Daz artists for hire?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
edited July 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Another real newbie question, but having just discovered this great program, I was wondering if there is an online resource for Daz artists-for-hire. I need some figures created, and it might be better to have a more experienced designer do it. I've hired concept artists before via the Concept Art web page and perhaps there is an equivalent out there for Daz artists.

Post edited by Deke on

Comments

• JesterVIIJesterVII Posts: 175
    edited December 1969

I have seen in the freepository forum a general freebie request topic maybe if you post there with your needs and your willingness to hire/pay for the item you might get some leads.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

The General Freebie Requests thread would not be the place for a commercial offer.

dkutzera, are you wanting a new figure or a new character for an existing figure? The former would be expensive, especially if you wanted exclusive rights.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
    edited December 1969

I'm using the super suit I bought to create some superheroes for an animated short. I can fumble along learning as I go, or hire someone to create some superhero figures using the suit. I have general designs to follow, but I'm sure there are folks out there who really know every button and switch in the program and could create something very special. I can then animate the figures as needed.

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

The General Freebie Requests thread would not be the place for a commercial offer.

dkutzera, are you wanting a new figure or a new character for an existing figure? The former would be expensive, especially if you wanted exclusive rights.

I am considering hiring someone to make me some exclusive right clothing for K4. What is the best place on the forum to post about this to get some price ideas and/or find an designer?

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
    edited December 1969

I was just wondering if there are folks who will create characters for me. I could sketch out the general shape and colors of a superhero costume, and they could approximate it with the Genesis and super suit characters. As it turns out, I'm getting pretty good at customizing the genesis character, hair and super suit to create characters.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

KimberSue said:

I am considering hiring someone to make me some exclusive right clothing for K4. What is the best place on the forum to post about this to get some price ideas and/or find an designer?

The Commons gets the most traffic. Howeve make sure you explain exactly what you require, and if you are looking for actual clothing models or just styles for an existing model. Also don't be surprised at the variations in any answers you may get, especially if you want "exclusive"

Post edited by Chohole on
  • KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

dkutzera said:
    I was just wondering if there are folks who will create characters for me. I could sketch out the general shape and colors of a superhero costume, and they could approximate it with the Genesis and super suit characters. As it turns out, I'm getting pretty good at customizing the genesis character, hair and super suit to create characters.

Can you make other stuff than superhero costumes with the super suit? Just wondering

• MadsemannMadsemann Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi. See this thread is a bit old. But do you still able to hire for creating a cartoonish version of a person (post you a photo, off course). What I need to accomplish is a rigged cartoonified version of a host for a YouTube channel. Best, Mads Nilsson