Wicked Awesome Summer Sale

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited July 2012 in The Commons

This is the most Wickedly Awesome Summer Sale Ever!

Get ALL NEW Wicked Wear outfits at HUGE introductory DISCOUNT Prices of 50%* OFF!
AND
Get the associated TEXTURE packs at ridiculously low intro prices of 75%* Off.

(Just add the outfit and the textures to your cart together and an extra discount will be applied to bring the price of the textures down to 75%* of their base price)

What??? Can that be right?

YUP! Pick up these Wicked Awesome Outfits at Wicked Low Prices.

But don't delay!

These prices can't stand the heat.

These sales are good for ONE DAZ DAY ONLY!

Now THIS is the DAZ you know and love... Rockin' the New Store!

Check out all the new Wicked Items HERE!

When you purchase the add-on textures, the discount is applied at check-out time!

* includes Platinum Club Discount.

Post edited by DAZ_Brian on

Comments

• Lord MajesticLord Majestic Posts: 51
    edited July 2012

Is it just me or is there something screwed up with the prices of these items?

The Wicked Red Carpet's regular price is $17.95 so 50% off would be $8.98. But it's on sale for $6.28, which is 65% off.

It's texture set, Animal Instinct Textures for Wicked Red Carpet, has a regular price of $14.95, so 75% off would be $3.74. It's on sale for $9.07, that's around 30% off.

The price for both with the 50%/75% offers should be $8.98 + $3.74 = $12.72. The actual price is $6.28 + $9.07 = $15.35.

And yes I've tried putting both in my cart, it's still $15.35. Or don't you get the rest until you actually checkout?

Post edited by Lord Majestic on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I'm not seeing it working. The up-front discounts are weird, but even with that, the Wicked Red Carpet has a full price of $17.95, so should be $8.98, and the Animal Instinct Texture Pack is $14.95, so should be $3.74. That would be a total of $12.72 ($12.71 if rounding is done at the end) when placed in the cart together. Instead I'm seeing $15.35 as the total, even at the purchase step just before paying for them.

I also am curious if you have to buy Dance Fe'vah to get the discount on the texture pack, or if you just have to buy one of the new models. I already have WDF, but at $3.91 for the model and (presumably) 2.99 (75% off) for the texture pack, it would actually make sense to re-buy it just to get the discount.

What am I missing? Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about this, these items are a great deal (and I've already bought the Wicked Red Cape today!)... I'm partially curious if it's been set up wrong, and partially trying to help.

-- Morgan

[Edit: Lord Majestic beat me to it. :) ]

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Please refresh your cart... are you seeing it now?

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Still seems an issue, I have Red Carpet and Animal Instinct textures in my cart and total shows $16.75 ($6.28 for the dress and $10.47 for the textures.) So I'm not seeing it do the correct thing, I don't think. I'm not checking out for now.

I also already have Dance Fevah, but might be interested in getting the textures if there was a way to get the deal, whether including it with the other two products above, or coupon or whatever.

edited December 1969

Greetings,
    The Animal Instinct Texture Pack is now $10.47, instead of $9.07. In Checkout, the amount is now $16.75. (I cleared all DAZ cookies, and deleted my browser cache, to make sure I wasn't caching anything on my end.) If I click through it remains $16.75 to the step just before the purchase.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Greetings,

I also already have Dance Fevah, but might be interested in getting the textures if there was a way to get the deal, whether including it with the other two products above, or coupon or whatever.

+1 to this; I remember the issue with WDF in the first place was the lack of textures (although it was exceedingly inexpensive as a MM item, IIRC) so these'd be great to pick up.

-- Morgan

• BelladzinesBelladzines Posts: 305
    edited July 2012

wicked red carpet does not state what figure its for .. so im going to assume ... Genesis?

Post edited by Belladzines on
  • Lord MajesticLord Majestic Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

Refreshed my cart and it's gone from $15.35 to $16.75 :(

edited December 1969

Hrm... OK.. Let me try some more things... Will let you know when it is safe to try again...

edited December 1969

OK... Looks like someone changed the sale... I fixed it back and it is working for me again.
    Please test and let me know what you see!

edited July 2012

Greetings,
    Now the sale definitely works. It still isn't the same as the percentages above, it's definitely better than them. Instead of the estimated $12.72 for the pair, it's $8.06. It looks like the Wicked Red Carpet is a fixed 75% off at $4.40. Adding the textures triggers a discount bringing the total to 75% off on the textures as well. A sweet deal, although I eventually made the call to pick up the dress alone when it was $6.21 since none of the animal textures appealed to me.

It seems like the WRC is set to a fixed 75% off, instead of 50% (both inclusive of my PC discount). It looks like the combo of texture+model works now, though!

