forum desires

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
edited July 2012 in The Commons

please rate your most urgent wants so the forum developers can have somewhere to start fixing it.
I thougt I might start the ball rolling
no attacks, whinging etc, just suggestions :P

tried to edit to add the new posts first option to the poll but apparently I can't
maybe a mod could!

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

I think newest posts should go to the top, I think that is a priority since right now you have to go throw 5 pages to figure out what is going on.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276
    edited December 1969

I think newest posts should go to the top, I think that is a priority since right now you have to go throw 5 pages to figure out what is going on.

Agreed - there are groups I don't read and the 'new since last' means weeding them out as I go down the list. As the forum gets up to speed the list will just get unmanageble, whereas going into the group you want and working down from the top is allot quicker.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220
    edited December 1969

I had to go with "other", the forum should be updating itself constantly and raising the latest post to the first page just as the previous forum did. :-)

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Thanks for starting this poll Wendy

While I would love to have my avatar back, I would rather have my old dark grey background.

:coolsmile:

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Other:

I need email notifications to work (I'm not one of the lucky random people for which it seems to be working).
    I need "permalinks" to work. As it stands, you can't link to a post that's not on the first page of a thread.
    And yes, I need the active threads to float to the top of the thread lists.

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited December 1969

please rate your most urgent wants so the forum developers can have somewhere to start fixing it.
    I thougt I might start the ball rolling
    no attacks, whinging etc, just suggestions :P

tried to edit to add the new posts first option to the poll but apparently I can't
    maybe a mod could!

Yeah, I noticed that with my poll, made a Typo and can't fix it.
    I think that is a Poll setting thing they need to look at.

I voted "Other"
    Suggestions are good, but let's have them get things stable; see my post on Site Issues; then get other things added.

Haslor

• edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    Thanks for starting this poll Wendy

While I would love to have my avatar back, I would rather have my old dark grey background.

:coolsmile:

I agree. The forum feels so sterile without avatars & this annoying white background. :blank: I tried that Color that Site! add on for FF, and didn't like it. The gradient dark gray that I used on the old forums was perfect; I'd like to see that back. I would also add, it would be great if newer posts/posts with recent comments listed first, instead of last like the old forum.
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

That.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry folks, I vote we need our FLAGS back. Then I could post some work. The new TOS is killing me.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited May 2012

Other: Post order, with new-posts threads to the top.

This... whatever this is... is breaking my brain.

Next priority poll, I'll pick...
    ...[sound of crickets]...
    Auuuugh!!! There's just too many! Too many bugs! Not the crickets, they're ok... Kind of soothing, really... as long as they stay out of the house. Then it's strictly catch and release. Unless the cats get 'em first. We just don't get as many crickets since they replaced that field with a smelly restaraunt... and frogs, we used to hear frogs all the time. I miss that... Funny... you never heard the frogs get in a singoff with the crickets. That would've been fun. Yeah, it gets quiet around here... except for all that damned traffic...

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited May 2012

T Jaiman said:

We were talking about how the only thing that's needed to fix things is to Release The Millennium Cow!

Then all will be Right in The Universe.

Post edited by Sockratease on
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:

We were talking about how the only thing that's needed to fix things is to Release The Millennium Cow!

Then all will be Right in The Universe.
    Oh, that's right.

By the way, was there ever a Millennium Cricket? It won't fix anything, Just wondering.

• lithomantislithomantis Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Voted 'other' because the email notification needs to link to the last unseen post. I can't believe that people produce forum software without that function. Sadly, I can believe that Daz bought forum software without that function. The new site is a huge step back wards in many important ways.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

At least you get an email notification! I don't get any! Just the happy newsletters.

Dana

• Docsmith626Docsmith626 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

1. Most recent post at top.
    2. Restore flags.

I can live with the rest till they get around to fixing this poor crippled abortion.

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Newest post goes to the top.
    Link to first new post in the thread.

Coldrake

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Stop breaking URLs. (Currently the software converts a percent sign followed by "20" into a space, which breaks any URL with that three-character string in it.)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

More Smileys and add frownies.

A way to link to smileys from different sites that allow hot linking.

an ability to stay logged in on the forums longer.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

That is a big one that they will be working on.

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    robkelk said:

Excellent! That will finally make things feel normal again. It's really needed.

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    Frank0314 said:
    robkelk said:

Excellent! That will finally make things feel normal again. It's really needed.

Coldrake

I couldn't agree more. It will make our job a lot easier and less time consuming.

edited December 1969

I want all the bugs to go away and never return. (And also not send the post card inviting their cousins and other extended family here after they leave). I hate bugs.

Where can we find out what stuff is being worked on and what is being fixed?

Talking about fixing, Melody, Miss Cupcake, and Lady Gabrielle need to be fixed. Micah is already fixed.

edited December 1969

We are working on trying to get an update on whats being fixed or what been done for everyone.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Also, it would be nice if they made sure they didn't break something else while fixing something. That's standard programming practice, to be sure you don't break something else. I say this because with all the "fixes" they've done in the store, it used to remember that I want to see 60 items per page, but now it always goes back to 15 items per page, even in the same session! One step forward two (or more) steps back.

Dana

edited December 1969

That's the life of custom coding. You fix one thing and another breaks. They are doing the best they can as quick as they can. It will all be fixed eventually. People need to be patient. We've had 3 different stores and two different forums and not a single one went smoothly, so I completely understand what they are going through.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    That's the life of custom coding. You fix one thing and another breaks. They are doing the best they can as quick as they can. It will all be fixed eventually. People need to be patient. We've had 3 different stores and two different forums and not a single one went smoothly, so I completely understand what they are going through.

I thought it was more than that.

I think bugs are nasty.

edited December 1969

I was saying my own personal store and forums.