Michael 6 Announcement and Discussion Thread

DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
edited December 2013 in The Commons

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next character in the Genesis 2 series - Michael 6. Michael 6 is built on the Genesis 2 Male figure which means he comes with all the advantages that Genesis 2 offers - better bends, a better mesh, better weight mapping etc.

Pick up your copy of Michael 6 today. You can find him here:

Michael 6
Michael 6 Starter Bundle
Michael 6 Pro Bundle

Feel free to discuss all things Michael 6 in this thread.

If you haven't, make sure you download the Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials through DIM or your Product Library. Michael 6 won't work without it.

If you qualified for either of the mega prizes you can get your code here: http://www.daz3d.com/pc-anniversary-sale-week-5

Check out the Sales and Promo page to see all of the things that the Mega Reward Coupon applies to.

Post edited by DZ_jared on

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Thanks for including those other products in the tier discounts. I like the variety in the Pro Bundle and wish to thank the vendors for their hard work.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

He looks awesome, the PA's really outdid themselves!
    But there is some confusion over the pricing.
    It contains 3 items less than the V6 pro bundle but it comes at a $40 higher price.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2013

Yes the price is only uncertainty for me. I love the content very much, he looks so awesome :D Hopefully Head and Body morphs not far behind, I am lost without them LOL

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately with this massive price hike from previous bundles, I doubt I will be able to afford much.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited November 2013

The price is definitely odd given that the contents of V6 Pro bundle cost more than what's in M6 Pro, yet somehow M6 Pro regular price is $41 higher.

Mind you I did the comparison rather quickly so there may be a mistake somewhere...

Post edited by araneldon on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Um, I'm not seeing G2M head and body morphs pack, can anybody post a link on those, please?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Right. Definitely need those, unless they're included in the Starter essentials. I'd be surprised if they were, though.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Right. Definitely need those, unless they're included in the Starter essentials. I'd be surprised if they were, though.

Yesterday I've checked but didn't find them in Essentials.
    edited December 1969

Nor did I. I do see that there is a G2F female clone though. So at least they are making a stab at still being able to autofit clothing across both genders. I'm assuming that the Genesis clone that shipped with G2F starter essentials also works with G2M, but nothing is installed yet to be able to tell for sure.

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 827
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Um, I'm not seeing G2M head and body morphs pack, can anybody post a link on those, please?

These are a necessity for me. The inflated price for fewer items as compared to the V6 pro bundle I can almost deal with but if there are no face and body morphs, what's the point?

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Every product that is coming out was not released today.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Khory said:
    Every product that is coming out was not released today.
    Yes, not everything is being dumped on the store at once.

That said, I have the feeling that some of the things are going to take painfully longer than others.

-- Morgan

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

That said, I have the feeling that some of the things are going to take painfully longer than others.

I can't imagine why other than not slamming the store with products. Pretty sure that the products shown in the preview thread are not all of the ones cued up to go live. In fact, I don't recall seeing the forest poses shown there and thinking about it I am pretty sure I know of a couple of other things not previewed in that thread that PA's have done.

edited December 1969

Greetings,

Khory said:

I can't imagine why other than not slamming the store with products. Pretty sure that the products shown in the preview thread are not all of the ones cued up to go live. In fact, I don't recall seeing the forest poses shown there and thinking about it I am pretty sure I know of a couple of other things not previewed in that thread that PA's have done.Oh no, the preview thread stuff I imagine is ready to go, to be released as the week goes on. No, stuff like the dress suit that Aave (I think) showed, apparently had JUST been submitted to QA. Male M3dia's stuff, reading between the lines, was not quite ready yet (although the characters looked gorgeous).

Sure, I totally expect there will be surprises (like the forest poses), and everything will eventually come out, I'm just noting that a few pieces that are anticipated will take a bit longer, and delays are always painful. :) Thankfully we'll have all the other awesome to keep us busy, meanwhile.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

The basic morph and expression packs needed to be ready to go concurrent with the launch of the base. I'm hoping that I just checked the page before everything went live.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Khory said:

I can't imagine why other than not slamming the store with products. Pretty sure that the products shown in the preview thread are not all of the ones cued up to go live. In fact, I don't recall seeing the forest poses shown there and thinking about it I am pretty sure I know of a couple of other things not previewed in that thread that PA's have done.

Oh no, the preview thread stuff I imagine is ready to go, to be released as the week goes on. No, stuff like the dress suit that Aave (I think) showed, apparently had JUST been submitted to QA. Male M3dia's stuff, reading between the lines, was not quite ready yet (although the characters looked gorgeous).

Sure, I totally expect there will be surprises (like the forest poses), and everything will eventually come out, I'm just noting that a few pieces that are anticipated will take a bit longer, and delays are always painful. :) Thankfully we'll have all the other awesome to keep us busy, meanwhile.

