Hexagon and Shapeways

CriosCrios Posts: 2,646
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Is possible use Hexagon for create item to print in 3D with Shapeways?

Comments

• edited December 1969

Yes, absolutely. I've had items printed by Shapeways with no problems but you have to make sure you follow all the requirements for digital printing just like you would from any application or for any 3D printer. Hexagon is fine for doing this and I've had excellent results.

Once you have your mesh use the free version of "Netfabb" to check and correct any problems.

I find holes in the mesh and getting the scale right are the main things that can cause problems but I've always been able to sort them out before getting things printed and haven't had any failures.

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Oh well, i've downloaded it and soon start for make some experiment. Just a question, how you prepare Hex OBJ for be printend in CM or INCH ?

• edited December 1969

I always work in mm which works perfectly with Shapeways. One company I use (Sculpteo) always defaults to cm and I have to scale to 10%. Inches are best avoided as all the companies I've used are metric based.

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited December 1969

The free version of netfabb is very useful when used with Hexagon. Especially if you are doing a lot of booleans. When you can't work with the object in Hex anymore (ie it keeps crashing) fix it in netfabb, then bring it back into Hex and continue to work on it. Repeat as needed.

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

I've just some doubt on how work in cm.