M5 shape for M6 and heroic shape for M6

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I like the functionality of M6, but would like M5's base shape and a heroic proportion for M6 to use with gen2. Any chance of this? I know there is already M4 shape and I miss dialing in a little heroic proportion to m6 like I did with m5

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Well there are ways for you to do the M5 shape yourself (with a little work), but would this work for M6?

RidgeTest02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 249K
    AnthonyTest02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 474K
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Sure would work for me! I take it he's one of yours and coming soon? :frantically searches under the couch cushions for spare change:

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Well there are ways for you to do the M5 shape yourself (with a little work), but would this work for M6?

Oh, most definitely yes. =-) Those look awesome!

I admit, I do want to buff up M6 a bit. Although I bought the morph packages I do miss the proportion package that came with Gen 5 Michael to make him a little more ripped and bulky.

I also admit, I am not hugely fond of default m6's head. It seems narrower. I liked the default m5 head- at least from the proportions perspective. There is no denying M6' has better capabilities. Just finding the head kind of thin and narrow for my tastes.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

I am fiddeling with the same thing, but I am trying to get the M5 shape onto M6.
    I like the M5 head a lot but so far I was unsuccessful.
    When I export it as a shaping preset, it only saves the dailing I did manually but doesn't save the M5 headshape with it (the one with the Phillpi skin that is).

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    I am fiddeling with the same thing, but I am trying to get the M5 shape onto M6.
    When I export it as a shaping preset, it only saves the dailing I did manually but doesn't save the M5 headshape with it (the one with the Phillpi skin that is).

Oh man, let me know if you figure it out. I do really like M5's base head. =-)

I've managed to make M6's head more to my taste by dialing it down and adding some of the M4 morph, and Rounding the face...

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:

Oh man, let me know if you figure it out. I do really like M5's base head. =-)

I've managed to make M6's head more to my taste by dialing it down and adding some of the M4 morph, and Rounding the face...

It is a fairly simple process to transfer Genesis Morphs over to Genesis 2. A few problems come with this method, namely that every morph you have installed for Genesis comes with it. So, you cannot pick and choose at the start. Once they are all converted to Genesis 2 Male, you can choose to save only those you want to keep.

Another problem arises when you need to apply the Genesis clone to Gen2M before applying Michael 5 Head or Body, otherwise they don't look like the original. They will be missing the Genesis details. So, the difficulty comes in saving a Genesis shape that has separate head and body dials. This way, you could dial in M6 body (which is separate from M6 head by default), then dial in Genesis 1 Head plus M5 Head to get that look. You can dial in Genesis and Michael 5 as a whole, but then you can't dial out M5 body. Not without creating the separate morphs for head and body. Using the method described in other threads, it is possible to have all of your Genesis characters on Genesis 2 exactly as they appear on Genesis 1. This involves transferring the shapes to Genesis 2, then applying the Genesis 1 shape, plus the M5 shape (or whichever you are trying to duplicate), plus dial in the scaling if you wish to have it match Genesis 1. Then you have to align the rigging so the bones match the mesh, then do an ERC freeze to keep everything together in one dial. Then save that new setup.

Early last month I recorded some videos for fellow PAs to use to do this exact technique. It's not quite as complicated as it sounds. Written out, it looks like a nightmare, but once you see it done one time, it's pretty easy. I couldn't share the videos before because G2M wasn't out and of course, we can't show you ahead of time. I'm going to talk to DAZ and see if it would be alright for me to re-record the videos for the general audience. My originals are not very professional as I joked around and maybe even swore a few times, lol. Anyway, do not fear, you can have M5 head, with M6 body, or your M5 Hero stature. It just takes a bit of work. Attached is a render of Michael 5 on the Genesis 2 mesh. I didn't want the Heroic shape, so I didn't make one, or I would show that to you, but it is just as good as this when you do it.

M5_on_Genesis_2.jpg
    500 x 800 - 72K
    edited December 1969

That looks good! Great work! admit it, tried to transfer morphs over to G2F and was not successful. I guess I'll wait until someone makes the product and I can pick it up... Surely I can't be the only one who likes the M5 face and bod shape. =-)

edited December 1969

M5 had a great face and I am looking hopefully at your results Slosh!
    I keep bumping into you whenever M6 is giving me a challenge it seems :)
    Partly expecting your name to turn green any moment and say "M6 troubleshooter"!

