on the transfer box :

GenX - Loading figure: Michael 4
    Loading figure file ...
    Resolving script calls ...
    Figure not supported.

So nothing appears in the GenX pane.

Post edited by donews on
    edited December 2013

I found this solution in the thread :

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9111/

Go to:
    C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX

Copy the contents of that folder to:

(These are windows hidden files. You will not find them in the Daz3D program or runtime directories. In my case both are installed on an external drive, but these files stay on the C:\users directory)

I done it that and now I can lead on the next step : figure is recognized and morphs information appears in the GenX pane.

Be sure I will post a new message when I will meet the next problem ;)

Post edited by donews on
    edited December 1969

donews said:
    I found this solution in the thread :

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9111/

Go to:

Copy the contents of that folder to:

(These are windows hidden files. You will not find them in the Daz3D program or runtime directories. In my case both are installed on an external drive, but these files stay on the C:\users directory)

I done it that and now I can lead on the next step : figure is recognized and morphs information appears in the GenX pane.

Be sure I will post a new message when I will meet the next problem ;)

I still can't GenX to work.

Maybe this is my problem. I can see Gen X in the windows Tab but when I dig into the AppData\Roaming DAZ 3D\Studio4

This is what I see.

I'm lost as to what to do right now. My admin is my user account.

Figure_1a.JPG
    173 x 540 - 29K
    edited December 1969

These are the files I found in C:\Users\my_admin directory and that I copied in the C:\Users\my_user directory.

If you don't have a user account, may be there is an other account in C:\Users where to copy these files ?

I'm really not an expert.

But be patient : computers often sucks but end by working.

edited December 1969

donews said:
    These are the files I found in C:\Users\my_admin directory and that I copied in the C:\Users\my_user directory.

If you don't have a user account, may be there is an other account in C:\Users where to copy these files ?

I'm really not an expert.

But be patient : computers often sucks but end by working.

First off. A quiet PING to Dimension3D aska D3D.

Second. Is there a list of files showing what files should be where with respect to this plug-in?

Should I make new topic?

• finally know where the problem is, the activate in the help -> plugins