Extruding lines

eyelinereyeliner Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Kind sirs and madams, please transfer me knowledge on how to make an extrusion of a line, while keeping the with throughout that same curve. I shall show thee my predicament in the image I send to thee.

It is supposed to be a road for my peasants, but alas, the poor less attentive ones fall over the boundaries (it happens quite a lot, I may say, after all the lager is most delicious), because the width is vastly arbitrary, giving place to confusion among the ranks of my people.

Care to share a nugget of information on where to tinker so that when extruding, all faces are extruded by the same amount?

You have my thanks.

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Us the outline tool and then make a ruled surface of them

• StubbyStubby Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

http://www.geekatplay.com/flvplayer/player.php?pathinfo=hexbettertrack

That tutorial is pretty good for making roads. Might be what you're looking for. He shows how to do a racetrack but the technique can be applied for most roads.

hope it helps :-)

• eyelinereyeliner Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you, kind sirs. Thou hast helped my peasants much.

edited December 1969

I have a wee bit of a predicament, oh ye wise ones. Can't see half of my road in my rendering engine.
    I might assume it is a limitation on my architectural servants, lest I threat them with a severe drought in lager, they do no seem to do their best. Follows a picture of what I see and the document my builders sent me for your perusal can be found here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60029808/untitled_1.hxn.

I have transferred the plans to another software, named Wings3D and it shows correctly after re-export from there, but my advisors press that usage of too many so called softwares can cause confusion and the process can become more cumbersome.

I thank you greatly for thy wise reasoning.

road.PNG
    792 x 597 - 22K
  • edited May 2012

Your normals are flipped. :)

Down at the bottom, click "show / hide backfaces" to see what I mean. (and if you look at it from the other side, you'll see the reverse effect)

To fix:

Under the "utilities" tab, click "orient normals"

In the "properties" box, click "unify normals"

Click "validate".

Done! :)

Post edited by emfederin_9bc0c524c8 on
    edited December 1969

Ah, my friend. You have single handedly saved the hide of my master builder. Poor fellow was already saying his prayers, but alas, he still can make amends.

He thanks thee plentifully.