I have no idea what an irc freeze is, but I expect it to be less painful than a brainfreeze ;)

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    M5 had a great face and I am looking hopefully at your results Slosh!
    I keep bumping into you whenever M6 is giving me a challenge it seems :)
    Partly expecting your name to turn green any moment and say "M6 troubleshooter"!

I have no idea what an irc freeze is, but I expect it to be less painful than a brainfreeze ;)

lol, yeah I've noticed your name more often lately than I had in the past. Having worked on the M4G2M set, I have become very intimate with the mesh, so to speak, and with changing it's shape, etc. I had to do the ERC process to make the M4 body and head shapes for Genesis 2 Male, so it's definitely something I am becoming well versed in. Not an expert, mind you, but pretty knowledgeable.

edited December 1969

SereneNight, there is an heroic version of M6 out today.
    Thought you might like it :D

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:

Oh yeah, he's in my cart! Thanks Estroyer. =-) Now I'm going to wait a little while to make sure they don't send out a coupon. Sometimes when I buy something in the AM, they send out a 6 dollar coupon and I have spent my money already.

I realized as I was converting my characters to M6 that there is something about the eyebrows that is different. Either that or the way the M4 skin is applying to M6 raises the brows quite high.

hmm. Maybe the new Gen x will work to convert over some of the characters I really like from M5 like James and Gabriel. I admit I'm not much of a tweaker!

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:

Oh yeah, he's in my cart! Thanks Estroyer. =-) Now I'm going to wait a little while to make sure they don't send out a coupon. Sometimes when I buy something in the AM, they send out a 6 dollar coupon and I have spent my money already.

I realized as I was converting my characters to M6 that there is something about the eyebrows that is different. Either that or the way the M4 skin is applying to M6 raises the brows quite high.

hmm. Maybe the new Gen x will work to convert over some of the characters I really like from M5 like James and Gabriel. I admit I'm not much of a tweaker!

When you say "converting my characters to M6" do you mean via my M4 for Gen2Male product, or do you mean by Map Transfer? Or, did you mean transferring the morphs to Gen2Male and then applying a texture, the brows look wrong? I would like some clarification, if you will.

edited November 2013

I have several m5 characters I really like. They wear m4 skins. I saved the skin as a preset and am trying to dial up a similar face to make the same character. I just love the bodies... so nice, but the same face is harder at least for me to achieve. I think the m6 model has slightly thinner and more pronounced features. So the brow region looks different when the skin preset is applied. It still looks good. I think there is slightly more real estate there for some reason. Maybe it is something I need to get used to. But there it just looks kind of different. I do really like James and Gabriel's feature. Transferring the face and body to gen 6 would be very useful for me. Their features have a slightly broader face which is what I prefer.

EDIT: Having messed around with M6 a while I think the issue with the brows is the way the temples are designed on M6. Just different than M5. When brows are applied they look a bit different because the shape of the head in that reason is designed differently. I have been able to slightly change the shape of this region using the morph packs.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

I don't want to derail my own thread, so to get back to my point... I would still like an M5 for M6 figure to be produced commercially. =-)

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:

Where? Been all over the new M6 stuff but no sign of him.

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Estroyer said:

Where? Been all over the new M6 stuff but no sign of him.

I believe she is referring to the swole: http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/michael-6-swole

edited December 1969

Yeah, that one's already wishlisted. I have the Original Genesis version and it's fantastic.

edited December 1969

I use it quite a bit. I was sorry the heroic shape was dropped.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited November 2013

I SECOND THIS!

I really want V5, V5 Supermodel, and M5, M5 Heroic for GF2. I think they are by far the best morphs DAZ has done for a base figure. I'd prefer a commercial product as well for quality control and updates. If they add A5 as well, then there will be no need to make an Aiko 6 and go straight to making a male figure that compliments her.

Post edited by BurstAngel on
    edited November 2013

Nice to find some M5 love here :)
    As I said, I really liked his face and would like to see that one transferred over to M6.
    I will try Slosh's method when I have time and see how that will turn out.

