Genesis 2 Male downloaded and installed via DIM : The Result

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This is what my Genesis 2 Male looks like after downloading and installing with DIM.

So people of DAZ, I will now uninstall all what I have downloaded so far with DIM (all g2f and g2m stuff) and that was it. If you are not able to create programms that cooperate from the start on without additional corrections by your customers then I am not able to spent my money. I have no nerve to fix pathes or whatever else. Your DS4.6 has a content librariy and searches for installed thinghs in that library but your download and installmanager installes things elsewhere who knows where. I can see the folders, I can see the icons, I can choose for ecample G2Male and the result you can see in the image.

I have no nerve to spend money for things I can`t use, so until you fixed your things I will not buy anything at your store.

Comments

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

Udate, I just wanted to spend around 200$ right now for G2Female stuff but DAZ as I have written above, I have enough, I will spend nothing and have just cleared my card.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Sorry to hear of your DIM issues,

There are still manual downloads available in the Product Library. If you still want to use Genesis 2 you can download the zip files and install them manually. I do everything that way anyway and have had no issues like yours above.

CHEERS!

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    This is what my Genesis 2 Male looks like after downloading and installing with DIM.

So people of DAZ, I will now uninstall all what I have downloaded so far with DIM (all g2f and g2m stuff) and that was it. If you are not able to create programms that cooperate from the start on without additional corrections by your customers then I am not able to spent my money. I have no nerve to fix pathes or whatever else. Your DS4.6 has a content librariy and searches for installed thinghs in that library but your download and installmanager installes things elsewhere who knows where. I can see the folders, I can see the icons, I can choose for ecample G2Male and the result you can see in the image.

I have no nerve to spend money for things I can`t use, so until you fixed your things I will not buy anything at your store.

This falls under user error. Check the locations in the preferences where you installed your content. Chances are they are not where DS can find them, hence the blocks instead of mesh.

I have DIM and it works fast; the only issue I had was when I installed content to the wrong directory and had to uninstall it and reinstall to the right directory and reload the metadata.

edited December 1969

use error...well with DS3 I never had such problems because the install manager knows where to install things so DS3 can find them. There was no need to correct pathes or whatever else. This is Software nothing else.

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

This falls under user error. Check the locations in the preferences where you installed your content. Chances are they are not where DS can find them, hence the blocks instead of mesh.

I have DIM and it works fast; the only issue I had was when I installed content to the wrong directory and had to uninstall it and reinstall to the right directory and reload the metadata.

If it is use error, then explain, why I can see the Icons, the products and all. It must be the right path otherwise you wouldn`t see the stuff in that library folders

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

What I would do is load up DAZ Studio and clear the log. Then open the figure. Then check the log again to get a clearer picture of what's going on.

Or post the log here, maybe someone can point you in the right direction.

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    What I would do is load up DAZ Studio and clear the log. Then open the figure. Then check the log again to get a clearer picture of what's going on.

Or post the log here, maybe someone can point you in the right direction.

works now but I don`t know why, uninstalled all stuff and installed it new and then everything was okay so far