Clear the timeline

bxochoabxochoa Posts: 13
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am trying to find a way to keep everything as it is in Frame 0, but clear the rest of the timeline. I'd like to accomplish this without going through all of the parts and deleting frames. Any ideas?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Assuming this is DAZ Studio, if you go to frame 0, select your figures and then right-click on the tab of the Parameters pane and pick Clear Animation>Clear figure that should work.

• bxochoabxochoa Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Yes, that worked! Thanks for the help.

BTW, sorry for forgetting to include the program i'm working with.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

I'm having the same problem, but getting a different (unwanted) result. In aniMate Lite, I want to keep what I have at frame 0, but clear everything after it to start another animation from that point. Following Richard's recommendation zeros everything completely instead of restoring me to frame 0. Any way around this?

Thanks.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

In Animate you just Delete all AniBlocks beyond your first block. The Default in Animate for a Zero Timeline is the Figure in the T pose. Only the first Aniblock added will effect the figure, setting the pose to the first frame of the first AniBlock loaded. If you had AniMate2 you could CUT the first block to have only Frame 1 in it and then add blocks after that.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Jaderail... I was afraid of that. See, I started with a previous still scene... not a default T pose, and I'm not using aniblocks. I was trying to avoid taking a $60 plunge for an experiment, but I might have to if I want to investigate animation any further to see if it's for me or not.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

i've discovered a difference between daz timeline and animate timeline
    in the daz timeline you can delete every note you have selected in the Szene tab at once
    in the animate timeline it deletes only one selected node

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited November 2015

Assuming this is DAZ Studio, if you go to frame 0, select your figures and then right-click on the tab of the Parameters pane and pick Clear Animation>Clear figure that should work.

I am attempting this (in Daz Studio, using the Daz timeline).  I select the object (a chair), if I "Clear Selected Item", it just vanishes...not deleted, but no longer anywhere to be seen.

If I chose "Clear figure"..nothing happens.. I still have the @!#!@#!@# animation going.

I've found that "Clear Selected Item" sends the chair to a random location rather than the place it is....if I move it to the correct place....it will still move when the timeline is played.

So, do I have to clear EVERY FRAME?

EDIT: NOPE. Clear every frame, move the chair back to where it needs to be, and IT STILL MOVES ON THE SAME ~!@!~@#!@#!@# PATH IN THE !@#!@#@! TIMELINE.

EDIT x2: I see now it moves the object to 0,0,0 rather than clearing the animation.. so that's real useful at fixing nothing.

Post edited by Scavenger on
  • I see that too, please make a bug report.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited November 2017

The problem with this is that it zeros the figure. That is not the same as removing any animation from frames 1 onwards.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on

I have even tried deleting the frames (set frame count to 1) then save then open again but as soon as I increase the frame number, those pesky animations are back! Just because they had no frames, doesn't mean they were gone.

I have found a work-around, though not a very good one.

At frame zero select everything in the scene and memorise it, then move from frame to frame, at each frame Restore all selected items. This leaves every frame as a Key-frame. Subsequently removing the Key-frames (one by one) leaves some kind of animation behind though not the original one... bizare!

• Have you just tried copying the figure pose from the desired frame (Edit>Copy>Figure) and pasting back after clearing the timeline (Edit>Paste>Paste Figure Pose)? You coudl also save a single frame pose preset and reapply the pose that way

• xXQuatroXxxXQuatroXx Posts: 173

There is a really simple trick you can do in Daz Studio.

• Set total keyframe to 1
    • save it (perhaps give it another name)
    • Close Daz Studio
    • Then re-open Daz with the newly saved file.

BANG! all keyframes gone. Repose character ( s ) if needed by going to: 

Edit > Figure > Zero > Zero Figure Pose

And you good to go again!

Good luck!

• feussifeussi Posts: 11

• Close Daz Studio

Good luck!

Thank you...great idea works like a charm :)

• Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 193

• Close Daz Studio

Good luck!

Now why didn't I think of that?  Thank you, this was exactly what I needed.

• WolfieWolfie Posts: 39

xXQuatroXx said:

• Close Daz Studio

Good luck!

OMG! Thank you! This has plagued me for ages!! Never thought to try this!

~Wolfie~ 

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited December 2023

I can't believe this was an issue in 2012 and it is very much still an issue in [almost!] 2024. On another thread about deleting keyframes, Richard mentioned in 2021: "The timeline is still a work in progress." .... WHY? Do you guys even use the timeline? Do you test it for how usable it is before sending it out to your customers? It's maddeningly frustrating that even TODAY we still cannot just select a keyframe and hit delete. I still haven't been able to follow the weird, convoluted directions for simply trying to delete a keyframe. Why don't you guys look at how Blender does animation timelines and do what they do? It makes SO much more sense. Animating in DAZ Studio just to do dForce simulations is an *utter nightmare*, and every time I see people ask about issues, Richard comes along with some half-baked, unhelpful reply that doesn't explain anything or really get to the root of the issue, and he always asks for screenshots making the person who neds help do even more work instead of just trying to explain what could be the issue, and in my experience the user is doing EXACTLY what they're supposed to be doing--it's DAZ that's the issue. Guys, FIX YOUR SOFTWARE. And for the love of all that is sane, OPTIMIZE IT. This is the ONLY program that runs crappy on my computer and I have a high-end gaming computer with a new (as in REALLY new) RTX graphics card. Animating in DAZ needs to be absolutely overhauled. Scratch whatever scripts you wrote and start over because this is horrendous.

PS. -- Clearing a figure on the timeline literally clears everything about that figure, it's shape, not just the pose--even in DAZ 4.21, and the *keyframe is still there*, so the "solution" isn't a solution at all.

Post edited by DrowElfMorwen on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,727

I know there're still quite a few issues with DzTimline, some are pretty annoying. And I also favor the point related to Blender as a Blender user...

But as per the OP (a common requirement from 2012 up to now...), clearing keyframes except for frame 0 if I understand correctly, it should be always a simple operation in DS... LMB drag to Frame Select keyframe pointers (now they're bigger in 4.22 than older versions..) from frame 1 to the last frame, then hit Delete Selected Keys button. It's the standard function of selecting multiple keyframes... subtract one or multiple keys from selected, with holding Alt key; add one or multiple keys to selected, with holding Ctrl key ~~ 

The same way works for a single keyframe - just simply LMB-click on the keyframe pointer, hit Delete Selected Keys button.

• greywolfgreywolf Posts: 34

crosswind said:

I know there're still quite a few issues with DzTimline, some are pretty annoying. And I also favor the point related to Blender as a Blender user...

But as per the OP (a common requirement from 2012 up to now...), clearing keyframes except for frame 0 if I understand correctly, it should be always a simple operation in DS... LMB drag to Frame Select keyframe pointers (now they're bigger in 4.22 than older versions..) from frame 1 to the last frame, then hit Delete Selected Keys button. It's the standard function of selecting multiple keyframes... subtract one or multiple keys from selected, with holding Alt key; add one or multiple keys to selected, with holding Ctrl key ~~ 

The same way works for a single keyframe - just simply LMB-click on the keyframe pointer, hit Delete Selected Keys button.

That works great except that sometimes there are un-keyed residuals left on the timeline that cannot be removed.  Only way to handle it is to set number of frames to 1, save your project, exit DS, and restart and reload.