EDIT
    Duh, Slosh mentioned a video and hasn't discribed the process in this thread XD
    I am thickheaded sometimes ><</p>

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Nice to find some M5 love here :)
    As I said, I really liked his face and would like to see that one transferred over to M6.
    I will try Slosh's method when I have time and see how that will turn out.

EDIT
    Duh, Slosh mentioned a video and hasn't discribed the process in this thread XD
    I am thickheaded sometimes ><</div>

I really want to be able to make the video(s) available to you guys, but DAZ is having their time at home for the weekend, so I can't get permission yet. As soon as I am able, and if DAZ says yes, I will re-record the videos for the latest software version (there have been changes that are different than the method I originally recorded) and post them in my video thread, which you can see linked in my signature. I don't see DAZ saying no, since there is already a huge thread describing the process, but I have to cover myself and wait for permission.

edited December 1969

Thanks Slosh for your effort!

edited November 2013

This is just a little teaser mainly for SereneNight. In the pics below, Genesis is in Red Shorts and Genesis 2 is in Blue Shorts.

1. This is Genesis in full-on M5 shape, not Hero (sorry, I would have to do some extra work to demonstrate that Hero shape) standing beside Genesis 2 with M6 Body and M5 Head.

2. This is still Genesis with M5 body and head, but Genesis 2 with M6 Body and the head is 25% M5, 100% Genesis, and 75% M6.

So you see you will be able to blend Genesis shapes, including the base head shape, with Genesis 2 and M6 to get a fuller face, which is something you said you wanted. Or the M5 head altogether, with no M6 head. Applying the Hero Shape from M5 would require aligning the joints to the figure, then resizing to 108.6 (Hero Scale) and dialing out a bit of Genesis body so it doesn't fight the M6 body shape. If DAZ gives me the go ahead, I will provide more examples.

Edit: The pose is an M6 Pose, so I had to use Handy Dandy on Genesis (M5) to convert the hands to a Genesis 2 Pose, but you can see it worked quite perfectly.

M5_Mix.jpg
    600 x 800 - 128K
    M5_Heads.jpg
    600 x 800 - 130K
    Post edited by Slosh on
    edited December 1969

Wow!! Looks awesome! I hope you sell it Slosh. I can't wait for the return of a less ridged brow.

Nice work. =-)

edited December 1969

With a lot of tweaking I managed to get an M5 head shape, but certain areas are just not possible because the base shape is different.
    Also hoping this will be out at some point ^^

edited December 1969

Me too. my exploration with M6's head so far have not gone as well as I like. I realize it is early days, but was hoping to be able to get going on some gen6 male art products, but not being able to get the look I want that I was able to easily with gen 5 is a big hassle for me.

edited December 1969

I hope I didn't mislead anyone here... I have no plans to release M5 or any other Genesis shape for Genesis 2. I was merely showing that it can be done with a bit of work. For estroyer, the Genesis 1 head shape has to be mixed in with the M5 shape to get a perfect match. Right now, there is no separate Genesis head shape to mix with it, you have to use the entire Genesis body, which messes up the M6 only body that SereneNight wanted. I have made a Genesis shape for each of Gen2F and Gen2M, with separate head and body, but I am not in any position to distribute them. So, for now, it is my personal use only. What I may be doing, however, is remapping Genesis 2 to use other Genesis UV sets, such as Aiko 5, Freak 5, etc. That is dependent on interest from the community, though.

edited November 2013

Not at all. =-) I know you already said it isn't something in your queue to produce. One of the reasons though I posted here in product suggestions was that I would like to see a professional product created.

Since DAZ did make the gen gen 3 and 4 shapes for gen 1, I hope they will make the gen 5 shapes.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • neweliesnewelies Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Hey guys I just recentley purchased M3DHero HD shapes for genesis 2 male and they don't seem to be working. I used the Daz installer to add them but it says that it cant find the dsf file...but i looked and its there.

Am i in the right place or should i talk to someone else about this problem?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

newelies said:
    Hey guys I just recentley purchased M3DHero HD shapes for genesis 2 male and they don't seem to be working. I used the Daz installer to add them but it says that it cant find the dsf file...but i looked and its there.

Am i in the right place or should i talk to someone else about this problem?

Can you post these 2 screenshots:
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right