Are the Wicked Dance Fe'vah textures supposed to behave the same, price/combo-wise?

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Looks like it's working here now Kevin! :)

Have the Wicked Cape, Wicked Red Carpet and Animal Instincts for Red Carpet. SubTotal= $18.78. discount=$6.81 and GrandTotal=$11.97.

Seems right to me :) Thanks!

• Angelsfury2004Angelsfury2004 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

wicked red carpet does not state what figure its for? Can someone please advise... my goodness the new site is terrible.... nothing seems to be working right...

edited December 1969

Greetings,
    All of the Wicked items by Xena have been Genesis, and indeed the file itself is named 14341_WickedRedCarpet_1.0_trx.zip which is a Genesis file

I wouldn't complain much, the confusion of prices has worked out to the benefit of folks buying it, and the purchase and download is most definitely working right. :)

-- Morgan

• Angelsfury2004Angelsfury2004 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    All of the Wicked items by Xena have been Genesis, and indeed the file itself is named 14341_WickedRedCarpet_1.0_trx.zip which is a Genesis file

I wouldn't complain much, the confusion of prices has worked out to the benefit of folks buying it, and the purchase and download is most definitely working right. :)

-- Morgan

my complaint was more along the lines of the product not having a complete description for which figure. is to much to ask to have it listed? as for the prices, that is great... i'm simply stating that the old site was better... there have been nothing but issues with the new site...

I will ask however... how can you tell if i file is for genesis?

• Lori_TLori_T Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Because the items were not working properly when I was trying to purchase, I decided to give the textures a miss. What a shame! Obviously it is too late now.

So many things seem to go wrong at the moment, one starts to wonder what has happened to the Daz 3d website.
    One other strange thing has happened... My computer went through a major update yesterday and now I find major difficulty saving web pages and copying text onto a word doc, which I do often to keep important info about a product. The product update forum - sooooo very helpful... is proving highly difficult to copy. I have worked really hard to put every updated product in an excel file because the text does not want to copy. I have used ctrl and ctrl V and also copy/paste - using Internet explorer. There have been no problems on other web sites
    I would be interested to hear from anyone else who has experienced this problem.

Post edited by Lori_T on
  • GrandmaPaulaGrandmaPaula Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

Gosh s gonna buy the whole lot, but I see it is for Genesis/DazStudio use only. As usual.....

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited July 2012

so how much are these item ? I want to know precise prices.

now I can see,

Wicked Dance Fevah Textures Regular Price: $11.95
    Special Price: $8.37
    (this if my first choice, becaus I got wicked dance Fevah)

Get the associated TEXTURE packs at ridiculously low intro prices of 75%* Off

so 75% off means, cut 25% price ?

and when this sale finish? "one daz day" means, it have already fineshed now?
    and the prices now I check is not sale price?

Wicked Red Carpet Regular Price: $17.95
    Special Price: $4.40

Animal Instinct Textures for Wicked Red Carpet Regular Price: $14.95
    Special Price: $10.47

are they correct prices?

and can I apply my PC coupon tickets of this month
    (I do not know exact name of ticket, it can reduce prices 6$)

of this month, these prices?

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

A "DAZ Day" is from the time of announcement through to the end of the following day, DAZ time, so the offer should be good. To get the extra discount you have to put both clothes and textures in your cart together, I think.

edited December 1969

>Richard

I checked it. I throwed both Wicked Dance Fevah and Wicked Dance Fevah texture,
    in my cart, and check out, it seems no change.

the sum of Wicked Dance Fevah Textures Special Price: $8.37
    and the Wicked Dance price $3.98
    did not apply any other discount.

if I should finish order by paypal , then the sum will change,
    it is not reliable for me.

though I have not so much to say about this sale.

I already bought the "Wicked Dance Fevah" on june 20, I do not want to buy it again.
    if I may cancel it ,and I can buy the set of texture and clothing by discount prices,
    it seems good for me, but it is just nuisance for me.

so I stop to buy the texture this time. I just save money for next sales.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2012

The product description could be better for Wicked Red Carpet. I wasn't going to consider buying it because I thought it was for V4.

Even though the product images clearly say Daz Studio Genesis normally the product copy states it very early on. Also the additional info for Wicket Red Carpet is not filled out at all.

Purchased both because the price was so cheap even though I really wasn't supposed to. I really wanted the cape, it seems like its the perfect legnth. I've got a few longer capes for genesis but a short stylish one is nice to have and will get more use.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

I figured it was a Genesis/DS only product when I saw there were only DS format files.

