Upgrading to pro (64bit) from standard 32bit question?

Orion_UkOrion_Uk Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,

I have a Zendesk request for this question but am posting it here too as the previous question says 3 months with no reply!

Here is a copy of the new question..

Hi,

I see that Carrara 8 pro is $549.95, and my current paid version of Carrara 8 (8.1.1.12 -32bit) is $149.95.

Having paid for Carrara 8 standard (8.1.1.12 32bit), How much would it cost to upgrade to C8.1.1.12 64bit PRO?

(Surely not $549.95!, thats a full version price not an upgrade price right?) lol.

Is there a release date for Carrara 8.5 Pro 64bit (as i know this is still in Beta stage) or would it be better to upgrade from standard to pro AFTER the Beta becomes a stable release (to save having to pay out for another upgrade to get 8.5 pro advantages)?

I do not see an option to upgrade from standard to pro in the store! You can only buy standard OR buy pro, not upgrade to pro from standard!

Surely I would pay less than the full price for 8.1.1.12 64bit as I already own the standard version of 8.1.1.12 32bit!.
I would expect it to be atleast $149 cheaper for the upgrade right?

Please clear this up for my confused little brain (on meds due to an operation) which is not functioning properly ;)

Thank you, warmest regards, Orion_uk.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Here's the link for the C8Pro upgrade: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/carrara-8-upgrade
    That gives you both 32-bit and 64-bit -- not sure if the 8.5 beta is available in 64-bit.

• Orion_UkOrion_Uk Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Here's the link for the C8Pro upgrade: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/carrara-8-upgrade
    That gives you both 32-bit and 64-bit -- not sure if the 8.5 beta is available in 64-bit.

Not sure this is right im afraid mike! (thanks for the reply anyway ;) ) No mention of PRO and says its for upgrading FROM 7 or 7 express TO carrara 8 (which I have)... apprieciate you taking the time to post :)

Quote"Important pricing note: This page allows you to upgrade to Carrara 8 from Carrara 7 or Carrara 7 Express by clicking on the drop-down box at the upper right. The price shown next to your upgrade option is the actual price you will pay. Choose the product you are upgrading from and click "add to cart.""

Post edited by Orion_Uk on
    edited December 1969

Sorry, my mistake, let me see if I can track the right one down.

edited December 1969

Sorry, my mistake, let me see if I can track the right one down.

No prob, thanks ;)

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

Also have a zendesk question about the missing c8pro upgrades in the new store.
    2 work days old now...

edited December 1969

3drendero said:
    Also have a zendesk question about the missing c8pro upgrades in the new store.
    2 work days old now...

Sadly for Daz (and me) they lost out on my cash!

I was going to `go pro` but seeing as it was not an option at present, I decided to give my money to Reallusion instead and purchased the Iclone 5 pro bundle with 3Dxchange pro ;)

Looks like I have plenty of time to save and go pro later down the line while Daz get the exterminators in!

edited December 1969

3 work days and no answer, I can understand someone would switch to another company/software...

Daz is adding new items to the store, why are they not adding Carrara 8 pro upgrade as a new item?

edited June 2012

3drendero said:
    3 work days and no answer, I can understand someone would switch to another company/software...

Daz is adding new items to the store, why are they not adding Carrara 8 pro upgrade as a new item?

Strange eh!

If I ran an online store and one of my biggest selling/most expensive products (that guaranteed returning customers) went offline, heads would role and wages would be docked!, there may even be people getting fired!

There may be reasons for this but literally no one Knows (if they do then they are not saying!) maybe its linked to the 8.5 update and marketing strategy for that some how !

Would be good to know if FixmyPcMike has an update on his kind efforts to find out!

;)

edited December 1969

Sorry, no info yet.

• edited December 1969

Must of been a good batch of WEED this week at daz! LOL!

edited December 1969

Sorry, no info yet.

Ok Mike, thanks for trying ;)

edited December 1969

Sorry, no info yet.

Thanx for the update.

Got an answer from the support team, they can help with the upgrade purchase via phone or zendesk.
    The upgrade will not be available in the store.

edited June 2012

3drendero said:
    Sorry, no info yet.

Thanx for the update.

Got an answer from the support team, they can help with the upgrade purchase via phone or zendesk.
    The upgrade will not be available in the store.

Thanks, I put another (short and simple) request through to Britney, awaiting with sweaty palms ;)

edited December 1969

Still no resolve???

WTH!!!!!

I am now definitely writing a very strong letter to CEO James Thornton for sure this time!!

DAZ have constantly either ignored my requests, given me the wrong information and point blank refused to help a willingly paying customer!!!

I feel that I have been more than patient with the store and website problems over the last few months. Sadly, there have been far too many posts from other users in the same situation as me (some whom have been helped quite quickly and even been given C8.1 PRO at a seriously reduced rate) I COULD have purchased 8.1 PRO for $149 and now you have raised the price back up to over $500 and STILL wont help me! How can you call this customer service???

I have PDF copies of requests (which keep either disappearing or getting closed with out resolve) going back MONTHS on this issue, copies of emails etc, ALL of which will be going in a physical package to CEO James Thornton in relation to my complaint. This level of incompetence is totally unacceptable by ANY degree.

All I asked for was a reasonable price and help to upgrade from 8.1 standard to 8.1 PRO, I have been quoted so many different prices (yet no option to do this in the store) and find out that while some users are only paying $149 to upgrade from standard to pro, I am now expected to pay over $549 and buy the full verison of pro rather than an upgrade from standard to pro ??? All this focus on store and website problems, promotions and countless new products (some still with defects/issues) has lead to a serious lack in basic customer support and damage to sales.

With regret that I have to take my complaint so far (after so long!).

While its nice of DAZ to offer a Beta to use, I would like a CURRENT/up to date version to keep while DAZ work on the Beta is completed?

edited December 1969

Britneys fixing my issue right now, MANY thanks Britney :)

edited December 1969

After a few messages to Zendesk and a phone call I got it sorted ;)

I had some help from Britney and Jonie. Britney tried hard to help me but she had problems processing my card online. Strangely Joanie managed to do it by phone after a 10 minute call (dunno how much that cost me from UK to USA!) and now I finally have a copy of 8.1.1 Pro build 12...yay :)

Quote: "myself have become very reliant on the 8.5beta and hope the price not too scary as I WILL have to pay it.
    hopefully they will sort out the store upgrade pricing . . . ."

Well, I could have settled for using the 8.5 Beta (and still will use it while available) but I wanted a full pro copy that I could permanently use even after the Beta testing period is over just in case I cant afford the 8.5 upgrade from standard!

I mainly wanted it as the pro version allows import of Syntheyes camera tracking out put files and standard does not. While I (like you) have become dependent on the 8.5 Beta, there is no certainty that I will be able to afford the 8.5 upgrade price on release.

I did get my pro version (upgrade from standard) for a extremely good price of £69.95 :)
    While it has been quite a battle to get success, I am grateful that Daz sold the upgrade to me at such a low price. I am sure you can tell from my previous post that my patience was running thin, but now I am finally happy.

A bit scared on how smooth the upgrade process will run when I can afford (and its released) to upgrade to 8.5 pro :P