Found those Damn morphs for v4 hair once autofitted onto Genesis

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited July 2012 in The Commons

For a long time I ignored the hair in my character folder for using on Genesis and preferred to use hair from the hair folder. Reason being is that the morphs were there on hair sets from the Hair directory. Once I autofitted hair from the character folder, they disappeared. BUT they actually are there. Normally they appear in the parameters tab when you click on the hair item in the scene tab. But with most hair from the character folder that is not the case. They are all sitting on the neck Group. So hooray. I have all my morphs back again:) Some of you might already know this, but for me who didn't, its really cool.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited July 2012

There they are:) Highlight neck area of the hair in the scene tab and you'll see a morph tab with all the morphs. Some hair sets dont have a neck group but a tails group, just search until you see the morphs tab pop up under parameters.

2.jpg
    274 x 500 - 61K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,750
    edited December 1969

Thank you...I didnt know this

Rawn

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Excellent find! Thank you so much!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are you all using DS4.5? I'm not and no morphs in my Autofitted V4 hairs.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, this is new in DS4.5

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ahh... That bites. I need my plugins.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

when is the official 4.5 release. I need my damn GenX to work....

• hamstergirl4444hamstergirl4444 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    when is the official 4.5 release. I need my damn GenX to work....

*hamster's eyes bug out*....NO GENX?!!!! Damn, I'm glad I didn't go for 4.5 release.....

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
    edited December 1969

yeah, GenX killed it for me too! and a few other plugins
    weirdly the morphs are there but not accessible in the Carrara vertex room!
    for clothes too!
    I DID find a messy Carrara workaround I used on my Predator Huntress in the "Alien v Preadator the kiss" video
    export the fitted head as an obj with morphs enabled in the obj export dialogue, export an unfitted head with the alternate unuseable morph you want
    reimport the fitted one and in Carrara at least, you can select it and the hip and attach skeleton then in the vertex room load the other head as a morph target.
    ironically if the morphs had NOT been there in the vertex room, I might have been able to do this with an autofitted head.
    I cannot get morph loader in studio to work EVER! or maybe this would work on autofitted stuff there!