Wicked Wear Red Carpet (.DSF)
    Dress
    1 Shader Texture (DSF)
    Red velvet shaders (close up and distance) as shown in promo's
    Textures Include
    1 Bump Texture (2000x2000)
    DAZ Studio Material Presets (.DSF)

At least the cape stated it was Genesis.

But, customers should not have to play these guessing games.

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

my complaint was more along the lines of the product not having a complete description for which figure. is to much to ask to have it listed? as for the prices, that is great... i'm simply stating that the old site was better... there have been nothing but issues with the new site...

I will ask however... how can you tell if i file is for genesis?

edited December 1969

I want to apologize for all the crazy working, not working that has been happening. Something keeps happening and changing the sales... I have gone back through and fixed them... with that additional discount on Red Carpet some of you noticed when I fixed them before...
    To summarize what you should be seeing (This is based on PC member discount)

Wicked Dance Fevah 75% off
    Wicked Dance Fevah Textures 75% off
    Wicked Red Cape 75% off
    These are PC member only discounts. These items are 30% off for non-PC members.

Wicked Red Carpet 50% off
    Animal Instinct for Wicked Red Carpet 75% off WHEN purchased with Wicked Red Carpet. (Lower percentage off for non-PC members)

If you are seeing something less than this, please post and let us know...

edited July 2012

Hi DAZ_Kevin so tanks! ! but ,,

I feel shop cart system and price is not still correct.

1. I should push Add to cart button sometimes for throw items in my cart.
    and they change prices,,

2 lets see my check,, I am PC member,
    so the price down of wicked text is so nice for me(and I need not same products clothing it thanks a lot!)

then I decide to buy other set of red carpet too, but the price seems change,,and texture of red carpet is not correct,,
    do not you think so?

Animal texture should be "75% off" if I get it with red carpet,,

so it seems, 3.8 or 3.9 $ is right. is not it?

I do not so care about price actually, but want to know how much if I join and enjoy sale,,
    I hope you understand,,

kevin.JPG
    719 x 348 - 35K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

In your total, you should be seeing a discount for the Animal Instinct texture. Are you having a discount applied there? It should be ~ $6.81 discount, right under subtotal.

Hi DAZ_Kevin so tanks! ! but ,,

I feel shop cart system and price is not still correct.

1. I should push Add to cart button sometimes for throw items in my cart.
    and they change prices,,

2 lets see my check,, I am PC member,
    so the price down of wicked text is so nice for me(and I need not same products clothing it thanks a lot!)

then I decide to buy other set of red carpet too, but the price seems change,,and texture of red carpet is not correct,,
    do not you think so?

Animal texture should be "75% off" if I get it with red carpet,,

so it seems, 3.8 or 3.9 $ is right. is not it?

I do not so care about price actually, but want to know how much if I join and enjoy sale,,
    I hope you understand,,

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

So none of these items for the sale will have Poser files included? :( Will there be any poser specific items at all in the sale?

edited December 1969

so,, now I bought first texture for wicked dance feveh.

next, I throw set of the Red carpet.

this time it goes well,, sub toptal change!

BUT,

if I apply PC coupon(I want to use it this sale,,)

the price is not cut 6$,, first no cuts, then next time, I apply it again, cut some prices,,
    but not 6$,, I do not know what daz shop program account the price and coupon,,

I do not want to say more,, so just buy the price without coupon now,,

anyway thanks kevin,, I may use coupon other products,,

kevin3.JPG
    506 x 415 - 31K
    kevin2.JPG
    695 x 463 - 33K
    edited July 2012

OK... fingers crossed that these work better today!
    First... we have the sales from yesterday going until Tomorrow at midnight, instead of tonight. Those sales should be working right now.

AND NOW on to the new stuff.

Purchase Wicked Wear Lace at 50% off

And get Wicked Wear Lace Textures

for 75% off*!

* Includes PC discount

Post edited by DAZ_Kevin on
  • joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
    edited December 1969

Gosh s gonna buy the whole lot, but I see it is for Genesis/DazStudio use only. As usual.....

How do you know? I searched the Wicked Red Carpet 3 times, and no where does it mention who it's for.

Not that I'm doubting you for an instant, just another example of the ineptitude displayed by DAZ since the new management, and the new store came online.

..Joe

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    OK... fingers crossed that these work better today!
    First... we have the sales from yesterday going until Tomorrow at midnight, instead of tonight. Those sales should be working right now.

AND NOW on to the new stuff.

Purchase Wicked Wear Lace

And get Wicked Wear Lace Textures

for 75% off*!

* Includes PC discount

Sorry, but I'm only seeing 50% off as a PC member...

wickedlace50.jpg
    781 x 765 - 279K