-- Morgan

Well.. we are STILL waiting for some of the products that were shown in the sneak peak thread of V6, so I doubt that all the items we saw in the M6 sneak peak is going to come i na near future.

On another note, the price is... strange for sure, and the only thing that keeps me from buying anything at this point. Would also want information regarding the Body and Head morphs :)

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

I imagine this is why the Mega coupon is good until December 3rd. To give time to decide as more stuff comes out this week and maybe next week too.

I want the M6 Pro Bundle and am thinking of getting it with my MEGA prize code; but that discount, even applied on top of the PC discount, doesn't amount to all that much of a prize. I'm somewhat disappointed and will probably moderate my participation in future promotions where the end prize is kept a secret or just ends up being a nebulous fog shrouding a discount and not an actual freebie.

M6 might end up being very useful for me but for now, just color me disappointed with a slightly grouchy specular highlight.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Seems odd that the morphs aren't out yet, you'd think they would have come out first along with the base figure. I loaded the G2 Male and, possibly due to him using the same base texture, he looks a lot like M5.

Ah well, I'll get M6 himself next week and maybe the morphs will be out then

CHEERS!

• edited December 1969

hi just bought the michael 6 basic package and ran into problem installed all okay then opened up the figure and its asking for a file named: data/daz3d/genesis2/genesis2male.dsf. does anybody know what this file is and what it wasn't on the install?

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

You need to go to your Product Library and download and install the Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials, once you've got those installed M6 should work.

CHEERS!

• edited December 1969

awesome thanks for that i'll give it a go:)

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Poor Mike 6..... he looks so vulnerable without his morphs...... Gia has already stolen his lunch money... and look out... Freak 5 just threw him in the dumpster.

edited November 2013

Greetings,
    Okay... Folks know I'm not usually one to complain. I love me some DAZ. I wanted to do a quick render, and I picked Brandon, as I thought he was cool looking.

This is what I got:

Some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected.
    The following files could not be found.

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/CTRLFitness.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Head/PHMEyesIrisSize.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/CTRLWeight.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMBodyTone.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/PBMNeckSize.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Head/PHMPupilsDilate.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMBodybuilderDetails.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/SCLNeckLength.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMThin.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/PBMAdamsApple.dsf

So for once I agree with the downer crowd; the evolution morphs should have been released at the same time. :(

-- Morgan

p.s. If this is all a mistake because the Evolution Morphs were supposed to be in the bundle, that would totally explain the price difference, AND why both characters (Logan too!) use the Morph kit.

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

According to the promo page DAZ prowdly present M6 ... now, to me, a prow is something that juts out (usually from a ship), so with this being M6 should DAZ not 'toastly' present? ;)

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited November 2013

I'm whelmed... apathetic with the release, really. I was looking forward to see if the promise of great enhancements that make G2 F and M head and shoulders above G1 delivered and... I'm still waiting. Sorry, thanks for the G2F and G2M basic, but no, not investing M6 or V6 until the promise is delivered. Already spent much with Gen 4 and G1 stuff, and the latter is still better and bigger bang for the buck, without the additional 2000 polygons or bends or drapes (all of which are too subtle enhancements, IMHO).

On a related note... Pro Bundles with NO MORPHS??? :sick:

Post edited by Servant on
  • MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Okay... Folks know I'm not usually one to complain. I love me some DAZ. I wanted to do a quick render, and I picked Brandon, as I thought he was cool looking.

This is what I got:

Some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected.
    The following files could not be found.

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/CTRLFitness.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Head/PHMEyesIrisSize.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/CTRLWeight.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMBodyTone.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/PBMNeckSize.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Head/PHMPupilsDilate.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMBodybuilderDetails.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/SCLNeckLength.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMThin.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/PBMAdamsApple.dsf

So for once I agree with the downer crowd; the evolution morphs should have been released at the same time. :(

-- Morgan

p.s. If this is all a mistake because the Evolution Morphs were supposed to be in the bundle, that would totally explain the price difference, AND why both characters (Logan too!) use the Morph kit.

I just noticed the same thing but somehow I fear we'll have to buy the morphs separately probably after the coupons run out...

edited December 1969

Greetings,

BorgyB said:
    On a related note... Pro Bundles with NO MORPHS???
    Gen 5 moved them to the Pro Suite, and Gen 6 hasn't had a pro suite. We'll see, though.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Greetings,

I just noticed the same thing but somehow I fear we'll have to buy the morphs separately probably after the coupons run out...
    They're better at customer service than that, honestly. They just aren't very good at product releases. :-) I know they'll make it right, but we'll have to wait for the morning.

-- Morgan

• MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    They're better at customer service than that, honestly. They just aren't very good at product releases. :-) I know they'll make it right, but we'll have to wait for the morning.

-- Morgan

Hope you're right not holding my breath though...

• ArvanorArvanor Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Hmm i cannot afford to buy this week. But honestly the Pro Bundle seems not very attractive to me for this high price.